Is rF2 really better in FFB experience?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olandese volante, May 12, 2015.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

If you want to experience rF2 FFB to the fullest, you definitely should consider upgrading. G25/G27 has very weak FFB engines compared to newer wheels like T500RS... well, any PC sim wheel these days has surpassed G25/G27 FFB tech of 2006. Once you have a wheel that produces higher max forces, you can feel the subtlety of rF2 FFB and range of forces much better.

2. coops

coops Banned

maybe using too high of a setting for your FFB. lowering it you should feel the subtlety of rF2 FFB a lot better. but i do not own a g25/g27 to know if that will help or just upgrade to a better wheel like every1 is saying.

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

obviously a better wheel should be a better experience but if you dont like rf2 ffb w/ a g25/7 (unless this is due to the physical vibration) you arent going to like it w/ other wheels...rf2 ffb >>> other sims on my g27, im thinking of upgrading to a tx 458 but i dont expect that to change, just that all sims will get a bit better. rf2 may have slight advantage bc i wont need to use any smoothing but as is i use very little.

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

You think? My G27 feels night and day different to the GT2(neither bad) plus the additional tuning options available to it, provide great scope in the outputs.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Is-rF2-really-better-in-FFB-experience

Is that a trick thread topic. ?

Wheres the camera ?

lol ;)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

My trusty G25 was(is) great for RF2, once I found out about keeping the forces below the Clipping Point then it really opened up to be a much better FFB experience, it felt like a whole new game after that.
    I will get a new wheel one day though as I want the full experience with the best tools I can afford, as good as the G25 is it's time for an upgrade. #SlamsJoyPadDownCantDealWithThis

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yep, your hardware makes a big difference.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

G25/G27 FFB is ok for me as well with clipping tuned correct. The problem seems to be, many people still think strong FFB equals good FFB, so when they drive something like FR3.5 on G27 in rF2 they will think it's bad due to no forces felt in slow corners. Those people will benefit much from a wheel that produces somewhat more realistic max forces, as that will enhance slow corner forces as well.

9. Jamie Shorting

It's unfortunate but I think when new comers have problems or questions they are generally told to crank up the mult. IMO it's not the best advice.

10. yusupov

yusupov Registered

well the fr 3.5 is an example where a high-end wheel is going to make a huge difference (i would guess).

the problem isnt that ppl think "strong = good" its that "none DOES = bad", and the ffb on the fr 3.5, can go from virtually nonexistent in slow corners (on a low end wheel anyway), to clipping in fast ones very easily.

probably a DD wheel is required for really good ffb here but hopefully a thrustmaster wheel makes a big difference.

11. Comante

Comante Registered

Hey, my girlfriend always says that dimensions doesn't count! :D

12. olandese volante

olandese volante Registered

meanwhile... I think no one of you posters tried my mod and my settings in rf1, right?

A friend of mine (who told me that rf2 was miles ahead of rf1, that you can feel cars etc.) tried my mod for the first time.
    These are his words: I tried the mod, you were ****ing right, I can feel the car way better -.-°

Maybe I really was the only one in the world who had spot on mod and settings in rf1, wow

13. Comante

Comante Registered

Probably is as you say : when you make your mod, and so you can tune and tweak everything, and have specific parameters in your wheel settings to work with that mod, to obtain the result you desire, then yes, probably you can obtain what you want, at the level you desire, with the performance you expect. But maybe, on a different wheel you would need to make the work from start.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Uninstalled rF1 long ago, would test it otherwise. But I spent many hours tweaking rF1 FFB back in the days, and the only thing which made it acceptable was RealFeel FFB plugin, which is pretty much same as what rF2 uses out of box. Consensus was you couldn't get it right otherwise, that's why GSCE and other newer gMotor 2.0 games have RealFeel included by default.

15. Jamie Shorting

:p

16. Jamie Shorting

Maybe!!! :p

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Don't believe. You have to know, it always means the opposite of what womans say.

Same as when they ask us man how they look and we answer very nice, but did we really mean that, or is it just because they like to hear. :)
    Would that mean that the free to play title of Reiza incl. RealFeel plugin as well and i had to thank TecAde for the job or whom is the responsible i like to give credit for the fantastic steering dynamics ?