Atlanta Motorsports Park v1.0 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 30, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am sorry that you find it laughable. I am sorry that every piece of content released has bugs or flaws discovered withing 5 or 10 minutes of its release. In this case, I did nothing--just load the track using YOUR "Random Daytime" start time feature that I have been using since the beginning of rF2. For the first time, it is dark. A small error, but if you bothered to pay more attention to these sorts of user interface and usability issues, rF2 would have 20 times the sales it does now. Far inferior products already do. It appears that a much larger range of basic user pre-release testing would help. You know there are dozens of people on this forum who would gladly volunteer to help with this very basic function at no cost to ISI.

The otherwise superb quality of AMP is tarnished by this sort of experience. rF2 is full of them. It is the best consumer racing sim out there, but it is also the most frustrating, inconsistent, user-unfriendly sim out there. Your response and attitude suggests that you don't make the connection between sales and usability. I don't need to list you all the technically superior products that have failed over the years due to these sorts of issues. I would sincerely like rF2 and ISI to be as successful as possible.

The one hour change isn't a big deal. I can just hit restart weekend when my monitor looks too dark to drive and I will get a new random time most likely not in the dark. You could also respond in an appropriate manner and acknowledge that a small mistake was made when it will be fixed. Or is there an .JSON file somewhere that I (and thousands of other users) can go manually edit the earliest start time for Random Daytime start to 9 am and solve the problem that way? Sadly, that's usually the preferred method for these sorts of issues.

You could also talk to your colleagues and express your understandable frustration that every new release or tidbit of information is greeted with a barrage of requests and "complaints" and that you might collectively want to organize communications in a way to redress that situation. Right now, the collective effort often enflames it for reasons I already mentioned above.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Circuit detail - "high" instead of "full"
    Shadows - "high" instead of "full"
    Anisotropic filtering - 8x instead of 16x
    Shadow blur - "fast" instead of "quality"

Bam! You just got a big chunk of framerates while the game looks just about identical as before (except from an external cam [3rd person, replays, etc.] where you'll notice the "fast" shadow blur instead of "quality").

Check the link in my sig ("framerate boost hardly IQ drop" or whatever it's called).

3. redapg

redapg Registered

I have one question on this.
    I have, don't matters if it is in the launchers settings or in game, also 4 options.
    But these are, with german language:
    Keine (none)
    Stufe1
    Stufe2
    Stufe3

Where have you got level4 from?
    I don't have that option.

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I have 0-8 to choose with, a friend 0-4

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Can it be that it depends on the graphic-card?
    I have a radeon HD 5800 (and just "a few" performance problems :D)

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i have a gtx 970 on an i7. i get about a 1.5 fps drop on the start pit straight.

Rf2 obviously demands more from the physics ai etc, than other sims.. So yeah maybe gfx are being sacrificed. But still rf2 still has its moments that looks stunning. Its just not pcars stunning. But hell who cares about that,!!

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you ISI for this track !!

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have a 970 and I also have 4 to choose from. On the 680 I had 8.

9. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Finally got a chance to drive this last night - it's epic!. Thank you ISI!

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Roller coaster is a great description. To me it's a mix between Barber and Mont Tremblant. Really enjoying it.

11. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

all simulator has bugs do not know why only speak of RF2 , has simulator that allows the car to get inside the other in the box and not touching kkkkk

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Geeez, this track and the Spec Miata really just showed me how bad as a driver a really am. :eek:
    Oh well, more laps I guess.

Fantastic work BTW!

This guy is nuts!

13. tjc

tjc Registered

lol...

That video also shows how good a job the team made of this track. It looks absolutely spot on. :cool:

:)

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Time zone seems to be one hour wrong indeed, it should be -4 UTC during DST and now it's -3 with DST applied, but when you have a million parameters in building a track, such bug doesn't seem very big to me. Anyway, why would you use random daytime if you want consistent lighting? There are defaults set for this track which are 12 PM for practise and 3 PM for race. The 9 AM starting time is very dark on many tracks, I doubt any non-endurance racing is done at such times.

15. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Not being a postFX lovers doens't mean that game can't have that. Some people including myself miss other effects ingame that could be in settings to switch on or off. In my pov when we are delivering something to someone else we should make sure that the product have what you we like but what people who's going to buy it like too...

My hope as not gone yet :p

But regarding the track as I said before its one of the most if not the most beautifull track produced by you guys ;) congrats

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I get my post effects from Log Analyzer :p

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Why would I want consistent lighting? The whole point of a dynamic lighting system is to be able to enjoy the track at non-standard times. It's a simple fix and yes, probably this is not the only track with a DST issue. If all we needed was noon and 2/3 pm race start, ISI wouldn't needed to have bothered doing (very expensive in terms of time and resources) dynamic lighting.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Difficult and dangerous to drive, very likely the real track should be. Very impressed with the surrounding topographical details. Lovely track.

20. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

What a great track! Thank you ISI. Driving it with the skippy as someone suggested: fabulous.