We want pit-stop animation like other titles!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, May 9, 2015.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I think it's about time that rFactor2 has animated pit-stops. First of all to be an improvement on rFactor and secondly to be at par with other racing simuators who have done this thing.

Support this idea! Lets make ISI aware of this and hopefully will have it in the near future build.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Sorry, I'd rather have raindrops on the windshield & vertex damage first. Once those are in place, then you can have pit stop animations.:p

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Im sure they are aware that plenty would like it. Been discussed on many occasions. Agree with Emery , other more important features first please.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep animated pit stops are very low on my personal want list, many other things above it.

5. coops

coops Banned

agree if it is a small fix as ISI have small team. they have to have a plan for 2015 and i dont think it will be part of it. would be nice to know what they are working on this yr even if only major things, better than NO news at all but seems they dont like to tell us much at all of what they are doing or planning for this yr.

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I think the new drivetrain/transmission model will be a more exciting improvement to rF2

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We haven't recovered rF1's ability to draw a rectangle around the pit spot yet (and even change its colour!). Small steps.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's no small fix to designing a pit crew that can service any type of car a modder might decide to make - or - not look like utter crap by servicing a GT car like it's a GP car. There might be a smaller way to do something other than you have right now, but even that is less priority than a huge amount of other things you'd all probably want more.

9. lbird

lbird Registered

I am afraid this idea won't work, because that pit crew stuff will be buried deep in the engine somewhere: But why not externalize these pit stop stuff to a willing mod person/group? We have a lot of talented plugin developers who do a great job for rF2, just check out the plugin forum. I have no idea if it is an utterly stupid pitch, but why not externalize certain aspects of "non core development" similar to pit stop crew animation? I am sure that a lot of guys would be able and probably willing to carry that torch for more immersion. Just an idea - needs ISI support, but who knows...

A better tranny/drivetrain implementation is for sure much higher on the wanted list (and rightfully so), and stuff like that has to be done by the core team.

10. coops

coops Banned

as i expected less priority things like that can wait, its good to hear you have more important core features to finish that im sure we all will be happy to receive.

11. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

If no entire crew is possible soon at least a lollipop man would be nice to have.

Then its not necessary to enable the chat box only for the info that to pit stop is done.

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

this is basically all we need for now...even if it was static

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Lollipop man would be a welcomed addition as it makes it easier to see your Pit Box, couldn't that be a Community Project if ISI dont have the time I wonder?

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I would like to see this happen, anything might be an improvement over the red arrows when you pit. Does anyone know how to switch those off, if you can? :)

15. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Agreed.

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1 on lollipop-man!

17. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Would like to see a lollipop as well, something that would help us see our pit box that we could make unique.

e.g. A generic dds square or circle we could replace with our own image. Maybe include in the team mas associated to each veh.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1 especially the very last part

19. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 has animation system which can be used for modding any trackside animations, so it wouldn't be too hard for someone to make basic pitstop animations like lollipop man. ISI would probably have to integrate it to code that triggers pitstop though. There is also some kind of pitcrew already in devmode, although it isn't animated.

20. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I want wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tubemen in the pits