Resolution problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rob Berry, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Rob Berry

Rob Berry Registered

I have reinstalled rF2 on a new system which is connected to my home network, and I have the Video Resolution set at 1920X1080. But when I start the game it seems to default to 1024X768 for some reason I can't figure out.

I installed the Lite version then transferred over folders from my full version (pkgs, player etc) and also had to run the MSVCP120.dll on this new Win 8.1 gamer.

System specs:
    Intel Core i7-4790 CPU@ 4.00GHz 4.00GHZ
    Ram 16.0 GB
    64-bit x64
    Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your UAC/permission settings might be interfering. Try installing to a writeable folder (outside of program files at the least), and/or run rF2 as administrator.

3. AndyG

AndyG Registered

Sounds like you tried to amend your resolution in game. Every time you leave the game it will default back to what you have as standard.

When you open the Launcher on a new install you need to click on the 3rd icon down (the 'cog'), then click on Video Settings. Here is where you set your resolution, HDR on, Anti Aliasing level etc etc etc. This configures your system. In game you will see the settings you've chosen carried over. Next time you exit those basics you set will be the default. Hope this helps.

4. Rob Berry

Rob Berry Registered

Thanks guys, forgot about Administrator rights, resolution behaving now.

Never had an issue with Win 7, still getting used to 8.1. I should not check the box under compatibility tab "Run this program with compatibility Win 8 either I'm guessing?