Sim Racing servo ffb systems : OSW & Bodnar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. sman

sman Registered

Hello is there anyone who can tell me the type off the kollmorgen servo thats used for OSW cuz there are several types with different specs but i cannot find the rght one

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

You wont believe it. I was scratching my head and not quite understanding the razorsim picture fully. Decided to have a go at the Bodner process. Pulled 6 out of 8 PCB solder pads off the PCB.
    I agree the instructions could be much better. But I am an idiot for not being patient enough to figure it out and ensure I had the right equipment to carry it out.
    I have gone cap in hand to fanatec asking for a price on a PCB after attempting some "preventative maintenance".
    At least the Bodner chip is undamaged. So far at least I wouldnt put it outside the realm of my capabilities to nuke that as well.

Meanwhile off to buy some really thin multicore solder wire.

3. cookie

cookie Registered

4. Led566

Led566 Registered

Maybe you don't need the MB replacement.
    Just solder the multiwire directly in the eight motherboard holes (solder in the opposite side, remove the MB completely from the wheel).
    If you don't make a short, it should work.

5. Led566

Led566 Registered

6. David O'Reilly

Ill ask some dumb questions here, sorry. Dont want to mess it up further.
    So are you saying that soldering to the 8 holes is effectively the same as soldering to the solder pads?
    (I have little clue but) it looks to me that the solder pads have other connections.
    If it is I am wondering why they didnt just ship a longer 8 pin connector with half its length to go in the Fanatec PCB and forget the tricky re solder onto the pads?

Fanatec are saying they wont sell me a PCB (they havent got one!!!!)

7. Led566

Led566 Registered

I've got an email from Bodnar assistance tolding me that.
    But I didn't try if it's really true because I've also ruined the Bodnar board.
    Sorry...

8. David O'Reilly

OK thanks for the info.

9. cookie

cookie Registered

10. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

11. cookie

cookie Registered

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Interesting :)

13. Katsushika Matsumoto

Katsushika Matsumoto Registered

These are the ones with the high resolution encoder (40.000 CPR or 10.000 PPR)

AKM52G-ANCNEJ00 - I use this one
    AKM53G-ANCNEJ00
    AKM54G-ANCNEJ00

Smoother but need higher Amps
    AKM52K-ANCNEJ00
    AKM53K-ANCNEJ00
    AKM54K-ANCNEJ00

14. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

15. cookie

cookie Registered

No I only used the Fanatec rim the rest is home made apart from the adapter hub, the electronics are from adafruit (Bluefruit EZ-Key & Pro Trinket to get my rotaries working )
    but as always there's a better board out now which I will switch to.
    http://www.u-hid.com/home/overview_bboard.php

16. fastbeat

fastbeat Registered

Hello guys,

as Tomo Meglic is one of the few to offer a ready-to-run OSW solution I want to give a short feedback on his services - which are nothing else but excellent!

I ordered a IONI HC Pro based set with the small MIGE (5000 ppr encoder) and the day my payment arrived the three boxes left his place. His set really is plug in and play - the only thing you need to add is a wheel. I opened the coolermaster case he used just by curiosity and the built quality I found was really great, just professional.

If I had done my homework and had set MMos properly it WOULD have worked immediately - but thanks to a short Teamviewer session and Tomo checking the settings it was up and running a short time later. Since then I have a big smile after each and every lap with Assetto Corsa on the Nordschleife...

To make it short: Tomos quality AND value for money is top-notch and I can only recommend him to everyone hesitating to built a kit by himself.

As Barry said in one of his OSW reviews: These are great times for sim racers!

Best

andre

17. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I bought my kit from Tomo too, Ioni HC + Mige10, great price for the kit which is pretty much plug and play, but also comes with assembly documentation and warranty too. I've met Tomo in person, great guy and will explain everything needed. My recommendations too for european guys looking for kits.

18. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

For someone who is interested in a bit more expensive stuff, there: www.reimer-motorsports.com
    is new kits with new Lenze motor models. I just ordered 29 Nm Lenze upgrade kit for my system.

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Guys, anyone had a chance to compare Lenze and Kollmorgen motors with similar characteristics (including encoder type and resolution) in rF2 or sims in general?

20. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

I can only agree with you. I too have a kit from tomo plus a rim from sam maxell customs, both of them are very professional