rFactor 2 Build 982 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2015.

1. shiet

shiet Registered

Hi!

Yesterday I realized that the spotter works only on oval tracks. The build notes says:
    "Now recognizing GDB track type of “Oval” in addition to the original types “Superspeedway”, “Superspeedway Oval”, “Speedway”, “Speedway Oval”, “Short Track” and “Short Track Oval”. Despite all these choices, the app code doesn’t actually differentiate them, other than to identify these track types as not being a “Road Course”. The main differences in behaviors between ovals and road courses are 1) whether the spotter works (oval only)"

My question is how can I enable the spotter on road course tracks?

Thanks.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Simple for me. :)

There was no spotters in the 1960s. hehehe

If I used them it would be fantasy not to mention I would have a aid that other drivers of the period did not.

it depends if I wanted to simulate reality or fantasy.

In motorsports like Nascar , Dallara, etc. that use spotters, I have no problem . :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  3. rafnix

rafnix Registered

Whenever I was on your server chase view n bumper view.. just all aids views were enabled.
    Did you change that meanwhile? If so I'ld join again sometime soon as I stay away from ppl using other than cockpit.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I enable auto clutch, gears and any view to help people with different levels and controls.

I don't use them myself.

No one will beat you using these so I don't really consider them aids.

I happy to run a room 100% hardcore but rookies would last a lap before they leave, no point to that.

You run no damage people somehow think you drive ? ..arcade ? p

I train rookies......I do not want to have to pit every lap 5 times because a rookie tears a wheel off on every 2nd corner, I rather keep them on a timed lap.

5. V.A.

V.A. Registered

Question:
    Anyone works command +connect="<ip>:<port>" +dedipass="password"? Enter the server but show then window requests password. Maybe "dedipass" is not activate? Any other parameter necessary?

Thank You.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

did you include the double quotes around the password. If I remember correctly it's mandatory that you have the double quotes.

Edit: I just tested and you're right, it doesn't work.

7. V.A.

V.A. Registered

Well ... Let's wait another build more ... :mad:
    Thank you, Noel. Always so friendly.

8. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

Can I ask: is /pitbydriver or /pitbyteam the default setting? Is there a way to implement /pitbyteam globally (IOW revert to the .veh file setting), or do we have to manually set every team present in the warmup session? Do we have to use the full teamname?

For our league, I intend to create a custom .rfcmp in which drivers who are in a 2-man team are assigned a shared PitGroup. The PitGroups will not change throughout the season, and I want drivers in the same team to be forced to share a box. Will I now have to enter the /pitbyteam command for every event?!

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

By default the pitgroup from the veh files are used. The command was added as a way to change pitgroups without having to edit the veh files and then send out all new rfcmp files. You can create a batch file with all the commands and then call it during warmup with the /batch command. Right now it's only /pitbydriver and /pitbyteam. Team as in the team value in the veh. The next public build will have a /pitbydesc or something like that which lets you assign the group by the "Description" value from the veh file.

This is all optional though. You can keep hard coding the groups in the veh if you want to.

10. JackFeelsNerves

Brilliant! Thanks for that comprehensive and prompt answer, Noel :)

I'm working with a somewhat dated third party mod, and in one of my tests drivers from one team (to whom I had allocated a PitGroup in their .veh files) ended up being given separate boxes. I will need to do more testing, but in your opinion, do you think my .veh files are being superseded by a setting in the mod? I'm 100% sure I've created the vehicle files correctly (no zero in the PitGroup number, for example), although I do have one more question: if I allocate PitGroup=00 to one of the cars, does that affect the allocation of other PitGroups?

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Do you possibly have the auto parking feature enabled? I thinks it's the default now. Search multiplayer.json for "parking" and you should find the setting. If that is enabled it will override your veh files.

12. JackFeelsNerves

Ah, another setting which has been added without being mentioned in any changelog (or did I miss that memo?). Thanks Noel, that will surely be the solution to my problem. :)

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I figured it out. It's +dedpass not +dedipass.

Code:
    +connect="10.1.18.5:64297" +dedpass="mypasswordhere"
    You can use this option two ways. First by running the launcher and then clicking the settings button, them click on Multi Player and then add your options there and then click save. The other option is to make a new launcher shortcut and put the +connect/+dedpass option on that. When you do it via the launcher command line it will launch right into the game without ever actually showing the launcher.

I edited the release notes in the first post to show the correct options to avoid future confusion.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa767914.aspx got me to the point of executing the action, but didn't know the required arguments for the exe.

15. aldrew

aldrew Registered

If one adjustes the paramerts to suit one's setup, do you leave the FOV at default in the game? I had it at 29 before I saw this, I then changed the parameters for the size of my triple screens and now not sure if I should put the FOV to default.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That simple method doesn't work in Win8+ anymore. I'm fighting this as we speak. I'm actually on Win10 though. I tried to tackle this a few weeks ago and actually got farther. Before I could at least see the association in the "Default Programs" control panel thing.

This is what I have so far for Win10.... but no luck. For now I'm just trying to get the launcher to run... After I get that I will right a helper app that will locate your rF2 launcher and build a real command line for it.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rFactor2.ProtocolHandler]
    @="URL:rFactor2"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rFactor2.ProtocolHandler\DefaultIcon]
    @="D:\\rFactor2\\990\\Launcher\\Launch rFactor.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rFactor2.ProtocolHandler\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rFactor2.ProtocolHandler\shell\open]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rFactor2.ProtocolHandler\shell\open\command]
    @="\"D:\\rFactor2\\990\\Launcher\\Launch rFactor.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2]
    @="rFactor2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2\Capabilities]
    @=""
    "Description"="rFactor2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2\Capabilities\URLAssociations]
    "rFactor2"="rFactor2.ProtocolHandler"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2\DefaultIcon]
    @="D:\\rFactor2\\990\\Launcher\\Launch rFactor.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2\shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2\shell\open]
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Games\rFactor2\shell\open\command]
    @="\"D:\\rFactor2\\990\\Launcher\\Launch rFactor.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplications]
    "rFactor2"="Software\\Clients\\Games\\rFactor2\\Capabilities"

I need to do this project in a VM with a snapshot to roll back to when I mess up the reg. I have a fresh Win10 install in a VM... I'm going to continue this project there. :)

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you set up your screen angles/dimensions using the settings, the FOV setting is ignored. You can change it all you want and nothing will happen :)

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Why just by track? Why not by combo?

20. V.A.

V.A. Registered

Thanks, Noel!!!!!

I will launch the command via its own software that will run various activities in the background. But that is another story.

Thousand thanks, Noel!!!!