Temporary Boost, Launch Control and Speed limiter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Savage, May 21, 2015.

1. Savage

Savage Registered

Hello guys,

I am new to RF2 and RF series in general, so can anybody explain me what do the following functions mean:

Temporary Boost - ECU mapping that rises turbo charger pressure (something like DRS, KERS etc. - gives extra HP and speed for the car temporary);
    Launch Control - ability to do a standing start at high revs without spinning;
    Speed limiter - limits the engine power on the pit lane;

I am mapping all these keys to my wheel buttons, but whenever I try to use them I get messages "Launch Control is not installed on this car" etc.

Can anyone explain me how can I get these devices working and in which cars do they work? Thanks.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

That's expected behaviour. Pit limiter only exists on those cars that have it in real life. Same with LC and temp boost. LC you would find on certain F1 mods I think, such as FSR mod, but it was banned from real F1 since 2005 something. Temporary boost I don't think has support in any mod at moment, because you cannot limit it to XX seconds per lap is why it's not used probably.

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

try the corvettes for launch control. i havent yet in rf2, but i do know it exists in the rf1 version.

4. Savage

Savage Registered

Thank you. Speed limiter also works on Nissan GTR.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think the GP79 mod has boost in the Renault's.

6. Justy

Justy Registered

Incidentally, DRS is controlled via the "rear flap" controller assignment. Used on Formula Renault 3.5 2014 and FISI/Marussia cars. ;)

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Expect temporary boost in any indycar mods soon to be released. Also Navigators 2015F1 beta had adjustable turbo. URD's 3rd party T5 (DTM) have DRS as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015