Steering wheel rotation, Vehicle set problem.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Juppo126, May 19, 2015.

1. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

Simply the vehicle set option does nothing for me. If I set 900° rotation from the profiler and tick the vehicle set option it doesn't change the rotation of the physical wheel (e.g. the indycar should have 540° but it stays at 900°).

I have checked the 'let the game adjust settings' box from the logitech profiler before anyone asks. I tried to delete my controller.ini and plr files so it doesn't seem to be any setting that I've changed that causes this. I tried to create a new wheel profile for rF2, did nothing. I'm pretty much out of options, I did some forum searching and I found couple of other threads about the same problem, only one found a solution and that was that he ran the game as admin and that cause the problem for some reason, I'm not running my game as an admin (I knew it but I still checked).

The weirdest thing is that I only have this problem with rF2, iRacing and AC has similar settings and they both work fine. So far I've just used 450° for every car to put up with it.

I have Logitech G27, Win 8, I'm running the latest build 946

So does anyone else have this problem or suggestions what I could try to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

So did you try running as admin?

3. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

yeah I tried but It did nothing. I actually worded that a bit weirdly it seems... he ran the game as admin and that was causing the problem not vice versa.

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

The Logitech profiler is open when you launch rF2?

Also, check if for any reason the line

"Start Hardware Event Monitor":true,

in the controller.json

is set to false.

5. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

Yes the profiler is running and working like it should. Checked that as well, I even deleted the controller file and forced the game to create a new default file to check if I had screwed up something else in the file.

6. Lukas Yardbird

Lukas Yardbird Registered

Create rfactor2 profile in Logitech profiler and try 'Apply persistent profile' under Global profiler settings
    aloso check if you dont have steering assist enabled :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  7. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

Tried that but didn't work... I didn't have any assists either. I tried to update the profiler as well.

Seems like the problem is not with the profiler because I can change the steering and ffb there and it works like it should, it's just that rF2 isn't able to change the steering settings.

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes I had this problem with my G27 and Win8 but I solved by not using a separate profile for rF2 in the Logitech profiler and making sure the global settings had 'let the game adjust settings' checked.

But even then it didn't work all the time. Sometimes I had to go to calibrate controller, calibrate, load rF2, exit rF2, re-calibrate, load rF2 once again and it works.

This issue started (for me) two builds ago (Win 8).

9. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

Okay I tried that and put it on admin again and it works now... however running the game as admin seems to cause MAJOR stutter for some f***ing reason. Get something fixed and another problem pops up. I hope I can get the stutter fixed by lowering the graphics settings. At least I know how I can get the wheel working right.

Thanks everyone!

10. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

There's a thread about stutter,hpet,may be worth checking out.....