rFactor 2 Build 982 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I don't think that this is exclusive from B982. When you are online with the default UI, the last post in the chat box appears in orange color over a grey background which makes it almost impossible to read it. Sometimes I have to type something myself so that it moves up and I can read it.

Can this last post appear in the same color as the rest?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's defined in the UI. You can edit a copy of the existing one and change it.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I have also realised that in the window for selecting the series, all existing vmods appear, whether they are installed or not. If you select and accept a non installed mod, the selection does not take effect.

4. Bassman

Bassman Registered

Hello,

Sorry if this is answered in other threads but I have not updated my build for a few releases. I had read some things about FFB strength with the previous build and wanted to ask about FFB in the latest build. I just upgraded and it seems the FFB is a lot lighter now. If I increase the multiplier I am getting clipping in my F1 mod but not in the Indycar 1.63. So my F1 cars have really light FFB where I did not remember this before. Also read some things about caster settings. Is this a viable way to get more steering resistance?

My wheel is a Thrustmaster 458 which has always had plenty of power. Thanks.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If so, maybe it would be a good idea, to install rF2 complete fresh with the Lite Build. May i ask you, what was your latest Build before B982?

6. Bassman

Bassman Registered

Hello,

I looked it up and I was wrong, build 946 was what I was just using. So I did not skip a release. Sorry for the confusion, but the FFB does seem lighter. Is this my imagination or are others seeing this?

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Which value you`re using for "steering torque minimum"? By the way, it`s from now in the Ingame Menu (FFB Minimum Torque), too. Steering settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
  8. Bassman

Bassman Registered

I am using 5 for the min torque. I had the FFB multiplier at .9 before without any clipping. Now, I seem to get clipping even at .9 Am getting used to the forces but they do seem a bit lighter. Using the F1RFT 2013 mod.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe testing with ISI Content would be better...

10. Bassman

Bassman Registered

Well I am used to the F1RFT mod. I lowered the minimum torque to zero and am still getting some clipping. When I am in corners like fast sweepers I can hear my wheel buzzing which I never heard before. I also use the little clip graphic to see the forces. Fast corners turn the steering red. Just wondering if this area is purposefully different.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You could try how it works with increased smoothing. But you know, the more smoothing, the less details from ffb...

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

To answer your question:
    Never heard a report that FFB went much lighter or heavier from one build to another.
    It´s more or less the same for years now. Propably a placebo/imagination.
    Can´t tell my own experiences though, as I don´t use it.

13. Bassman

Bassman Registered

I did some racing today and the forces are there but I now run a higher multiplier than I used to. But the handling of the car seemed more responsive and tire spin was easier to feel.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Care to shed more light on these?

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It's for setting pitgroups. In the past you had to edit the pitgroups in the veh files which required a component repack. Now in the warmup session you can set the groups on the fly.

/pitbyteam 1 <teamname>

That would put the team in the first pitgroup. Right now the teamname is what you see as "Team" in the veh file.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I be more worried about this build letting hacked cars join rooms.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If this is true, would be a big step backwards...

18. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I may be the weakest link in my failure to understand this, but how did this go from setting pitgroups to hacked cars entering servers?

I guess somewhere else somebody reported hacked cars entering servers or something? Otherwise I'm lost.

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

It is all build 982 related. So could and should coexist in this thread.

20. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

They are two independent issues being alternatively talked about.

VEC has recently announced dropping back to B946 due to the possibility of cars different from the specified in the vmod joining the servers.
    Log files are supposed to show that a different car being used so it shouldn't be much worry expect for the annoyance of having to check those files to verify that nobody cheated.

The pitgroups reference was answering a post who asked for further explaining of a new feature which should help leagues using original components instead of modifying them for teams/skins.

I hope it is more clear now ;)