MOTEC glass texture does nothing in the C6R

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Panigale, May 29, 2015.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I've been sitting on the fence letting rF2 mature and I'm just getting into some light modding. Two big issues with the C6R.

First the non existent windows inside which is a shame. The alpha channel on their "in" window frame is pure black so figured I'd fix that and be set but nope. Flat out doesn't work. Sent a support email and posted in the bug thread and no response of any kind.

Second, the motec glass dds for the C6R does nothing. I rebuilt it with my own texture and there is nothing there. My alpha channel is far from black (I've made new covers for the headlights and rebuilt the outside windshield) yet nothing is in front of the display.

I'm posting here hoping someone knows of a workaround, maybe I can lift the one from the camaro but that is a bit beyond my skill set at the moment.

Pic of the updated display below.

@ISI, how many releases of a mod are needed so this basic stuff is working? I get the indie dev thing but this isn't the first or second release of the C6R. If you need some test volunteers I'd be happy to help.

View attachment 16801

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

1. I can see the glass on the inside. You can see reflections and dirt, so I don't know what your issue is.
    2. Motec glass, I don't know what that is. It doesn't look like there is any glass in front of the motec, maybe it's just a texture left in by accident.

3. Panigale

Panigale Banned

#1. No kidding. But it is barely there but that isn't my point. If you change the windshield_in nothing happens. Try it first then comment, usually works better. Want a tint banner? I do but can't have it. You don't know what the issue is because you didn't bother trying to test it yourself.
    #2. There is a motec glass texture in the mas file. The reason you want a transparent texture in front is for some depth and reflection. It should work as the real display has a cover on it, as most do. It doesn't and that is the problem. The C6R has been released now multiple times, been out for years, and still simple stuff isn't working. Disappointing...

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

windshield_in this is not for the motec glass becase this is for the windows actually used from inside view, im not sure if the C6r actually has them.
    The second thing is, motec doesnt allways have glass over the display becase it would give reflections and driver wouldnt be able to see whats going on. there is one glass in C6r but its for the mirror LCD.

Here some pics of old motec and none has glass on top of it
    http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/hrgruppealbum/media/c297b82a.jpg.html

http://s122.photobucket.com/user/vlocit/media/CDS18022CDL3ClubDashLogger-MOD.jpg.html

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Did you even read my post? Windshield_IN is one issue, the motec glass is the second. Do you really think I'm modifying windshield_in thinking it is the motec cover? LOL.

And no Alless, the reflections wouldn't block being able to see otherwise gauges would all be unreadable. And it looks like the Camaro motec has a working glass texture. Have you ever held a motec display? It isn't an uncovered piece of display material, it has a cover, just like any gauge digital or analog since...

6. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

ISI C6R doesn't have an Motec cover glass mesh, so the motec glass texture is obviously a leftover from some alfa version imho, and can't do anything to the motec appearance.

7. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Thank you Petra, that is more in line with the kind of response I was expecting. I'm not advanced enough to know where to check for a wire mesh on the motec display, I generally pull textures from the mas and make changes where I see need for it. Sloppy from ISI that the C6R is released with textures included that don't have a purpose but not a huge deal.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback and for the confirmation!