Build 982 AI too fast and stuttering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gadaga, Jul 5, 2015.

1. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Hello,

Like the title says... My AI is way too fast. When they pass me they do see me well and often clash into me. Also at times they slow down a lot. Also they seem to be stuttering...

On top of that I have the impression that my own car drives too slow. Like some kind of real time slow motion mode.

There must be some overall timing problem. It even does this on low graphics setting on my fairly powerfully system.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Ps: I'm running the Accuforce (might have something to do with it?)

Thanks

Paul

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What is your overall frame rate? Ctrl-F

You didn't go into accelerated time mode (Ctrl-X) by accident?

Are you on an ISI track, or third party?

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You may should reduce the AI`s Aggression & Strength

You could try to change the FOV.

4. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Hi mark

My framerate is 150 fps somewhere

It's ISI Silverstone withe the ISI skip barber

The AI 's seem like stuttering.. their représentation on the track is not stable.. Sometimes à couple of meters further ahead and then back again.. And they are much faster than me.. Normally I keep up with AI at 100% but even when putting 95% they just blast past me if they don't hit me...

And no I did not use ctrl X

5. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Hi Jurgen,

As said above I'm very used to their strength and also to my FOV setting... It's just that it is now un drivable.. Me too slow and the AI's relative to me too fast and heavily stuttering.

By the way, for the rest I get no stutters at all. It is just the AI cars stuttering

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Are you able to drive "normally" with Ctrl+X enabled? :D

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What does the meter on the top left of screen look like when you press ctrl+f twice?

AI stuttering is sometimes down to CPU struggling to run the amount. Try reducing the number and see if it makes a difference?

Also.... try running on a multiplayer server with AI added, sometimes stops your machine having the bottleneck of running them :D

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess the AI got a little improvement. I did some laps yesterday with the AI and the URD T5 Mod on Norisring. Before the last Build Update, i have to use between 105 and 107 % Strenght, to get them on my Pace. From now, it seems, i must reduce the strength to 100/102%.

9. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Woodee,

Two times the ctrl f gives me a green bar in the top left which is at around 3/4th plain and empty at the right hand part. What is this?

I've lowered the amount of AI 's from 20 to 8..Doesn't help.. Now sometimes they are ridiculously slow and then fast.. very annoying and unusable...

10. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Jurgen,

No that's not it... Whatever setting I use the AI's are changing from way to slow to wat to fast up and down. In fact all in all they have the same pace as me over time but once they are much faster and once I overtake them in a totally unrealistic
    way...

11. Quartza

Quartza Registered

What is your "AI limiter" set to?

12. stonec

stonec Registered

The stuttering part very much sounds to me like CPU issue. Ctrl+F only shows green GPU bar, press Ctrl+C and you see a purple CPU bar. It should ideally never go much above 50%, check if it does that during AI stutter moments.

13. gadaga

gadaga Registered

It is set to the default 5%. Is that OK? What is this setting for?

14. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Stonec,

The bar shows up in a little window in the top right corner.. a green bar at the top and a purple at the bottom, both with little peeks..

The purple bar which is a fine line is all the time completely filled up to the right. Only when I pause the game does it go to zero.

The green bar, also like a fine line, is all the time completely filled up to the right, pause or not...

Does this mean that the processor (s) is all the time at 100%? For information, even when booting all AI's, so le alone, the Green bar is all the time filled to the right
    What to do?

15. gadaga

gadaga Registered

I just launched rFactor2 in windowed mode with the task manager next to it on order to see processor occupation per core and in total.

Global CPU usage never goes over 30%... even of the purple bar says 100% all the time..

The individual core neither reach 100% at all... (Intel i7 920)...

16. TJones

TJones Registered

These two horizontal bars are showing GPU-load (green) and CPU-load (purple). As Stonec wrote, green bar (GPU) is always at 100%, while the purple (CPU) should never go much over 50%.
    The behaviour while pausing is normal.

Increasing "AI-Limiter" means, the field of AI-drivers is more dense, more close racing. Lowering this value you get a more stretched field with bigger gaps (more realistic IMO).

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep the purple in-game bar is the important one, Windows can show something different, but the purple bar shows what the game has availabe of CPU. It should never be even close to 100%, physics and AI get wonky when that happens, so something is not right. Maybe it's a specific track or car that causes this problem? i7-920 should be good enough I think. Also check "sim processor threshold" parameter from player.JSON file, make sure it says 255.

18. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Stonec,

there is an interesting thread on this. It says to put this value to three and not to 255. I did this and it's better... Not perfect but better.. Now with 18 AI's of which 10 visible the purple bar goes to 90 (instead of 100) and I get some little peaks displayed on the purple bar moving from right to left : (what do they mean?). Sometimes the purple value becomes 100% with a long peak at the right hand extreme and that's when my AI's go weird...

I have a 64 bit windows 7 system with i7 920 and 6 Gbyte of triple channel memory with a gfx 780.. That seems like a good system no? Strange that I get such limits... What can I do to optimise?

Also it seems strange to see almost 100%on the purple bar whereas in the task manager I see 23%. That is a huge difference!

And what does the AI Limiter (5% in my case) stand for?

Ps: Thanks for the help of all of you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  19. AceLain

AceLain Registered

You should try to erase (or backup) your player.json and start with a new one just in case !

20. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I would make a new SEPARATE install with lite installer. I haven't read anything about the way the OP updated to Build 982.

I really can't understand why people use the updating method instead of making a fresh new install which is the best guarantee everything will run as expected.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk