Florida Speedway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by cyruscloud, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There is no proper quality Daytona available and the semi-fictional version is that, semi-fictional. Madcowie did a ton of stuff and is also left without a company to work under, it's not easy for anyone especially trying to make a living out of something they love.

2. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

A couple looks at the curbs at the back straight chicane.

GRAB_032.jpg GRAB_033.jpg

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Small tip, what I usually do for very small sharp, straight angles, is make them slightly slanted, going more for the average of the angle where the top and bottom are a bit rounded through the pouring process and wear. This way you'll
    catch the lighting and specular better since they are always at an angle instead of straight up/down and might even be picked up better by the tires as well.

[​IMG]

Keep it up ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
  4. Haudi

Haudi Registered

I finally had some time to drive around the second alpha build of this track and it's looking really great. With little besides grass and road it's a bit vast and hard to get your bearings, but the layout seems perfect so far (coming from somebody who has raced there IRL). Can't wait to see how it progresses!

5. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Already dropped this message to my patrons but just wanted to drop in and say that I've been out of touch for a few days due to my mother becoming ill and being hospitalized for several days. She is back home now and recovering and I should be getting back to work and will update more on the project sometime soon.

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hope she gets better soon mate

7. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Another progress update

GRAB_033.jpg GRAB_034.jpg GRAB_035.jpg GRAB_036.jpg

I've still been working on the curbs around the track and this place has a lot of different types of curbs so it is presenting itself to be a challenge. The workload involved in making all of these 3d is tremendous compared to making simpler curbs in the past. The detail and value is there in the end but it isn't an easy task really. Hopefully I can get these wrapped up before too much longer and move on with things soon.

8. Justy

Justy Registered

Blimey looks great! Keep up the good work!

P.S. I hope your mother gets well soon. :)

9. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Still working on things, sculpting the terrain right now so not much to look at. I'm using as much of the Lidar data I have to model the terrain so its a steady but thorough process despite how flat this place may seem.

On another note, I'm calling out a bit of a conspiracy theory or at least maybe a personal vendetta as Mario's Road Atlanta Project was just featured on Virtual R, yet neither Gingerman which many photos, videos and even the track has been released without a mention, or Florida Speedway which by the way is also being build from LiDar data and has already had numerous screenshots shown have either been featured on Virtual R. It's not like I didn't submit the news to them about Gingerman either and its not like my JM Virtual Tracks site, facebook page or patreon are exactly secret either. So just saying....

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I have boycotted that site for nearly a year now.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Don't take it personally...there are other finished and significant profile rF2-related projects that have been submitted, but never appeared on that site.

We all know this is the best reliable news site for rF2: https://www.facebook.com/simracingforlife ;)

12. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

This still being worked on? It's looking outstanding! keep it up!

13. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Yes it is still being worked on. My supporters already know this but the last couple weeks I've been on a side project though that will hopefully turn into some nice surprises for everyone. I'll have more news on that soon I hope and more on Florida Speedway a little down the road.

14. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Awesome. It looks amazing so far. Wish I could support, but I literally can't right now. Hopefully I can soon. My favorite oval and probably my favorite road course as well. Keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015