So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yesterday I found out one big feature where pCars blows rF2 out: the first one has Donington Park.

[​IMG]

This track is something else, those elevation changes...

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Congratulations Spinelli! You are now DD's official translator! take it away :)
    (no joke either, I would not have understood his post without it)

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Back to topic, I hear allot of conflicting stories about whether pcars is forcing aids or not. some say they can't get rid of it, others think it differs per car, other say its only possible to set it 'off' on a server.

Any ideas about this?

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I drove the Formula A, B, C, Sauber C9, and a LMP car. I didn't drive the GT3s because I wasn't interested but from the bunch I did drive, it felt like there was something holding me from abusing the car in the F-A, C, C9, and LMP. The F-B is a mess and was progressively killed from being the best drive in the game 2 years ago. The C9 with everything off drove a lot like a GT1 car from GTR2 with amazing brakes, easy handling, and no killer turbo lag to spin my wheels away. I had the game set to Pro and turned stuff off in the options menu - which you'd have figured would have been off - before the sessions. That coupled with the murdered Sakitto (Suzuka), which some people incredulously defended as being superior to the Suzuka layout, completely tuned me out. It wasn't a title I would want to have to drive on my PC with my wheel and pedals, it was something I'd rather have on my - super slim - PS4 library.

I am still waiting for my 25 Euro from SMS, by the way. Over two months now.

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

must admit, having just tried the dallara with the new CPM

wow just wow..

its the nearest Ive felt in a sim, to my FR2.0 experience on Friday.!!! no BS

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks Spin that is exactly what I mean.

...........so we get it right I am not bagging people like to drive lifeless tracks either. lol ;)

But if you going to call the kettle black or is it the shoe fits, glasshouses and rocks ? ............... whatever. p

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

I honestly cannot comprehend how an enlightened individual such as yourself cannot understand that many people, regardless of the language they speak have trouble communicating.
    Mental health issues, anxiety, depression... all of the things that many members here suffer with. They want a voice too, and what do they get?

The amount of posts on this forum which are comments about comments is a sad insight to the other side of mental health issues and it makes me feel angry that you have forced me to do just that.

And for your information, although the dialect is strong, Durge is quite legible to most Aussies and once you get to know him, a very knowledgeable, passionate individual that has provided a great deal for this community.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Great passive aggressive post. Congrats!

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I was looking at the list of updates for the IndyCar ysterday and think...

'wonder how many will give a damn, instead of just how it feels and how it looks'

Simracers are dying breed folks. Even majority in my league also is doing pCARS now. They dun wanna be coming back from work and thinking abt tire wear and fuel consumption. Which is sad.

10. Magzire

Magzire Registered

:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ther are a few ways to turn off ABS ,TC, SC one via the server allowing aids for MP, the other in game set up for SP, there is also a realistic setting equal to AC's "factory" setting where it only allows what the real cars of that class have, also if TC is "on" in the server in the tuning section you can select how much TC you want via a slider I think default TC is 8% the higher numbers mean less TC & more wheel spin and the lower number uses more TC ectt.. lower is best for the rain ..

you can turn them off/on from the cockpit as long as you mapped the buttons when setting up your wheel/controller's .. its weird tho as you have to switch to one of the external hood type cameras to get the other HUD that shows the aids TC ABS & SC ..the cockpit views don't show the aids lol .. also there are no hidden aids on as long as you know how to turn them off .. lots of players just cant figure it out ...

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The more realistic a sim is, more demanding it is on engineering skills for setting up cars, driving skills, and more hours you must devote to training.

The day a sim will be as accurate as real F1, you'll need a team of 10 engineers around you, full time dedication, and the skills available to less than 100 people on earth to drive it.

You can't blame people having a family life and a demanding job, with about an hour or two of real free time a week, to enjoy having a quick fun with a driving game, instead of being ridiculed on line by kids or teenagers who can drive 10 to 20 hours (or more) a week on a very accurate sim.

And if a good part of your precious hour of free time is dedicated to update the sim, the graphic drivers, or solve whatever mysterious dysfunction, no surprise, some will say this is not for me.

Just my view on it, and have fun racing.

Cheers.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Well said, this is the reason I even have other sims/racing games. That said, I don't it's impossible to have quick fun in rf2...it's just rare.

14. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Im already aware for the reasons behind it. In my league, there was a healthy group of simracers who do what simracers supposed to do, as u mentioned. But one by one have gotten into the zone (tied the knots and jobs).

And the new generations are just going with the hype.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You don't need that many people to run the game, you'll need a few people to help you setup the car so you can run very competitively.

[/pedantic]

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx kro388th :)

17. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

I´m not from Australia but I often smile/laugh when I see Durgedrivens posts, especially his screenshots, lol. He has humour and is a strong character, and not the slightest politically correct, wish more people was like him :)

18. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Apart from the very good laser scanned version of Donny available for rF2, can't get more accurate elevation than that :)
    On Topic: I got a refund when people at the WMD forums told me to spend thousands on a new PC or go and buy a Playstation. Total k##bs

19. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

What laser scanned version of Donington?

If your on about the Simraceway conversion that is floating around then that was certainly not laser scanned

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Plus its a rip and should not even be discussed here or anywhere else on ISI. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.