So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

4chan topkek. find that hard to belieb.

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Of course it should be taken lightly...

The thing is, it sounds like the guy doesn't have a lot of reason to grudge... I mean 10 euros... And he gathers all this?

I bought the 25 euro team-member thing... And I can see what he is on about. The small improvements over the years, not what I expected, not what he expected.

I have encountered the foot-soldiers myself. I once commented that the FFB was broken (maybe 6 months ago) on VirtualR and i was disappointed by it.

Didn't take long before the "did you delete your player profile" and some other harsh words, indicating my noobness of not doing such a thing when testing an evolving game.

So I did delete it and whammy, nothing happened or improved. The guys kept saying that I might have to tweak FFB myself.
    I kept saying that I was disappointed that you'd have to tweak and test to (MAYBE!) get a better FFB experience with one of the most sold commercial steering wheels around the globe (G25). The developers should of course have made it work brilliantly out of the box. I got more heat... and went away and haven't touched the game since. Not even after I paid another 25 euros for the full game on steam the other day. I just haven't touched it. Why did I buy the full game? Because I might have a friend or two who would get it... so race them casually :)

I can see why blog-guy writes and exposes what he does. It is problematic, it is baffling.
    And the foot-soldier thing is ingenious!

And all this just makes me appreciate ISI's way of doing things even more.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  3. Descoat

Descoat Registered

There are people that still couldn´t play the game since they bought it.
    Another with slowly camera while brake
    Another like me that crash the game when you are at 1080p resolution and try to enter the options to chenge resolution for 3 screens.
    Bugs with setups that change to default suddenly.
    Microstuttering!!!
    popping!!!
    freezing the screen 0.5 seconds and makes you crash.
    barcelona circuit with tyre textures that seems to fly few centimeters
    crash notes constantly with some configurations and doesn´t allow to execute the game any more.
    AMD graphics cards with very poor performance in PC ( it´s amd fault but they should try to fix it before
    .... a lot more.

Ian Bell said in April " the game is finished" so May was an excuse from Bandai. Really? Are you joking me? this game needs 5 more months. And I´m not sure if these guys are going to fix everything or prefer to start Pcars 2 as they said few weeks ago.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It was just the 4chan comment though, mainstream-hypes don't come from there, at all. and its almost impossible to get through the chatter and self-deleting threads with 50-odd pcar trolls vs 1million posts per day by other trolls :)

But I liked the article, it confirmed some of my observations from the past and of course the increasing ease to involve gullible and impressionable people. The internet gives us all voices and boy do we use that power eh?

Maybe the setup was smart enough but it might be biting them in the arse. I dunno. But its never a good sign to embrace such an audience when you are a serious player in the market. they can bring something down much easier then they are able to assist.

Back on topic, nice thread, very informative, keep it coming. I might enjoy pcars in the future, sounds like fun, but needs some work apparently. luckily I have loads of patience :)

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

makes me laugh.,..

Some of you sounding like your favourite game (rf2) is perfect, this thread could easily have rf2 written at the top and people moan about unfinished elements poor gfx, crap rain effects oh sorry NO rain effects,. broken/poor ffb in some cars etc etc...

Stones - glass houses come to mind.

Pcars is good end off, it may not suit some its no rf2 in terms of realism.. regardless its still a good sim.!! I love rf2 and its my fav sim of all time.. but im not stupid I know its far from perfect¬!

6. Justy

Justy Registered

I don't think I've seen anyone say rF2 is perfect, not in this thread, nor any other, anywhere.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I am sorry to hear that you have big problems with pCars, many of you bugs you describe seem to bee you spesific hardware setting problems. I am running triple screens (120hz/120fps) and game looks stunning and works like a dream, however all cars are way too easy to drive in my opinion and I am not a huge pCars fan to bee honest with you.

8. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

It is very refreshing to read this .

9. Magzire

Magzire Registered

I laughed so hard..

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I agree 100 %

imagine a race in rF2 with LMP1, LMP2, GTE mixed class, rain conditions in the daylight with some dust in the air and party beside the track :p
    I know the day will come .......

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Because if that physics are right, rF2 is totally wrong (which is not).

So...

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

since the disappointment with AC I've not really been interested in anything new,

then I realise that Iracing & rf2 are more than enough so no need to look else where

even dirt rally made me think if I wanted a rally I'd simply re-install Richard burns rally
    (not read anyone say dirt rally is at the level of RBR yet, RBR is 10 yrs old too )

Iracing updates as does rf2 so both continually get better, it's sim racing heaven

(although I can't use rf2 for now but I'm sure that will change )

newer doesn't mean better, it seems time & time again it means the opposite

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Don't intend to hijack the thread but has anyone a word about RaceRoom? I'm watching some videos here and the graphics appears to be very decent so the physics.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Seriously... I don't mean this as an attack on anyone... But seriously...
    Those who claim that pCARS feels and drives like an arcade game are either lying for one reason or another, or they haven't spent enough time with the ffb options yet.

I am very picky when it comes to sims and their physics and ffb... very, very picky.
    rFactor 2 has almost ruined most other sims for me, mainly because of three things: its physics, force feedback and Real Road.

But I just drove the Caterham Superlight R500 in anger around Nords in pCARS and it was really an eye opening experience for me.
    SMS and the members have done something right, that's clear to me now.

I tweaked the force feedback, so that the Fx, Fy and Fz sliders were at about 40-50-ish. Bumped up the master scale and Mz sliders a bit.
    Bang, there it was. I felt it. The tires, what they were doing, which way they were pointing, which way they wanted to point. Wow.

I thought "hey, what if forget that this is a supposed simcade and just drive the car like I would in rF2?"
    Good gravy... Many of the same techniques I use (with success) in rF2 worked similarly in pCARS on this occasion, the car reacted like it should under similar circumstances.
    Tons of tire sliding when driven at the edge and beyond. Tons of little corrections needed. The car even caught some air going over a crest, which translated perfectly though the wheel.

I'm not saying pCARS' physics are better than rF2's, don't think that. It isn't. It lacks a bit of that raw and direct feeling that makes rF2 so unique.
    Opposite lock needs to translate better through the ffb, it is still a bit too numb, but perhaps I can adjust my way out of this issue once I have some more time.

But the physics are not "wrong" or "arcady" like many people claim. Not at all.
    It's just that much of the goodness is hidden behind some pretty numb default ffb settings.

Don't dismiss it so quickly, that would be my advice. Forgot all those preconceived notions that this isn't a title to be taken seriously.
    Forget all the slandering and silly politics and pride games people play these days.
    Forget what one especially threatened community is trying to do to bring pCARS down.
    Just try it for yourselves and form your own opinion on it. That'd be my advice and 2 cents. :)

15. Emery

Emery Registered

I'll send private msg so not to derail thread.

16. msportdan

msportdan Banned

winner!

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

maybe they'll put out a demo -I'll defo give it a try

cheers hex

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Or simply wait for a good discount in a few months time. :)

R3E has come a very long way too I think. I'm having problems finding time for all these sims atm, but from what I've experienced, R3E is definitely worth having.
    Only big problem is Sector3's business model imo. But the tracks are fantastic, so are most of the cars, physics and force feedback are pretty engaging and intense.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So you should be able to do a great time easily in pCars in full pro if you understand different physics so well and this is console/arcade ? ...it should be simple. ?

Show me the Money then !

20. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

Not sure if it is necessary to suggest lying or laziness on FFB settings. I for one and trying to get this game to work and have no advantage to gain from paying full price for something and binning it too quickly. I do hope you are right but even then I would be annoyed at the developers for not providing proper guidance. I want the developer to give ma a car with the right feel not a car plus 37 different settings with no instructions, I mean how many permutations is that? And I have to work it all out car by car? I'm hoping that someone who has the time will start to post individual set ups by wheel, in time.

Interestingly back in the days of GP Legends I used to drive with an analogue joystick and the physics were totally fabulous. My brain soon dealt with the joystick interface and I became very skilled at feeding on power with the long throw of the stick whilst unwinding the "wheel". After a while this all happened automatically. I have a suspicion that the physics with PCars are not there yet, but I hope they will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.