Sim Racing servo ffb systems : OSW & Bodnar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

he's had a few delays with bulk delivery on parts, no kits despatched in oct

hopefully he'll be dispatching this month ( to those next in list ), a while could be few weeks to 6 months ( total guess )

ps you may get an email back fairly quickly with your kit number on (where you are in queue)
    no payment taken until despatch

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

My order/shipping date from Ollie was Oct 4th or 5th (although I never recieved any order or kit #) and I haven't heard from him in a couple months or so as he's been real busy and delayed from what I heard so I have a feeling you'll be waiting at-least 2 or 3 months if you make an order now.

3. cookie

cookie Registered

thenic were are you located in Oz, Ben Darley does a very neat build I think it's about $400.00. iRacing forums and game $10usd - 3 months is pretty cheap when you're considering building a $2000.00 + wheel, you get all the info and help you need. Joe Sullivan does kits as well ( iRacing forums) not sure on international shipping though. I'm in the process of doing another build for a mate, and going to use Brett's small block motor probably not worth the extra $300 bucks.

4. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Hey I figured that the "Reply with quote/reply" doesn't work that great cause "the message needs to be approved by a moderator." So I use quick reply.

Msg for Adrianstealth/Spinelli; I got a response from Ollie:

"Hi Nick,

The Sim-ple for IONI board is still in development and a release date is yet to be set. I’ll provide updates on this once available.

Thanks for your interest in “Sim-ple for IONI”

Regards
    Ollie Aina"

I don't understand how sim-ple board can still be "in dev" when some customers already have theirs and the webpage has been the same for about a year.

Msg for cookie;

I'm located in Orange NSW. I'd be happy to pay $400 to Ben Darley or you. Better than me frying components and starting fires. I got no problem shipping parts locally. I did have a iRacing 3 month but I didn't renew. IF I'm going to renew I'll get a Yearly for half price if I can, that's why I'm asking about some contact method for Ben.

Question for all:

Should I get The IONI PRO board when it becomes available again for the sim-ple or just get IONI Pro and IONI 1X for the build?

5. cookie

cookie Registered

I think you can just use a different gmail address for iRacing and get the discount $10-3 month, best way to contacted Ben is through the iRacing forums. The “Sim-ple for IONI” had something wrong with it, Ollie had to make a temporary board and use the IONI 1X to get the kits out.
    If someone else is building the drive for you I would go with IONI Pro, IONI 1X and AnTek linear power-supply, the Sim-ple just makes the wiring simpler.
    ps I'll find Ben's number for you.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

darn I think Ollie might be holding onto existing orders until he's got his circuit sorted
    I'm pretty sure previous kits he supplied non custom parts ( due to sim-ple custom board not being ready )

maybe ask him if you can have the option as previous people ( who received their kits ) have had?

demand is high but then a full industrial servo system at those price levels I can understand why

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The SIM-ple replaces a bunch of other parts and also reduces external cabling requirements which sounds like allows for a simpler, less messy & convoluted build (while - and I'm totally guessing - possibly also reducing total latency due to less pieces and connections). If it still hasn't been released then the people that already have their OSW kits are using all the other components instead of the neater solution implemented by SIM-ple.

The following is what Ollie told me (paraphrased):

-----------------------------------------------

SIM-ple for IONI
    The SIM-ple for IONI replaces a lot of the parts you'd normally have to get like the IONICUBE, STM32F4Discovery, braking resistor, SMV2USB, etc. It also reduces the external cabling requirements. It (SIM-ple) is currently being validated, will start to be shipped in a couple weeks, and has a long waiting list as-well.

IONIZER
    Granite Devices make an external power stage product called "IONIZER". Ollie will be modifying it so that it can be used with the IONI. This will allow currents of ~30A at 48V DC which should be good enough to drive the Big MiGe to 30 Nm. It will not be ready in the short-term.

-----------------------------------------------

P.S. "IONI" refers to the IONI Pro, and that message was from around July or August 2015."

So basically, the people who currently have a pre-SIM-ple based OSW kit from Ollie are using the IONICUBE, STM32F4Discovery, braking resistor, SMV2USB, etc. as-well as more external cabling. Therefore the SIM-ple is not required; it just tidies-up and simplifies the build.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

@Spinelli, what did you eventually end up ordering, small or large MiGE?
    Was following the whole conversation but missed the decision point. :)

What is the current status of Ollie kit, is it shipping SIM-Ple already, what is the wait time.

Was trying to get in touch with him via email to place order to no avail, what is the trick to get his attention.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

Trying to make a decision on Large vs Small Mige, looking for some intel.
    What torque can Argon deliver to Large Mige?

10. cookie

cookie Registered

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

Thanks, I'll look into it, although at this point Argon is a builder choice, not mine.
    Do you know how far Argon at 19a can push Large Mige?

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

After reading more into it, sounds like Argon at 19A can only drive Large Mige to 22nm. Is that accurate?

13. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

After calculating the cost of a OSW build and current exchange rates, I'm going to stick with the trusty G27 for now. I still desire a Direct drive wheel, so I'm going to try and save the coins as much as I can. Sim-ply.city seems the best option for all the parts.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

IONI Cube 1x vs 4x. What are the advantages of more expensive 4x, if any?

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

The IONI Cube 4x motherboard is a more economical alternative to buying individual IONI Cube 1x motherboards if you plan on running more than one motor. The IONI Cube 4x motherboard is the same price as purchasing two IONI Cube 1x motherboards, designed so it's a little cheaper for those wanting to drive up to 3-4 motors. Not necessary for sim racing, intended for the CNC, 3d printer, etc, market that require multiple independently driven motors.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm getting confused. I thought part of the delay was issues with SIM-ple that have now been fixed...

Using a SIM-ple removes the use of the IONICUBE, STM32F4Discovery, braking resistor, SMV2USB, etc. as-well as some external cabling. Therefore you shouldn't have to buy all those parts if using a SIM-ple.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

I do not see Sim-Ple as available for ordering option.
    Yes, Ollie got his site running.
    http://sim-pli.city/

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Has anyone here gotten a hold of Ollie? I've been scheduled since the first week of July for an order date of Oct. 5. Obviously he had the delay - that's not a problem - and I heard he was swamped with emails so I understand if he didn't reply everyone back (I emailed him around my order date saying I have no problem waiting longer if he needs more time) but I also never got any of the emails he apparently very recently sent out to people regarding the delay period being over, the increased price, etc....I literally haven't heard a single thing from him since mid-August....I tried yet again sending him an email about 12 hours ago or so.... :confused: