Staring at the cockpit roof?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuuliaki, Jun 17, 2015.

1. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Registered

Hi guys,
    After installing rFactor2 to my new PC I have a strange problem. When the race starts, I'm looking up in the cockpit, about to the upper edge of windshield. In other camera views there's no problem, so it's possible to drive for example "sitting on the hood" but that's not good enough. What might cause this, how can I cure it?
    - tuuliaki

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you attach a screenshot to show what you are seeing?

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have the same problem when I turn the game on but have my wheel's power still off. It's because I have mouse-look assigned to the Fanatec left control stick.

You may have something mapped to mouse look or some other mapping which affects the view. Maybe you have a gamepad or something plugged in?

Just reassign the controls to unassigned for anything that can affect the view.

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

As an alternative check Seat Pitch in your player.json file. I've a vague memory of the default install not have this value on 0 and having the same symptom but that was a couple of builds ago.
    Did you copy your userdata folder over to the new PC perhaps?

RWB FxUK likes this.
  5. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Registered

Thank you for your answers guys! What caused my problem was that because I couldn't fin my wheel from the control profiles, I chose one from there and started adjusting that one. Which of course was not the clever way. Especially when my choice was fanatec, which is as far from my wheel as it can be. But my problem is solved now, thanks for your time. ( My wheel is an old MS Sidewinder )