Anyone able to help me out with getting models in game (possible join mod)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by maxt35, Jun 17, 2015.

1. maxt35

maxt35 Registered

hi

was wondering if anyone would want to help me work on a kart mod based of the currect rfactor 2 karts mod
    this would include a different engine model (rotax) and even real life bodywork

please pm me for me information
    i would like to get this done as soon as possible for a charity even im doing with a kart simulator

2. raul999

raul999 Registered

i think the 3d models of the cars of ISI are locked, maybe you need question to creators the possibility of help you to get the models.

If you only want change engine, you can modify the files and create a new mod.

go to Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\

Search here the karts, open the folder, open the MAS2 utility and open the common files of the karts.

Then you can modify there the files of the engine.

Then you need build a new build of the mod, when you have modified the engine files, save the .Mas with all files.

Then go to create single cmp package in the MAS2, and insert the kart files here, GMT.mas, MAPS.mas, common.maps, (Best if you change this .mas names) then change the name of the mod, call it MyKarts

then install the component and try the new kart. i hope this help you, my english is not good.