Better triple screen support in build 982?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rwkeating, Jul 2, 2015.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

New system works really good for me and it's much more comfortable as the old approach.
    Two things I noticed:
    - It seems the cam views for example outside view which following the car are influenced. The cars are now much more far away.
    - Is there a setting (player.jason ore anywhere else) available where I can bind the side mirrors to now automated calculated FOV ?
    If not would it be possible to make a feature for this ?

I like the new Multiview much more then the old one [emoji3].

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  2. Timpreza

Timpreza Registered

Yes. Replays are far away now, and the small monitor in the garage screen has a wrong aspect ratio, stretched vertical. When watching live fullscreen it looks like the middle screen is stretched over the 3 screens. All new issues.

3. Quartza

Quartza Registered

I see none of these issues, everything works as it should.

4. hangon

hangon Registered

Great job ISI!!..these are things that keep RF2 king...I have been doing a little raceroom and enjoy it quite a bit,but the non- triple monitor support
    really detracts me. One thing I'd love to see ISI implement is a server interface similar or the same as racerooms,that is the best one i have seen on any sim..all the info you need or want in a easy to read format. So nice to see what session the server is in,eg:race and also see how much time untill session is over..lots of other nice things too eg:( damage on/off, View attachment 17266 ...is it possible ISI to do the same??

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I get a black screen for ingame video. Lobby works, just black screen of the game. I hoped it was replay only but when I click race, still black :( Works with multiview off. Running eyefinity on AMD HD7900. Known issue?

Edit: never mind. fixed it in config.ini setting params

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This should be possible, look at rFactor 1. There are a few tabs on the bottom to click on which give you much more info. The server admins can even write messages, for example, "go to hangonsimracing.com to download the mod because I don't have autodownloads working yet" or something like that, haha.

7. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Im using nvidia ...do i still need to run the game at the wider bezel corrected resolution?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not if you use the new parameters, no.

9. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks Lazza
    I'll have a play around with that tonight

10. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Works a treat :)

Looking forward to having it in the UI so its easier to tinker with :)

11. coops

coops Banned

Been a long time coming but its great love it cannot complain. When in the UI omfg will be orsam.

12. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Finally got to test it tonight and tbh is completely transformed the sim for me. Sounds stupid I know but it's the first time I've had the right FOV, side monitors where they should be etc and it just feels do much more right. Best update I've seen on RF2 and it made the difference between me ditching RF2 having largely given up on it to just purchasing the lifetime sub this evening and finally getting round to spending duke quality tune getting the sim set up how I want it and learning duke of the tools the community has built.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

13. gorzasty

gorzasty Registered

Hello

Can You tell me what have You changed there? I've got the same problem.

E: ok. I changed ViewParams=(0.530000, 0.300000, 0.770000, 45.000000, 0.000000) like this and it's OK now, but I dont know why I can't change my FOV now???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Hi,

you can try opening your config.ini file and fixing these numbers (using your real numbers);

ViewParams=(0.530000, 0.300000, 0.650000, 38.000000, 0.040000) \\ screen width (m), screen height (m), eye distance (m), side angle (deg), bezel gap (m)

Sometimes the game override those numbers with 0.00000 and/or messing with the "./," between different systems and languages so it creates crazy numbers the system can't manage.

As the issue looks already managed internally, I believe it will be fixed on next build as for the realtime multiview/triple gizmo available ingame, so you don't have to edit that file by hands.

15. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Because the FOV is now the result of those numbers, it is the output of a FOV formula. :)

If you want to go back to old method (free FOV no matter your triple setting) use that line:

UseSubViewParams=0

16. gorzasty

gorzasty Registered

Thank You very much Tuttle! Now everything is clear and working.