rfactor launcher help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aldrew, Jul 6, 2015.

1. aldrew

aldrew Registered

I was hoping someone could help me. All of a sudden rfactor2 will not load. I double click on the icon and nothing comes up. When I go to task manager launch rfactor.exc*32 shows up and I have to end process.

I was going to reinstall the game but there is only the demo and light version to download.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just install the Lite version over your current install, see if that works.

3. aldrew

aldrew Registered

lite verson or demo? The light seems to be small in size while the demo is bigger.

4. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Installing the lite version worked. Thanks mate!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No problem, FYI Lite is the one you want when you've purchased the game as it's just the core components (no cars/tracks).

6. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Ok, it is back not working. I ended up uninstalling the game and re-installing it and I cannot get rfactor2 to load. Task manager says the the launcher is on, but no game is coming up. I do not know what to do now.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

If the task manager says it's running, you need to highlight and "end task". Then try to run the launcher again.

Also, go to the launcher settings and check the box that says "Auto close launcher".

8. aldrew

aldrew Registered

I have "end task" several times and tried to run the launcher with no success. Since i can't get the launcher to load, I can change its settings.

I just completely removed rfactor 2 from my PC and will now try to install from scratch and see if that works

9. aldrew

aldrew Registered

here is the latest. I completely removed rFactor 2 and installed the lite version. the launcher worked once but now I cannot get rfactor 2 to launch. I am at a loss as to what to do.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Open mod Manager

Make sure the Working Dir: and Package Dir: are pointing to the right folders

Now you said you re-installed Lite, it has no content.

Now you have to install cars and tracks.

I recommended archiving all downloads out of rF2 folder ( you can use as many Package Dir: as you like )

11. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Thanks for the tip but nothing is working. I think it has something to do with the root directory and a conflict withing windows. I am going to try doing a clean boot and see if it starts to see if there is an application or service interference.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Try installing everything to the same dir as opposed to the Default install, i.e. C:\Games\Rfactor2, byt that I mean include the Core & Data in there as well.

13. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Use the shortcut in on the desktop instead, the one in start menu points to the wrong startup folder.

14. Vintook

Vintook Registered

If you have any issues with the game not loading after an update, you may have an incompatible package which doesn't like the new build. I ran into a similar issue and it turned out to be an old package. It took a while to find it though. I loaded packages in with the mod manager about 10 at a time and started the game between each attempt to ensure it worked. Once it stopped working I would back out the last packages one at a time till I found the offending one and deleted it. I had about 8 bad ones so it was a long process.

15. aldrew

aldrew Registered

That is a good idea, although I still could not get the game to load even with a fresh re-install with nothing in the packages folder. I ended up disabling systems through msconfig.exe until I got the game to lauch . As of now, I get the game to launch, but only after I turned off a few services. I think it has to do something with an adobe update. Thank you to everyone with input and suggestions.