Dedicated server problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lotusmania, May 19, 2015.

1. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Guys, I'm having a huge problem with rFactor 2 Dedicated Server. My server has 4 cores and 16 gb RAM and more than 200 MBps of download and upload, but everytime that we have more than 15 drivers online, the ping starts to get very high. The server frame rate goes to 450 fps to 30 fps, and I think it's causing the PING problems. All drivers are from our country, so they have a lower ping. Also, in the task manager, it shows that with those 15 drivers, we use just 10% of ram and 10% of CPU. So, I think, it's not a hardware problem. What should I do?

2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Are any apps running - like third party timing software?

3. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Just liveracers

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Try it without as a test.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is very odd. As Chris said... probably a plugin. I would double check to be 100% sure you don't have a plugin in there that was left behind. And maybe for the hell of it, disable LR and try again. Just change the file extension from .dll to .dis. Then you can easily re-enable it if that isn't the problem.

6. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Found the problem, I think. The problem was the 64bit executable, it seems. We forced the dedicated to run on 32bits and it doesn't lose any FPS. It's curious, cause our system is 64 bits, só Dedicated 64 should have worked better.