Multiview more problems after build 982

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by maciej, Jul 9, 2015.

1. maciej

maciej Registered

Hello.

After the new update there is something wrong with multiview it looks like its off not on . The cockpit view looks weird the outside mirrors are big and i cant even see the right door window like before.
    The track and cars looks stretched like there is something wrong with resolution . I am using 5760x1080.
    Another thing is for me the game is still not smooth like rfactor 1 i can see some blinking white lines and stutter i dont know if thats normal for rfactor2.
    Anyone experience the same after update?

My system

I7 4790k
    Msi GTX 980 Twin Frozr
    Samsung 840 pro

2. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

This may be obvious, but did you set it up in the file \rFactor2\UserData\Config.ini by changing the paramaters under ViewParams to match your screens?

3. maciej

maciej Registered

No i didnt do anything just like before when updated . Do i have to change something now ?

4. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

From what I understand, those setting are new to the latest build and give us the ability to better set up our triple monitor displays. So yes, you need to set up those values to match your monitors and how they are set up. In the end, you will have better results than the "one size fits all" that we were given in the past. This is a great option to finally have!

5. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

when you have triple screens and you use multiview you'll have to set the following line in X:\rFactor2\UserData\config.ini
    ViewParams=(0.533000, 0.320000, 0.560000, 45.000000, 0.020000) \\ screen width (m), screen height (m), eye distance (m), side angle (deg), bezel gap (m)

You have to do this every time you chance something in you videosetting. Otherwise you screenswill be black

Edit: btw the fov is managed by the eye-distance setting just like in iRacing.... higher is lower fov and vice versa

6. maciej

maciej Registered

I see thanks guys im going to give a try after work

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot Registered

Thanks for that, really useful info.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  8. maciej

maciej Registered

After applying those settings the view is much better as it should . There could be way to adjust it a bit more but im not sure if i could fo those measurments right. Is it in inches or centymeters the numbers i should put in that config ini?

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It's in meters