Sim Racing servo ffb systems : OSW & Bodnar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm not sure on details, but whatever max torque you have the wheel set to, set the STC (steering torque capability) in your controller file to that number (eg. "21" [without the quotes] for 21 Nm).

2. Led566

Led566 Registered

I have a problem with my MMOs OSW and rF2 build 1008.
    I have a very high CPU occupation (Purple bar to 95-100%).
    Any mod any track.
    This means rF2 out of real time online and offline.

CPU bar go down to 40% when using keyboard instead of OSW.

Have already try "Skip update" to 1,2,3...10 with a just a little effect (Purple bar less than 5% lower)

Assetto corsa runs fine.

Any idea/suggestion?

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I know this'll sound like it can't be the solution but if your desperate enough, you'll give it a try.

Go into nvidia control panel, then manage 3d settings and then in global settings select "1" for the Maximum pre-rendered frames feature. It may not resolve your problem but then again it just might.

This was recommended to me by someone on the forums a few years back when i had the same cpu maxing out problem although not sure if the cause is the same as yours.

Here is a before and after from enabling "1" for Maximum pre-rendered frames feature in the NVCP for rf2.

[​IMG]

4. Led566

Led566 Registered

Even if I have an AMD I will give it a try, there should be something similar for AMD cards.
    TY

5. Led566

Led566 Registered

Seems there are a lot of SimX forums, which one is the right one?
    Could you please provide a link?

Thank You.

6. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Osw

Is there a url or link, email to this seller if so i would be interested in buying a kit for that much but it would be needed to be posted to Australia

7. Led566

Led566 Registered

8. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

9. cookie

cookie Registered

For more info on Ollie's kit the best bet is the iRacing forums $10 - 3 months, you need to watch the GST and import duty, I still think you're better of building your own it's not that hard, and you get better power supply( AnTek linear)

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Not sure if those guys sell sets but they sell at least some parts in Australia. Check.

11. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Is there an email or website so I can get in contact

12. cookie

cookie Registered

Email response from hybridracingsimulations

OK at this point in time we only supply the motors and cables for the DIY guys.

Electronic side of things is something we may look at down the track, but at the moment we would be overcommitting ourselves to supply these with our Motors.

Price for the small block motor which has a 25 Newton metre peak power output, and comes standard with a 20k resolution encoder fitted Twice the resolution of the MIGE, and 4k more resolution then a Lenze.

All packages include our unique billet aluminium side mount, and 5 metres of cable.

Total $899 + $20 shipping anywhere in Australia

13. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Is it just the motor and cables in the package?

14. cookie

cookie Registered

Just the motor, cables and mount. Here's a quote for the small MIGE from China

On 3 Nov 2015 7:36 am, "hzmgdjzhan" <hzmgdjzhan@gmail.com> wrote:

Nice day.

Thank you for your email.

The unit price of 130ST-M10010 and 1 set of 3 meters cables cost US$229.

The total weight of above goods is about 12.2kg and shipping to Australia US$123.

Paypal fee cost US$16.

Therefore, total cost US$368.

15. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

That's cheaper than hybridracingsimulations when you work it out. I wonder whats included in their packages that makes them cost more?

16. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Ok. Im thinking about buying all the parts myself. Dennis's kit while preasembled is expensive. €1399plus post. Hyper's is $900 just for motor, bracket, shaft clamp & cables.

I think im going to use Phil Berry's budget parts list. I've been wondering, do i have to do ANY soldering? Do the cables that come with the servo motors connect to motor and the OSW box or do i have to adapt them to fit or solder?

Is there someone in Australia that can possibly put the parts together for me or give help or guide me? I've bever attempted something like this before. I've built desktop pc's but everthing is pretty much already to go and i've done this more than enough times. This i've never done before.

17. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

At this stage I was contemplating buying a OSW box from Dennis Reimer but the exchange rate isn't too good, would cost about $2500 just for the Box. No cables or Motor.

Has anyone obtained "Ollies sim-ple Kit" or has more information about the product? The web page doesn't show much information, like an actual photo or release date. I have been checking for half the year now. I'm not a member of iRacing but can someone get in contact with Ollie and find out what's he up to? I have sent a PM to Beano, no reply. Sent a PM to Ben Darley on he's youtube page, does he have a email address or contact? I've read if you buy all the parts, Ben can put it together for you.

At this stage it looks like I'll go a small Mige motor with the IONI 1x cube with pro board but I'm waiting on Ollie's board as it "looks" simpler to use. I've never done any thing like this before so I'm affraid. I need BIG help and guidance.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

thenic

email Ollie : info@sim-pli.city
    -tell him you want to order small Mige kit ( let us know when you get a reply )
    over 50 people have received their kits my pal is in the next batch

he may be a while getting back to you, there's a few waiting for delivery notification maybe few months waiting list

19. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

PM me with price if you don't mind please

20. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

adrianstealth

OK will do. What do you mean about "a while" ?