reiza funding campaign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkn87, Jun 25, 2015.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Your problem is that you consider simcade a derogatory term, but to me, it's an appropriate description, especially as "the certain dynamics" you speak of are critical to realism and degree of difficulty.

Simcade is a viable word imo, and should be used to separate highly detailed sims from lower detailed ones.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It is a viable word but not if used mistakenly. F1 201x series from CodeMasters, ok. pCARS perhaps (it simulates a bunch of things but there's an underlying assist I couldn't get rid of).

3. schigara

schigara Registered

How about instead of simcade we call less realistic/convincing sims like Pcars Simsoft?

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Codemasters F1 = "sim-cade"? Not a chance in my opinion. It's a car racing videogame, and it happens to work fine with a wheel and pedal set - simple as that. If Codemasters F1 is "sim-cade" then Gran Turismo would "super-sim"/"pro-sim", and rFactor 2 would be off and beyond the entire scale in another dimension, lol :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

why such fuss over what they're called? just get on and play them!

ANYWAY back to topic this is the current status:
    $18,661USD
    raised by 229 people in 3 days
    24% funded
    27 days left

I can't help but think after the initial influx of early buyers that they need a decent push to get anywhere near their target, certainly more News coverage would help and for me extending (if they can) the time for another 30days. Otherwise they may struggle to get about 75% I reckon, which reminds me I must decide which Tier I want!

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

My observation of Kickstarter campaings is that there is no initial influx and actually the rate tends to raise with time, i also always thought, using my logical thinking, that the rate would be the highest right at the beginning, but as i said, i observed it tends to be the opposite

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cool good to know, I suppose I was basing my judgement on Charity Fund-raisers I've done in the past where the initial influx is the biggest then it dies down thereafter. It will be interesting to watch though.

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i guess here the biggest factor is "as the word spreads" but that is my assumption. In case of Kingdome Come: Deliverance, i belive that actually the last 12 hours showed the highest rate, but that could also have been caused by the fact that in the last 12 hours they have already beaten their goal by like 5000% which only encouriged people to back it up so they get a cheaper copy of the game as a backer than when it comes out (20 euros of backing vs something that i expect to be like 60 euros when it comes out)

9. Descoat

Descoat Registered

I´ll support them Tomorrow.

One of the most brilliant tittle ever ( GSCE ). I think, Reiza is a part of the ISI story and they need to help themselves.
    I hope they will get enough money from us in this campaign.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Reiza plus better variety of cars would be good but as is I rarely play SCE and when I do it is the 911 mod which is great but not good enough to tear me away from rF2...

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Devs hijack the term sim as a marketing gimmick.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Goat Simulator is a good example of this. :D

13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

You can increase your funding at a later date (before the campaign finishes) if you wish.

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Mh, I wonder why REIZA-people at all costs want to make another racing-sim.
    Wouldn´t it be easyer (and therefor more effective) to make licensed pay-content for....let´s say rF2 ?

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

They don't want to work with rF2 tire model.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Their current title is just licensed pay content for rF1. You can't seriously think with all the content they include that we are paying more than a pittance for the actual core sim itself.

So either rF2 is too expensive for them to continue that existing model. Or, it's not finished yet and they think based on the established history it will take too long for it to get to the stage they can just use it as a base to add their content. Or, they don't like something about rF2 and think they can do better themselves. Or, they are licensing the core so they can play both sides of the fence and pay for certain "rF2" upgrades if they like them and skip ones they do not (either ignoring them or doing them differently themselves).

rF2 does not have any kind of security and installation model that would allow content from a Reiza or anyone else to be protected, so releasing a stand-alone title is the best option. And, who would want to support a package installed inside a "sandbox" simulator that we all know we can quite easily screw-up by fiddling with settings and .JSON files. I don't think Reiza customers need to or are as prone to fiddling as we are here with rF2. They are trying to present a polished gaming experience and, by all accounts, are doing a great job doing so.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

...and: because, they can :D

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Just curious but if they don't reach their goal do they keep what they raised or do they have to return that money?

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Fom Indiegogo: