Better triple screen support in build 982?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rwkeating, Jul 2, 2015.

1. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

In the build notes it says "Adjustment parameters for multiview are now available in config.ini" Does this mean that we can configure bevel correction in rFactor now?

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Correct, and angles, sizes and distances.

3. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

Fantastic! Now all we need is an interface to make the changes within the sim because without that it would require a lot of guess work and opening and closing of rFactor. I am happy as it seems we (triple screen users) are finally getting what we asked for and needed. Just one more step to get to an interface and we will be there!

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Why aren't you measuring everything? Guess-work and fiddling isn't required. Just measure everything :)

5. Depco

Depco Registered

While I agree measuring is the best option, and I certainly will do the measuring of my rig, having an easy to use UI is preferred over having to open the ini/Json file and search for the values. I understand that ISI doesnt really care about the UI that much, but it is part of the overall aesthetic that many players enjoy. It seems to me that for evryone but the most hardcore simmer, ease of use is more enjoyable than having to root around when you want to get things set and get to racing. Maybe I'm being oversimplistic in my thoughts on this.

6. Kek700

Kek700 Registered

I agree, it is only a one off measurement, easy to do and is a big improvement on having no real facility at all.

One of the best single improvements they have done.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's no reason it won't be in the UI in the future. It'd be nice to know more about how the options are working/received before that.

8. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Delighted to see this. It was one of the biggest issues I had with rf2. I look forward to testing it out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I don't understand all the fuss, since I switched to triples, I just ran eyefinity, set my bezel adjustment with eyefinitys tool, set my resolution in rf2 config, set my fov using the fov calculator and never looked back or had to change anything... works like a charm and great performance/fps :)

10. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Steve, yes, by setting the bezel adjustment with eyefinity you are fixing one part of the problem but unless you had a monitor angle close to what was hardcoded in rf2 it does make a difference there.

I dont have triples anymore but glad to see the feature appear, I was certainly waiting for it before I went rifting.

11. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Yeah add metalnwood notes it's angles. Thing is with iRacing and assetto corsa both offering proper adjustment it was a pain having to live with the distorted view one gets in rf2 (or the alternative of moving monitors all the damn time which does nothing for consistency).

12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

We already have the realtime ingame HUD for the Multiview setup. It is already working. We have just to test it a bit more and will be there on next build.

Feedback about the new approach are VERY welcome. :)

13. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Excellent news Tuttle.

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Awesome news. Not that I have my triples set up again yet after moving house :(

15. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I have my monitors set up very close to 45 degrees. I had calculated my FOV, and previously used NVidia surround's bezel correction. With the new controls, it looks nearly identical, so I guess that's good!

I overlap my bezels, so I used half the bezel width of one monitor, which seems to work correctly. This is the proper approach, right?

16. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Correct same here

17. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

Same approach I use, works well.

18. drdrum

drdrum Registered

My FOV does not change when I change the numbers. My FOV is supposed to be 22 but when I change it the screen is the same. I can put it to 100 and it looks the same.
    The FOV control in the car or in the options on the main screen doesn't change a thing. Im stuck with what I have. How do I go about changing this?
    Thanks

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you are using the measurement system then that determines your FOV for you (it has to, and also does so in IR, AC, etc., that's how the system works). If you want to choose your own FOV then you must use the "old style" multiview way, to do this you must open up the config.ini file and set "UseSubViewParams=1" to "UseSubViewParams=0" (basically a "0" instead of a "1" at the end). It should be in your Documents - rFactor 2 - Userdata folder. Don't forget to save it.

20. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Thanks Spinelli, I didnt know that. I fiddled with these ViewParams=(0.210000, 0.120000, 0.300000, 35.000000, 0.000000) \\ screen width (m), screen height (m), eye distance (m), side angle (deg), bezel gap (m)
    I have triple 24's And I kind of like the result.