What's this I hear about Oulton Park?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by P.S.R., Jun 12, 2015.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

I hope this is what I think it is! :)

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I was watching this video:

It's amazing how colours are well balanced, the general environment looks very believable.

Great job!

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m not sure that Digga is amused, when you post his upload...

//Edit: download link was removed by Magus, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Specially when it isn't done properly.

5. Magus

Magus Registered

Post deleted. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just came across the update & seen that no one had updated this post, so tried to make myself useful :)

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Magus. BTW..the update is available on the Sim Racing For Life fb page.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

Yeah that's where I copy & pasted from. I mean, I saw it was there for a day or so and that no one updated here, so thought I would spread the good news for people who don't frequent there often.

Anyway, hopefully no harm done or offence taken by Digga & thanks for both yours & Hex's input into the track, one of my favourites atm.

8. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep. you guys did a fantastic job. Thank you very much

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

9. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Thanks Magus for the link originally, I don't frequent Facebook so I would of never known about an updated track. I usually just skim looking for interesting tracks to try out. Perhaps next time just a link to the Facebook would of appeased everyone. Thanks SRFL for the track.

Cheers

10. pmarin2

pmarin2 Registered

Hi! I downloaded the updated version from SRFL's facebook page a couple of days ago, for what I read here its not yet an official release, but just in case I wanted to report an issue with the new AIW. The AI seems to go wide on the first corner. Here is a screenshot to show the issue.

View attachment 20544

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But it`s on the two INT_NC versions, only?

12. pmarin2

pmarin2 Registered

I just tried to run some laps again, this time with MAK Corp's prototypes mod, and it happens with all the versions. Maybe its intended, as that surface is "drivable" and cars dont spun, its not just grass, but has blocks underneath. Its specially visible when races start, as there are a lot of cars side by side, and the AI runs wide, but when watching the replay it does occur when they are driving in a row also.

Might be that the corridor for the AI there is a little bit wider, because you can also see that they usually hit the first marker - I don't know how its called in english, sorry, hope you understand - when trying to hit the apex on T1.

Its really a minor gripe, the track is, IMO, one of the best out there, and the AI on this last version is far better than before.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The first corner does indeed have drivable surface on the outside, like you say, looks like grass but isn't grass.

That's why I figured that the ai should probably be allowed to use that bit of track too, because the player no doubt will.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sure, it`s not grass but a kind of grass paver. The problem with this wide line is the curb. The AI`s hit the curb on the outer side (with the inner side of the left hand tires), where the curb is very high. I guess a good solution would be to make the line a little bit tighter and reducing the heighth of the curb a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  15. pmarin2

pmarin2 Registered

Thanks for clarifying this, I think the problem is me then, as I don't use it hahaha

I assumed that grip would be horrible there as it was covered with grass and always stayed on the track.

Thanks again for the new aiw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Megane v1.9???? ;)

The only graphical problem I have noticed with this latest Oulton is some remaining z-fighting on the main pit building and the tire wall end caps (as seen most clearly in the Island layout). Modders have done a great job addressing all the other flickering and annoyances.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016