Build 982 AI too fast and stuttering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gadaga, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

It should be mandatory, to fill in the PC Specs, before you can posting...just a thought...

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Because it works just fine for some of us! I've auto-updated the last couple of builds with no issues whatsoever.

Sounds like a CPU/Overclocking issue to me if the AI are stuttering, nothing to do with "AI Performance" at all.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

It's still too much CPU usage imo, I have i5 CPU from 2009 and I rarely exceed 60% on purple bar. AI limiter keeps AI closer to each other in group I think, I'm sure it does nothing to solve this problem. I guess I would also start with fresh install and see what happens, as you can't really make the game AI use less CPU, there is no such setting. Also make sure you have no motherboard drivers etc that could downclock your CPU.

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

And apart of working fine for you, it introduces more possible variations in a software which is not bug free making more difficult to detect and solve problems.

I think that I have read in every single released build people getting error messages when updating from launcher.

What it is nice for you I don't think is helping rF2 development at all.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

alright calm down, I was just saying that for some of us it's OK to auto-update. I've also seen people get into problems with fresh installs!

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

For sure! Nobody said with fresh install rF2 runs bug free. It simply reduces the possibility of something going unexpectedly.

I know that updating is faster and very convenient for some people which will see it as a feature. However I would expect software programmers preferring that everybody updating using lite installer.

Let's get back on topic and see what OP responds.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Why would ISI implement an auto-updating part of the software then want everybody to just use the lite installer?! think about that :D

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Because decisions are not taken exclusively by software reasons. Auto updating as I said is a nice feature when everything works as expected.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Exactly, so now you understand, glad we sorted that out :)

Back to OP as before sounds like a CPU issue to me, as Juergen says above it would be handy to have all the Tech Specs and what not.

10. Justy

Justy Registered

I quite like having a choice how to update. :)

@gadaga have you tried capping your framerate lower to see if that helps?

I had a cpu usage problem and I reset my bios to optimised defaults (think that's what it was called) and reset my cpu and gpu to default clock settings and have had no further problems. If you have done any overclocking it might also be worth a try. :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  11. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

You might have something running and chewing up resources in the back ground. There is a few programs that can close down these programs while Rfactor 2 runs. I used Razer Gamebooster which fixed this issue until I found which program was slowing me down.

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

If you remember back about a year 1/2 ago, there were some tracks that caused this, DTM tracks to be specific, and you didn't have to be running the tracks to have the problem, just installed. (lots of dangling participles).

This could be from similar problem. I'm just saying, it's not always computer or the program.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Run windowed mode with aero

14. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Hi Justy ,

Yes I did some overclocking but as I suspected that this might have to do with it I indeed put optimised defaults in my BIOS. I also uninstalled my gfx MSI afterburner sw for overclocking the gfx card.

My spec was already mentioned : Intel i7 920, nvidia gtx 780, 6 Gbyte of memory, Windows 7 (freshly installed to exclude this as source of the problem and also because rFactor2 often makes my pc shutdown all of a sudden! All other games are ok). I have the Accuforce wheel (nice! But it is running at 1000 hz, could that be a raison ?)

I have a fresh install of rFactor2 lite 982 to which I add my packages.

I also deleted the player file and even the entire player directory.

I set the frame sync to nothing, to gfx, to software and to GPU... doesn't change anything..

The problem still occurs...

15. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

I had the same problem as the op for the previous two builds. On holiday atm so cant say if the problem persists with this build. The one or two cars immediately ahead seem to warp a few feet forwards and backwards while everything else around it runs smooth as silk. Strangely the problem never occurs when I am spectating, regardless of the number of AI on track.

But like I said... I haven't had the chance to test this build, but the problem seems familiar to the one I and some others, as reported in the technical and support section, have been experiencing with the last few builds.

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Please install rFactor2\Support\DirectX, reboot, fire up rF2 and report

After the shutdowns, did you looked into your System Event Log?

//Edit: GFX Driver is up to date?

//Edit2: How you are starting rF2? X86 or x64?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  17. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Hi Juergen,

I'll install rFactor2\Support\DirectX and then report back

The rfactor2 icon properties are "Start in E:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher". I think the software runs in 64 bit as I do not select "Force 32-bits"

The event log:

It says :
    "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." This is Event Id 41 an marked as critical

Detailed information :
    "- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-06T10:47:38.299631200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>8031</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Win-7-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

OK, afaik Event Id 41 is mostly known for Power faults (e.g. PS failed) or overheating (e.g. CPU).

- all fans are proper working?
    - wich Power Supply (Model)?
    - did you built this PC DIY? Just asking, because of the heat sink compound...

19. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Juergen,

The PC was build by an "integrator". All fans are running.. I even opened the case and put extra ventilators in front.

The power supply is an Epsilon 80PLUS 700

The Processor heat sink is tha standard Intel model. I changed the thermal "glue" two days ago to be sure that there is a good conact between processor and heat sink.

By the way: I can play hours at Assetto Corsa (I prefer rFactor though!!!) without any PC crash...

My rFactor launch procedure is as follws: I launch Simcommander 4 beta (the software from simexperience to control the Accuforce wheel). Then I fire up the rFactor 2 launcher which comes up correctly. Then I launch rFactor itself I may get an immediat computer crash but I may also go into rFactor correctly. In that case I chose the track and car and rFactor launches. Then when I want to start driving, often the PC crashes... For the moment I cannot even start driving anymore...

I'm aware that this is not the original problem I described but it is a problem which plagues me since some weeks now... PC crashs when running rFactor!!

20. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

which monitor have you? and in that resolution games?

Meanwhile test:

open file player jonson (rfactor2/userdata/player) search lines :

"Max Framerate":60, (put 60 )

save and exit and retest (ps use the "sync Yes" to options for rf2)