Sim Racing servo ffb systems : OSW & Bodnar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Joe

Joe Registered

To me, the 20Nm motor meant to holding torque = 10 Nm and peak at 20Nm. One cannot hold that motor at 20Nm. Otherwise it will burn.
    For a 30Nm motor, the holding torque maybe ~20Nm. Key point is that you need high dynamic range torque to get realistic feel. that says you can dial the motor low say to 10Nm in mean, then you have 3x dynamic range to cover the transient peaks.
    By the way, the 30 Nm transient torque burst would not hurt you though. It produces little energy since the burst duration is so short. But those sparks give you all the inner details.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

no snide , I thanked him for the graph,
    if possible more blue graphs , or anything blue for that matter

cheers

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

here....knock yourself out.

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi guys...totally new to this but my mate is setting his OSW to use it with rF2...Any quick setting link can be shared?

Sorry my lazy butt to read over the thread :p

Thanks in advance guysss!

5. Bruno Siqueira

Bruno Siqueira Registered

My osw loses the power (disconect) in some heavy spins, it happens to someone?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  6. cookie

cookie Registered

Hey Bruno, never had that happen, does it throw a fault in Granity over voltage or under voltage? if it's under voltage lower the FUV to 30 volts.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

apparently earthing is a big topic right now with OSW's ( ffb disconnects ) , if your losing ffb maybe give this a check

( the outer foil in USB connection ---daisy chain this to wheel rim/QR etc )
    I did have this problem once with a custom steering wheel a while back, intermittent problems are the worse yet usually down to something simple like this

8. Bruno Siqueira

9. Bruno Siqueira

sorry Adrian, I do not quite understand your suggestions, I would like explain myself better? thank you

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi,

it may not be the problem but very easy to check ( & do if it's not already )
    there are 4 wires in the USB cable + 1 for earth/ground ( the earth/ground is the surrounding wires/foil )

check that this is used, if it is not simply connecting it to your osw Earth point(s) / case / & if your steering wheel has electronics on it make sure this is earthed too ( using USB cable to wheel )

it's a simple thing that gets over looked, intermittent controller disconnects ( & loss of ffb etc ) is usually the result

I know these problems can be frustrating, good luck

p.s ive not built my osw yet so I'm not yet familiar with those setting screens but if you can gain access to the Iracing forum there's a load of osw users that will help you for sure

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Bruno

apparently some are having problems that also use an asus motherboard too

13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Bruno Siqueira, is it just ffb ýou loose or steering input also? I loose only ffb but still can steer the car.

14. Bruno Siqueira

I loose just FFB, i can steer car...

15. Bruno Siqueira

my motherboard is MSI Z97-G45

16. Bruno Siqueira

Now i undestand :) i go try this!

17. cookie

cookie Registered

That probably means it's not a usb fault, more likely a over/under voltage or the braking resistor, but i'm not familiar with the argon configurations only IONI. Best bet iRacing forums for more info.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I see your logic cookie, but I can confirm that strangly non grounding knocked out force feed from the PC only
    ( positional feed to the PC remained ) , not a total switch USB connection off ( in my case )

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hi DrR1 and Adrianstealth, I saw you guys talking about my concerns and questions a couple pages back. Sorry I didn't reply, I haven't really checked this thread lately.

What I'd like to ask is, what happened to those guys that posted in here about their own all-in-one system that they said would come with higher quality motors than the MiGes? I was told around Oct 5th would be my date to pay/ship for my all-in-one MiGe setup, but if these guys have a superior product for the same-ish price, or an equal product for less, than I'd obviously rather buy off them...Do you guys know who I'm talking about? I just saw their post about a month or so back...

20. Led566

Led566 Registered

Don't know about "quality", but take a look here at the "real" forces measured with Argon + "small" MIGE:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_v4NspCnMOPX09Ib2tyV0FDSDA/view?usp=sharing
    [image taken from virtualracing.org, you need to be logged in to see the original]

IONI-Pro is able to output up to 18A PoS.
    Converts to more than 27 Nm transient.
    I've limited mine to 15A, still more than 24 Nm.