Demo - terrible!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nats, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Correct. ;) It was one of the most recently replied to threads, though, so it still seemed relevant. And a forum is good for discussion, no?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sometimes :p

In comparison to some 'discussions'... yeah, go ahead lol

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Have you turned on brake affects steering and throttle affects steering in FB?

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

He titled the entire post DEMO TERRIBLE... And then went about saying how it was the software and acted as though things were fine beofre when in reality, if he knew what he was doing, he'd know a 550 and a joystick is quite ridiculous. And many people here have offered ideas. But when you title the post like that you can expect some flaming arrows.

5. Nats

Nats Registered

With respect my joystick and 550ti card have worked flawlessly with many other games. I bought pCars instead of this game and my stuff works well in that game (albeit without FF) - very smooth gameplay, superb graphics even with full grids, and no exploding cars like in this game. The fact that the joystick didnt work with the demo of this game and I had to employ a 'hack' was more to do with the devs not choosing to support older technology. I have recently also played Assetto Corsa, F1 2015, Raceroom, RFactor 1, Race03 and they all have worked 'out of the box' with my hardware.

I am still considering whether to buying this game if only for endurance events, which arent well catered for in pCars, but the frame rate of the demo was proving to also be a problem for me - losing detail on distant cars. I suppose that is also a problem with my 'limited' hardware. Couldnt possibly be a lack of decent optimisation in the demo itself could it lol ?!?

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You didn't check "auto detail FPS" by any chance?

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

The demo have the same GFX engine than the game. rF2 is demanding to get FPS. All is dynamic in the game (Reflection, Real Road, Wheather, Shadows, ..., and the physics need some power too). We hope some optimization in the game, but If you can't run the demo in good conditions, you will can't run the game.
    A warning, rF2 is not plug and play like other game, it's a shame, but all is configurable, so there is many thread about optimization to do on your settings to find a good level of FPS.

What is your hardware configuration? For me,a 670 GTX is the limit to get quite high quality graphics with 30 cars on track.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's not just that "things are supremely super beyond all else." A lot of the visual goodies and other effects are way better handled and less resource intensive in Dx11. The devs know this and who knows, in the future we might see work done to cater to a newer version of DirectX to decrease some of the GPU load.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

rF2 is every bit as smooth as either AC or pCars on the same Hardware ......" at their given settings "

I run all 3 no worries ???

Everything has a limit , it's a 550Ti like geeessss

10. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Time to drop that E-Machine and get the Real Thing...

[​IMG]

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Really you brought a Celeron "celery stick" to a rock fight. ?

I would have been online telling you to buy a PC with Grunt.

hehehe

;)