So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

No... zero flexibility. GTR2 way better on it, as expected.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No custom championships, but neither does rF2 or AC do they, I mean sure I can make a mod with tracks right order but there are no points or charts is there.

Ai pit and stops length varies a little.
    5 lap Career race they can stagger stops over 3/4 laps as well makes it interesting.

They apparently going to add manual pitstops.
    If they do they would have to alter the crew and pits.
    As is you run through other cars to fit in your box, I can't see how you would drive into one so tight.

You can saved multi strategies.

Career has strategy canned in races.

No fuel usage x sort of spoils too
    I haven't done a long race yet so I don't know what Ai do in that regard.

No timed races but in career mode some races are timed so seems reasonable to me they may add it later.

Question is will they fix all these things and beef up the physics and feel for pCars2.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  3. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Got to laugh though, on the live for speed they reckon pcars is to much like rfactor2 and not very realistic, so I guess it's all down to the user's own idea of what feels right, I do loads of track days and can say that No sim made so far gives me the same feeling as doing it for real, so sell your pc and get a track bike/car and fully enjoy the real "sim" experience lol ;-)

4. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Not planning to buy. rFactor, AC and Dirt Rally seems to be enough for me ;) Only if it was cross-platform multiplayer I would probably of bought it so I could race with friends that are console gamers. Too bad it isn't supported.

Does anyone know whether pcars produces log files from races like rFactor does?

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

kindergarden...my daddy is stronger then yours,my toys are much better then yours,i play realistic games you dont,i listen better music then you,my city is nicer then yours,what i do and have is always better ALWAYS!!!and you must like what i do/have,if not, than thats wrong..
    i realy dont understand the needs from some here to defend or attack product we like or dislike..do you get money for that?play what you think is best for you,thats why you have few games to chose..or pay someone to make a game for you :)
    please stop to argue about product we have they are all good in they own ways..and devs are working in their own ways to make it best possible for us...again play what you think is best for you!! or you need someone to tell you what is best for you?
    funny stuff

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I asked this question recently and sadly the answer appears to be no. Although there are two telemetry applications that connect via API.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This needs to be a sticky post ^^^ :)

8. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Hmm bummer. Would prefer simple logs from devs. Oh well. This saves me some time by not writing another parser for simresults :p But would of done if there were logs.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah to be honest this was the last (of many) nail in the coffin for pCars for me...

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Apparently this is typical human behaviour, that's why you see it everywhere on all topics. The need to pick a side and stick by it comes from the need to belong somewhere, you are part of something, allegedly a very strong incentive for people. Because it helps us determine our identity.
    The younger people are the stronger this feeling is as well I reckon.

And when you want to be part of something this 'something' needs to be 'right', it needs to be better then the something others favour. (because how can we be right if they are right as well?)
    When this need to belong is high enough (it usually is) then we also have the need to discredit the other side. sometimes with facts (those are the glorious moments (that's why rf2 users will always say 'physics' even if allot of 'us' have no clue how to determine if they are actually good or not)) or just proclaim stuff that sounds reasonable or in most cases claim something others already have claimed before.
    Because the more right we are, the more wrong they are.

Once we are down that road we also feel much more strongly about 'our' opinions and then the next feel comes into play: the reinforcement of our social bonds with the community. We need to belong, we get anxious about it, we need to prove we are right so we can underline the social bonding's. if we keep that up we get 'more right' then the others. or so we perceive it anyways.

It makes us feel secure and accepted. A very basic human incentive. something we all are looking for from the day we are born until we check out.

So it's not even about simracing. at all. it is about being humans.
    We are all prone to error but the ability to acknowledge that is very difficult because our opinions also determine who we are and what we are. In a sense - especially for younger humans - it is impossible to not have opinions because that would mean we will not be able to determine who we are.
    If you are wrong, you failed, better make sure you are right, even if you know you are wrong. Because the consequences of being wrong are pretty heavy in our minds. We are after all fragile beings being tossed around in a scary world. it feels so good to belong somewhere and damned if we don't defend our beliefs.

One of the most difficult things in life is not having an opinion.
    You will probably only see this in the more wise of us, zenmasters maybe, those whom had extreme harsh live experiences, older people whom have been going through this crap for 60 years already, fed up with debating crap, knowing it doesn't mean anything. Knowing that accepting things as they are is actually much more rewarding, less time consuming and less confusing. It even gives us that feeling of belonging in a much stronger sense. (Oh the irony)

So, it just human nature. And if you don't like that, gotta find a way to avoid being influenced by it one way or another.

So yeah, I think i'll get PCars tomorrow, I feel like trying something new :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ah, fantastic post. I wish more people had that kind of insight. Very refreshing, thank you. :)

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And thank you as well, your posts (and the way you interact here) made me wanna go for pcars.

(needless to say I will blame you if I don't like it)

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

So you are just anti-belonging. It's much better to belong instead of a hermit like you! You guys are all the same. :p

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Where did I claim I did not suffer from the same? Am I not human? Are you denying my humanity?

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

In all honesty, I believe the most dangerous thing about pCARS or any immersive game is that the concept of improvement is non-existent. People literally adjust the AI difficulty level down when they don't win instead of identifying all the opportunities for improvement. It's almost like humans complete separation from the source of the food they eat. Sad.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

AC was developed in an office above a pit lane... It can't be simcade. It's just impossible. Hehe.

17. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

Quite the opposite. I practice a bit, adjust the AI to put me somewhere near the back and race. If I ever get a win I didn't fight tooth and nail for I up the AI setting. What I want is a challenge....consistently winning would be no fun. In RFactor2 I find that I constantly improve. The down side of all this is that coming back to Rfactor1 after a year off I found my settings impossible (I do miss the 1979 MOD and starting out in a duff team) :-/ Worse still thanks to you lot I am getting dissatisfied with my G25 and wondering if my bread knife would spot it if I snuck in a T500RS plus F1 wheel (she doesn't approve at all :)

I think all games encourage improvement in some way?

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Stock Car Extreme, RaceRoom Racing Experience, iRacing, Richard Burns Rally, DiRT Rally...
    Excellent products, excellent simulators. Fact!
    It is very easy to dismiss any opinion outside the forementioned premises as mere belongingness (what Denstjiro was describing), or rather more disturbing 'irrational hatred towards inanimate object' (cannot remmeber the name for this condition).
    To quote Taylor Swift; Hater's gonna hate.

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah, but once you win after fighting tooth and nail do you increase AI strength again? The issue is not CHALLENGE but IMPROVEMENT. How can you adjust AI so you are at the back and then win? What you need to do is set the AI so that you are at the back and stay near the back and then only move toward the front over time. And then up the AI% again to send you TRULY toward the back.

And, no. No game encourages improvement that allows decreasing AI strength and, worse, motivates dysfunctional behavior like quitting a combo way before you reach your potential just because you can now buy a car or do the next arbitrary championship or whatever. Games like this run EXACTLY counter to meeting your potential, which is the only thing that should stop the search for improvement and since you never reach your potential then that will never happen so there is never a reason to stop improving.

20. yusupov

yusupov Registered

'irrational hatred towards inanimate object' (cannot remmeber the name for this condition).

i believe youre thinking of "'simcade'-snide", which afaik is some sort of hipster infection, causes unknown, speculated to be generated by putting an excessive amount of emotional investment into another inanimate object, in this case, a home racing simulator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.