shifting gears

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by elvis feet, Jun 13, 2015.

1. elvis feet

elvis feet Registered

Does anyone know where to change from automatic transmission to using shifters?

Elvis Feet

2. coops

coops Banned

you have the aid on turn it off... in settings i think

3. elvis feet

elvis feet Registered

Hey Coops, thanks for the reply, but I don't see anything in any menus that say "aid" Still workin on it. Any more ideas??

Elvis Feet

4. PMC

PMC Registered

Go to 'Options/Difficulty'

5. elvis feet

elvis feet Registered

Like to thank you guys for your help yesterday, I got every thing working except it loses it's memory if I leave the track. New track?? Reset the whole thing and hold my breath. I gotta find where the memory switch is.

Thanks Elvis Feet

6. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

For now, you can edit line 75 (or thereabouts) in your Player.json file to "Shift Mode":0,

The only reason I can think of that causes you to lose the setting is that your player.json file is in a location where it cannot be modified. If you have a non-standard installation of the game, where all the files that normally are designed to be in your My Documents\rFactor folders are in the Program Files (x86)\rFactor folder, in a Windows installation with User Account Control active, then the player.json file cannot save changes. You'll find that even starting the game with "run as administrator" or being an administrator won't guarantee that files that must change or be created during game play or settings changes, such as your player.json, can be modified and saved to maintain settings. If you insist on this style of installation, you should take ownership of the rFactor game folders that would normally reside in My Documents.