[WIP] Mazda Road To Indy - 2015 USF2000

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Michael Peters, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Looking awesome Mike!! Really looking forward to it!!

2. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

I wish I could help, but this hurts my brain...I can barely model :/

3. Michael Peters

Michael Peters Registered

We have cars racing! Gearbox needs work, engine needs work, and the tires have a "wobble" that I can't explain. Had to rebuild the entire thing from scratch from just the max scene and Jose's suspension files and some filler physics but we are back in business.

To Do List
    Finish Physics
    Build Steering Wheel
    Animated Driver
    Fix strange position of spindle on LR wheel
    Paint some cars!
    Sounds -- have onboard video of a full race to take samples from

Who can help get this done before the car goes away at the end of this year!

Will capture a video later when I am on my rig with Nvidia card and better performance.

The template is done -- anyone want to get started on some liveries for 2016? I can provide you access to high-resolution photos of all cars ;)

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Which driver model are you using? There is some scaling differences between body, helmet and car. But very good news, lovely to see an update from you :D.

5. Michael Peters

Michael Peters Registered

Yeah, it is definitely too big. Another forum member put the driver in place for me, but I have lost touch with him. Not responding to emails.

I have the MAX scene if anyone wants to try implementing the proper driver or can take a look at the spindle issue on the left rear!

6. BecauseRaceCar

BecauseRaceCar Registered

Any updates?

7. call-911

call-911 Registered

I'm VERY interested in any progress as well!

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

New Mores screenshot showed an alleged USF2000 / Formula Atlantic ?
    One can hope :)

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Excerpt from the transcript of the interview with Tim Wheatley at RaceDepartment shows exactly where this project is:

TW: "...Another thing I am fond of with licensing is to get the full series. The deal with USF2000 and the Road to Indy I really like, because it allows up and coming racing drivers to be in a racing simulation. The great thing for them or any kind of fan or family or anyone who's using our product, is they can race against them or as them.

We had a lot of people contact us when we did the F2 saying how cool it was that their brother or uncle or whatever was in a racing simulation. It matters to these guys and I like the fact that with rF2 we can support the series. All of those sponsors that are on a real USF2000 car aren't being shown in other products that only use player liveries. It doesn't give the sponsors as much, it doesn't give the teams as much which doesn't give the series as much. I like the fact that you are almost supporting the series when you bring in all the drivers, the liveries the helmets and everything like that.

RD: Obviously you are plugging in real world data into rf2. That should have some benefits as well for people in that series or those looking to move to that series?

TW: There is actually a guy that works with some USF2000 teams called Michael Peters who's posted in the forums a few times. He started to do a USF2000 mod and posted in our forums about it and then he contacted us to say have you guys thought about doing this series. We basically used him and used his knowledge which was pretty extensive to go forward with this. He's helped us a lot to provide us with a lot of contacts and through him we've had 7 or 8 2016 USF 2000 drivers that have all tested the 2016 car for us. The feedback and everything has just been really fantastic. They should be really, really good realistic cars with great data and testing done.

RD: So is there a rough ETA on when we might see these in game?

TW: The 2016 USF2000 cars are actually pretty much ready to go, we just have a little paperwork to tie up."

Cool :)