Dallara DW12 Indy car v1.63 (newly updated) Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 26, 2015.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

:D
    Yes, i understand the problematic.
    Just hope the guys take a closer look to this problem one fine day, but ATM they must be very busy with tyremodel stuff i assume. Which is also on top of my own list. ;)

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hopefully existing Outputs are not broken, then...Please don`t break our Tools again, like TrackMap etc... :)

3. boxer

boxer Registered

4. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Thanks a lot boxer!

I wonder how the laptimes developed for you guys with this new version.
    With V1.50 I drove a 1:10.xxx at Indy 2014 GP with the Primary tyre and preset light rubber.
    Now with V1.63 I only reach 1:13.xxx with the primary tyre and 1:12.xxx with the alternate tyre.
    And now the AI (100%) is also faster than me, with V1.5 I was about 1.5 secs faster than the AI.

Did you also "slow down" with the new version?

5. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Old car was too fast to begin with. Looking at the change log, you can see that they didn't have the driver in the car so there is some lost time right there automatically.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Some of us would do 1:08.0s on them and the AI would be too far back. Night and day.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

I tried this car briefly, and I decided that is very well done. How I know after so little time? Easy, for the first time I told myself : put down this car, you are not ready to drive it how it should be driven, have some fun with palatov. Other than this, as an european, despite countless hours playing Indy500 on amiga, I'm not a lover of oval racing, but decided to try the car in his right environment, and understood that one would really like to race those 4 turns for two hundred times straight. In short, a demanding and rewarding car, how it is supposed to be a car so fast and powerful.

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yup. ISI must have overlooked smoothing groups on some polygons. Happens all the time if you do things manually and ISI does a lot manually.

9. Nelson

Nelson Registered

I deleted the shaders folder and installed the latest version when it came out some days ago. It's gone now. Anyway, thanks, Michael.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Late to the party. I have just been able to try the new DW12, and I like it. More challenging to drive but accessible to most of us, with Boxer and Michael Peters' skinpack it is a treat, even with a toy wheel (G27).
    Waiting for the ride height logging to be solved before investing more time with setups.
    Thanks ISI, the sim is really improving lately.

11. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

I have to agree with Lgel: Since a year or two it's really improving fast!!! And by the way: With no other sim the differences after upgrading my wheel (DFP -> G27 -> T300) or pedals (DfP -> G27 -> ClubsportV2) were as big as here, with the T300 I can totally get the formula1-car under control, when I'm losing my back tires, wasn't able to do that with the G27 (also used up the tires too fast until I got the Clubsport pedals).

I like the Indycar, it's demanding but very well controllable, but here's the question:

Is the feedback intentionally that weak? Is that how the car behaves in reality? The thing is: Somehow I'm able to control it (What I love about your cars is: I don't even know what feedback I'm reacting to, I just do and it works, other than for example with AC, where I can easily name the FFB-actions I'm reacting to), but it seems very VERY weak, also compared to the old Indycar(and other cars of course)

I use a T300, everything is on 100% and the car multiplier is on 1.00. Yes, I could just increase the car multiplier, but I want realism, so if it's this way in reality, I wilöl not change it!

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

There has been a lenghty discussion on this subject elsewhere on the forum.

To make short your steering wheel cannot reproduce the range of forces the real car has (dynamic range). You can slighlty increase caster (on the road course version at least) to feel more weight in your steering.

Cheers.

P.S. With my G27 I can drive fine every car (FISI, C6R, and Cobra) to name a few. Many top drivers are still winning championships with a G25 nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
  13. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

What's caster?

Well, I also remember winning one in rfactor1 with a DFP against Clubsports and G25/27s, but I was really able to spot the difference with the T300, depending on the sim, in AC for example there was no real difference between the G27 and the T300, in rf2 it was heavy(a little bit in the lap time, but very much in the lasting of the tires.). Also it's just more fun.

14. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Oh, and what really helped me with the Formula cars was deleting the .pson-file, as the rf2-facebook-page said, because after that, the steering-delay I had before just disappeared, that might've also something to do with the increased control on the cars compared to the G27, still I have definitely more control over the cars, also in games like GSCE. Still, pedals are way more important than steering wheels. But I don't wanna get off topic here.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

16. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Thanks, I'll try it!

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No, it shouldn't intentionally be that weak. Change the caster from the default 6 degrees to 9 or even higher. Problem solved.

You could read pages and pages of blather about the various implications and realism of this, or, just enjoy the delicious FFB of this extremely awesome car in rF2.

Do not change global settings that affect other cars if the FFB on them is already OK.

18. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Thanks again :)

I agree, there are so many different FFB-approaches in sim-racing, I personally like them all, no matter if it's rf2, PCars, AC, GSC(Still incredible what they did with the old rf-engine). The old Indycar already was my overall favorite formula-car in all racing-sims, the new one is even better!(after changing the caster).

Also I personally hope, that the rf2-engine at some point will be adapted from somebody like Reiza, would be interesting to see what they'd do with it.

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Marc,

In my case, with a G27 7º caster is enough (just passing from 6 to 7 of caster, so it's not a big deal).
    So, once more, your mileage may vary.

Cheers.

20. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I just did a longer practice run at Sao Paolo for the first time in the 1.63 Dallara, and oh boy is that one nice car to drive! Very well done in pretty much all aspects, enjoyable with the AI (in the dry at least...) as well.

For me, the steering at default setting felt quiet dead as well, so i first went to FFB 1.20. That did only part of the solution though, so i went for 8 degs of caster, but reducing camber at the same time (to -2.5 i guess), plus a few things to make it better on turn-in. Now i am very happy with the feedback as well, even wet racing is stunning now (only the AI sucks...).

I may even try some ovals for the first time... :D

Thanks ISI!!!