Atlanta Motorsports Park v1.0 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 30, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Funny, Cosimo. I fully planned on doing this combo but T280 was already selected so I thought "why not?" :p

Skippy's next though! :D

Edit - Whoa...got SPANKED by AI at 99% with Skippy :eek: Good problem to have though! LOTS of room for improvement ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  2. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Great track! Really... It's an amazing track with all those elevation change :) remember me a bit Oulton park but with a way more smooth surface.

One thing, reading about the transparency AA, does XPAA and transparency AA mean the same setting?! I tried to search but the only thing I found was a NASA antenna arrey :)

3. Promag

Promag Registered

Just took the cobra around AMP, Holy Cow. LOl. It just doens't get any better than that. Try it I dare ya.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

no, bc that would be stupid.

:D

5. yifter

yifter Registered

thx, ISI awesome!

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

On what date is it dark at 8 am in Georgia? I use random daytime start time for practice and my first foray on to the track was in the dark! Something is out of whack a bit.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think they based the season on March/April, though not sure... You should have had a sunrise at about 8am.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/atlanta?month=4&year=2014

edit - misread

They could not base the season on when I surveyed. The trees looked a bit crappy with less leaves on them. :)

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

RaceDate = August 10, 2014 // default date for the race
    TimezoneRelativeGMT = -4.0 // hours compared to Greenwich Mean Time (should be negative to the West)
    DSTRange=(67.0, 305.0, 0, 9999) // (start day 1.0-367.0, end day 1.0-367.0, start year, end year); multiple lines allowed

Time zones correct? Can't think right now... lol

*Sorry, should have looked at that site for 3 seconds longer... yep, timezone looks correct.

Not sure if that RaceDate gets used? I guess something must be... certainly is quite dark at 8am, but I haven't been to Atlanta :) (think the latest sunrise we get where I am is 6:40 or so... so all alien to me...)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Time should maybe be -5 I think.

August 10th was sunrise 7am, sunset 8:30pm. If that timezone is wrong, we have sunrise 8am, sunset 9:30pm?

So yeah, we might be an hour out. http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/atlanta?month=8&year=2014

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, you're right. Currently at -4, so should be -5 with DST on.

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I'd say so. "X" sometimes stands for "trans", as in "Tx" = Transmission (i.e. Broadcast). X & P can be Trans & Parency. Similarly but slightly differently, X-trainer shoes are cross-trainer shoes.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That explains it!

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Team ISI, track looks stunningly beautiful from the shots & videos. My wi-fi sucks so can't see in game for myself yet, hopefully next week!

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Really NiCE :cool:

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

For a double dosing of Transpareny AA, try enabling Transparency AA in your Nvidia graphics card control panel as well as the one in your RF2 json file. Select "multisample" rather than any of the supersampling options though or the framerate will take a hit. I compared ingame pics; pairing the Nvidia multisample transparency AA with ISI's (json file) ever so slightly increased the image quality a touch. It also made literally no difference to my framerates, not the slightest.

I haven't tried the track yet, but the vids look great. I can't believe I didn't know about this track in real life. I've heard of "Atlanta Motorsports Park" but I thought it was just one of the usual U.S. tracks that's been around for a while. How wrong I was. This layout looks amazing, wow.

P.S. Thank you, ISI, for the kart tracks. I'm a huge fan of multiple layouts, and an even bigger fan of RF2's karting experience in general (almost like an entire game on it's own)! Thank you so much! I still am stuck lapping Quebec (so amazing)! Let alone Mountain Peak! Nevermind AMP! Lol! The karting is just that good and deep.

16. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Amazing track and I think it looks great, and I have no problem with the vegetation....but why is it so dark? It's much much darker than almost all other tracks I have in my install.

This is at noon (I tried all times, this was the brightest), clear weather, with an unmodified player json. Almost everything turned up to maximum, like I said I think it looks great, it's just the lighting is incredibly flat and dim like it's set to dusk, but it's set to noon. It matches everyone elses screenshots in here brightness wise so It's not just me. I also tested with open wheelers just in case it was the car windshield dimming it.

Here's what all the other tracks look like:

[​IMG]

Here's what AMP looks like:

[​IMG]

It doesn't look bad for a dusk setting, but this is the brightest, midday, sun in your face on a clear day I can get it. Here's a quick rgb curve adjustment to brighten it back up, this could be done much much better by an actual lighting change in the game and not just some color correction on a flat image but you get the idea:

[​IMG]

Just for reference here's the track in real life in the evening, on an overcast day. You can see pretty clearly even this is MUCH brighter than the rf2 version set to midday brightest sun possible. Note in the rf2 screenshot the grass is a totally flat dark green. It's definitely not a problem with the rf2 engine because almost all other tracks can recreate this mid day lighting very well

[​IMG]

I do post production color work in film, and I was wondering....is the track team/whoever is doing the lighting working on calibrated monitors in a known color space (like srgb)? Or are they using just whatever and hoping it comes out ok enough? Most monitors are set incredibly inaccurately bright stock, if the track team is working on such a setup then almost anything is going to look bright enough - then when it gets pushed out to systems adjusted properly it's going to be quite dim. Most all game studios I've done calibration work for work in srgb at around 120 cd/m2 (max brightness the spec calls for, and the brightness everything is done at for this spec, movies, photography/print work, etc), it doesn't take a particularly fancy/expensive monitor to be able to cover it accurately, and a cheap colorimeter for calibration can be had for $100. Anyway I'm rambling. Don't mean to complain! Track looks great. I know I'm probably nitpicking and I apologize! I'm just a nerd

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you missed the earlier posts, the track's timezone is off by an hour. So a noon comparison would need 1pm at AMP. Not sure it would make much difference.

18. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Thanks for the reply Lazza. I tried from 9am to 4pm hoping it would help and the posted screenshot is the brightest result I could get (I think it might have been 12:30 or 1)

19. Promag

Promag Registered

+1

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Have you tried removing the clouds?