Wish to all Vehicle Modders - Pitcrew in rFactor2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GauchoRS, May 29, 2015.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

is there a way to edit/replace some files in the vehicle mod itself. I have an F1 mod 2015 which automatically has pitcrew. So what I am asking if there is a way to import pitcrew files in a mod which does not have pit crew?

2. jefcam

jefcam Registered

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

redapg is going to be busy visiting everyone's pc to get it working :)

Love to find out what he did

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe you can help finding it out Nibiru. :)

Can you try to run the Launcher "as Administrator", with mouse-rightclick on the Launchers shortcut and selecting that option then, and see if that makes it working at your side.
    But be sure that the ..\Core\Scripts and also the ..\Installed\Scripts\Scripts\1.0 folder with content are present.

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

i got it working first go like the screen i put up all i can say is i zipped up the contents in the Core /Script folder then deleted them straight to recycle bin i then noticed the scripts rfcmp was saying installed on the launcher even though i hadn't installed it yet, i highlighted it uninstalled then re-installed it, I got the error when loading so i extracted the zip file in the core/scripts , and it worked

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I will try when I get home from work. I'll also try Richo's steps

7. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

This worked for me!!!

It may have been working before but when I tested I didn't do a lap. I just sat in garage and selected pit stop only to see red box. I did that this time as well and only saw red box. It was not until I left pit selected pit stop and went around the track and straight back into pit that it's working.

Thanks redapg

8. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I've been testing again the issue. I think that 'run as administrator' has nothing to do with the issue. As Nibiru said you cant stay in the pit and press 'request pit', it does not work. You have to do a whole lap.

However I still have to do further testing when your are driving and then press 'request pit'. When I request pit even when driving it seems not working. Request pit button is important as this reduces the time in pits.

Can anyone confirm testing with request pits?

9. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Interesting I don't have scripts folder in my Core folder but have it in the stalled folder........ actually I have 2 installs on this pc and the second does have the scripts folder inside Core.........will try that install and c if it works. Tried em both with no luck :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I tried it on one of my servers and I couldn't get it to work online

11. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Ok got it to work but like Nibiru said worked offline but not online............unless its the track as I went out on an offline track and it didn't work again................

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Unfortunately i can't test it online, because i don't have access to our community-servers, currently.
    And i, of course, have no clue how it is programmed in the code, so i would need to play around a bit.

The easiest way would be, if ISI would change it in that way, that the first choice always is the Installed folder, and only if e.g. no Scripts installation is present there, to take the one from the Core folder.

13. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I have had it working online, but cannot remember how I did it, all i remember was, i sent files to all those that joined, also when pressing race, then requesting pit, you could see pit crew without doing a lap, we were all able to see pit crew immediately, didnt have to do a lap

14. jefcam

jefcam Registered

15. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Share pls LOL! and does it work online????

16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Its a package update to the formula2 car by ISI. I think it works online but other drivers and server must install the patch as well, otherwise a mismatch error will arise. What i mean you cannot update formula 2 to new version and go join a server with previous version. You get what i mean?

Would I be violating any copyright issues as this Pit Crew was taken from an F1 2015 mod?

17. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Its possible to attach a pit crew to a car which work online for everybody. No worries the driver has normally only his pit crew activated.
    It is also possible to customize the pit crew. But none of the driver made use of it here.

https://youtu.be/DgFJtYe9c5w?t=5727

18. jefcam

jefcam Registered

yes its possible. You can either put files in original mod or else create a patch to update original mod. They work online. But all drivers + server must use the same mod version.

I just passed two pitcrew versions from rFactor1 to redapg for convertion to rfactor2.

Images from rFactor1:

View attachment 17690

View attachment 17691

19. jefcam

jefcam Registered

At the moment we have 5 different pitcrews for rFactor2 from rFactor1. Will try to get permission to distribute.

20. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

That would be awesome as these stupid arrows both look "arcade'ish" which is an odd choice for a SIM, and they are very difficult to see aginst some backgrounds.