Wish to all Vehicle Modders - Pitcrew in rFactor2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GauchoRS, May 29, 2015.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

didnt it end up dissapearing tho? we just dropped the pits masfile from devmode/ shared folder and put it in the core/shared folder

2. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

yep, but I also did something else as well, cant remember

3. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

i think it ha to do with, commonmaps dev mode , is different to commonmaps GAME mode.....think the answer is in there somewhere, from memory

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

rings a bell, think we even made reference to the pits mas in the scn for "the track"

guess the point is, which is was ages ago ,that it could easily be more affective to pit with the pitcrew in moddev that what is currently there but we still dont have it
    even after the endless amount of complaints.

ps the back of the curbs at sandown launch the megane (its all i have driven on it) suggest just to "round' the back edge a bit,

5. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

i have pit gmt, and the animation, working in 3dsim.....but have tried ti replace start/grid box with it....works great, but cant find where to put in core folder, as since build 342...mas file are locked, early mas files were not...and I dont have a copy of rf2 lite pre build 342

6. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

needs a lot more work, I know...still working on Bathurst...9 months so far, and only half way finished...lol

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Yeah wasn't sure what you where working on atm ...I aint done shyte for about 6 months and arent in hurry to get back to it.. lol

8. redapg

redapg Registered

I also played around with it and found out, that if you create a rfcmp with an own Pitcrew, call it "Scripts" and install it,
    the ..\Core\Scripts files get deleted and the game don't starts anymore because this core component is missed.

But if i simply put my files into the ..\Installed\Scripts folder, it shows up in the game and replaces the original one.

If you want, try it out. Just extract the ZIP file into your rFactor main folder. BTW, i took the DevMode Pitcrew for this test.

DOWNLOAD

I currently didn't continue investigating, e.g. about how to assign it to a car/mod, but will i come back to it.

9. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I just extracted your folders in Installed and nothing happened, the red flashing pit crew remained. Am I doing something wrong?

10. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

thats all you get, has a 1.0d script error, there is a lot more to do, editing mas files etc
    but has been over 18 months since I did it, I did post video and how to do it here in the rf2 forums, but cant remember where...was a long time ago

11. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

8) Less and less 3D modellers... And less modding team.

Before asking that kind of thing, we need to ask why there are less big mod (of 5-6 cars or more)...
    I count 3 teams : Enduracers and ASR Open Wheel Classic, Apex..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

14. redapg

redapg Registered

You have to extract it into the rFactor2 installation folder. The subfolders are included.

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

View attachment 17548

I did that... see the files and path. it does not work, I still have the red lines.

16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

so it is possible to extract these 4 files and put them in another vechicle mod and work. I've tried it but no luck. I extracted the 4 files you mentioned from the F1 2015 mod and placed in other mods. It did not work. Maybe I did something wrong.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

That's strange, because here it works as described. See the Screenshot (taken in game not in DevMode :)):

[​IMG]

18. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

show off :)

19. redapg

redapg Registered

Showing off it would have been, if I had shown 20 crew-members waiting for me. :D

20. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

i think the script file has to be created for the individual instal, using your script file works for you, but not anyone else, from memory thats what we need to do, but I cannot remember how to do it, did it 18 mths ago, got the same result, full working pit crew, in single player, and I even hosted a game and those that joined also had pit crew,