Track not loading in dev mode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Phathry25, May 12, 2015.

1. Phathry25

Phathry25 Registered

The loading bar goes all the way through, but when the game goes to place the car on the track it crashes. I get the windows rFactor has stopped working error and that's it.

I suspect I am doing something wrong in the GBD or in the layout sub folder. I can take my GMTs and place them in a different track folder and it all works well.

Any ideas? I can post the files later today, but was hoping for some suggestions to try before resorting to that. Obviously I've been able to miraculously set up one track folder, but when copying/renaming it I can't manage.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Do you have any AIW in your track folder?

Try to load the track in the viewer instead devmode and check if it's working there.

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

did you try the viewer to see if your scn is OK ???
    And maybe recheck TGM files for terrain material definition(nt sure it's TGM but it should be on your root track path with images files)

4. Arnao

Arnao Registered

sorry faster than me !!!

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

The viewer of last build don't work HDR problems ... :-( use viewer from 930 build

Edit: In build 946 I have HDR automation problems any one have it? or is only me?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

And you can try doing a trace, maybe the tracefile gives some useful information.

Add "trace=3" into the command-line of Developer in the Settings screen of the Launcher and save it.
    The file (trace.txt) can be found in the ..\UserData\Log folder after every start of the Devmode then.

7. Phathry25

Phathry25 Registered

Friggin typo in the GDB. It looked dang near identical, I had checked it 10's of time too. LOL. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

8. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

I also get HDR issues in the new build.. Have to change the HDR off, or PBR back to make it look normal.. annoying to have to change it every time.

9. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I'm not sure if its the same problem but after a few weeks without working on mine, I updated devo mod and now my track loads without problem but when I click start to put car on track the entire PC crash and i need to click in reset button.

I don't have any AIW file on it and repeat it was working some weeks ago in dev mode 930.

Any idea?

10. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Other thing that noticed right now,

I opened in window mode with task manager open in other screen and when i click start my RAM usage starts to increase and PC crash when it get close to 16GB usage...

Using hard method right now. Deleting objects till it works...

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I never had any problems with devmode.
    I run it in windowed mode with AERO disabled. In case something doesn't look like it should I delete everything in "ModDev\UserData\Log\CBash" and "ModDev\UserData\Log\Shaders".
    Next step is to delete the player.json (ModDev\UserData\player).
    If this doesn't help I would delete the config.ini (ModDev\UserData) and reconfigure the gfx settings.
    Btw, I never use FXAA and the only file in my Plugins folder (rF2Core\Bin64\Plugins) is "TrackIR_rF2_Plugin_x64.dll".

12. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Solved the problem...

I had in scn a experience with marshall chairs

with lods working well in old build. For some reason with this build when I clicked start each chair instance consumed almost 2GB of RAM... I had 11 on track...

I really don't understand why it worked well in B930 and not in B946 but...

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  13. Phathry25

Phathry25 Registered

Okay, now trying to get it into the game. I'm getting the same type of crash, right at the end of loading, and the trace file looks the same. AIW is minimal, but the AI can drive it in DevMode, not that I was trying to load any with me though.

RFCMP file, and source in the folder... https://www.mediafire.com/?qq1k2at3uh21bdm

14. redapg

redapg Registered

Try this:
    - delete the file ..\ModDev\Locations\SkidPad\SkidPad.tdf, but keep the one in the SP folder
    - change this line in the gdb:
    TerrainDataFile = ../SkidPad.tdf
    into:
    TerrainDataFile = SkidPad.tdf
    Package and try again
    Never use 2 files with same name inside of 1 mod/comp!
    And add some grid-spots into the AIW ;)

15. Phathry25

Phathry25 Registered

That was it, thanks!