Rfactor2 with Accuforce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by c2scanada, May 25, 2015.

1. c2scanada

c2scanada Registered

Rfactor2 with Accuforce - Steering is not recognized

System: Windows 8.1

Gear:

Accuforce Wheel using Simcommander 4.X- Latest version
    Fanatec Pedals and Shifter

Number of devices connected via USB - Steering Wheel, Shifter, Pedals, Mouse and Keyboard, Sound Card and Fan (6)

What works:
    Pedals
    Buttons on Accuforce

Issue:
    Steering wheel not recognized
    Buttons on the wheel work
    Pedals work - Clutch Brake and Gas

Rfactor2 Setup Menu does not have a selection for Accuforce. My old device on the setup menu is there which my club sport V2

Suggestions/Options?

Reinstall?
    Config file?

Thank you in advance

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I don't have an Accuforce but as no-one has replied yet....
    lets start with the obvious, Is the USB plugged directly into the Motherboard? Have you hit the 'Detect' button? Have you tried manually assigning the axis 'Steer Left' (or right) in the right hand side of the controls menu and rotating the wheel?

3. cookie

cookie Registered

Not sure about windows 8.1 but in windows 7 A/f wheel is Device Name 4":"6 axis 48 button device" (Accuforce) it has no profile in rFactor, you have to make your own, also you need to reverse ffb effects in the controller JSON "Steering effects strength#":"+10000 to -10000 or you could use the T500RS profile. rfactor will not recognize degrees of rotation of the AccuForce Wheel you have to set that in Sim Commander degree of rotation slider for each profile separately under Device Settings.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  4. c2scanada

c2scanada Registered

Thank you cookie
    Used a JSON file from Paul Loatman via Simexperience forum

5. cookie

cookie Registered

I haven't tried Pauls set up yet must do one day,I just use foundation FFB and no game ffb, turn off Inertia Game FFB smoothing and Friction and dampening, and add front suspension.

6. Norseman

Norseman Registered

Sorry for starting back up an old forum post, but I've looked all over the forums here to see if anyone's had the same issue I'm having... Couldn't even find the answer in 50 page thread dedicated to rF2 FFB settings...

Anyway, I've been working on a friend's simulator which has a brand new AccuForce, and the FFB is reversed. I've already done the required steps to fix the controller.json... And I did select "detect" first, and that created an AccuForce controller.json (I forget the actual name it gave it), and then I went to the that same controller.json and set it to -10000, but its still reversed. I'm really surprised that ISI does not provide the ability to reverse the FFB right in the controller settings, since that has been so commonly provided in most high quality sims for several years now.

7. Norseman

Norseman Registered

No, I made sure of all that too. Still won't change the reversed FFB. I even closed SimCommander4 and restarted it too.

8. cookie

cookie Registered

Just use the T500RS profile it has the reversed FFB