So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

weird...its probably the cars then (or that collision thing). i mostly race opalas & vees in SCE...R3E doesnt really do that kinda stuff, at least not yet.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Gentlemen.. To answer the OP's question, I now have pCARS.
    And I love it. Simple as that. Love it! :cool:

Just so nobody gets a stroke here, I'll just say that I'm not really comparing it to rF2 in terms of physics and ffb. That would be ludicrous imho.
    rF2 is in a league of its own, goes without saying.
    The way I see it there's rF2, and then the rest, the B league, the challengers, whatever you wanna call 'em, consisting of pCARS, AC, iRacing, SCE, R3E.

I must say pCARS has really surprised me in the nicest possible way and leaps straight ahead of the bunch I just mentioned.
    First of all it's so immersive, and a complete racing spectacle. Raw, dirty, gritty and most important of all: FUN.
    Graphics are mind blowing, like you'd expect. Being in that world is even more impressive that I'd have thought.

There's a lot going on in the ffb, much more than I would've thought by reading people's reports. Tons of ffb options to tweak, which is great too. Can't wait to dive further into those settings.
    Plenty of little subtleties, bumps, etc. Oversteer feels quite nice and understeer translates really well. There's a much better feeling of what the tires are doing than in AC for instance.

Low speed physics are good, and the car feels great when rotating though slow corners.
    Generally the physics, although simplified, feel better than AC's, because there much more logic to pCARS physics I find.
    I'm not being throw off the track because of the physics suddenly failing, which is quite a big plus. ;)

I've seen horror examples posted about the AI, but I've yet to encounter really crazy AI behavior.
    Yeah they go off track once in a while, but what the heck, it just adds to the spectacle. ;)
    All in all the AI is x1000 better than AC's AI.
    I had a 40 minute battle with an AI car at Imola over 8th position. He defended in a gentlemanly fashion and I never managed to get by. Great fun!

Optimization is great too, I'm running very high settings, no vsync and getting great fps all over, and no tearing either.

Okay I don't have time for all this writing... Gotta go race some more.
    To those who haven't yet tried it, pCARS is highly recommendable. :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Re-adjusted list William:

Physics:

1. rFactor 2
    2. Assetto Corsa
    3. Project CARS

AI:

1. rFactor 2
    2. Project CARS
    3. Assetto Corsa

Force Feedback:

1. rFactor 2
    2. Assetto Corsa
    3. Project CARS

No accounting for taste ..........lool p

....... and I got called a nutcase. loool

ProjectCars is the "GT of PC" is my line. lol ;)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah that is about spot on to me and what I tried to convey.

OT
    If you weigh up all features I don't see how anyone could rate this lower then AC.
    Like even if they feel AC physics/ Ai and FFB is better surely the enhanced Career options, Night, Weather and working wipers makes up for it. lol

I like the cockpits more then AC too ( they feel more immersive probably due to the ambiance ) and some of the tracks are mesmerizing, Zolder comes to mind. It also just has a better range of vehicles. I struggle to understand why AC is on a pedestal is all.

AC I feel I am in a sim with monitor bezel
    pCars I feel I am in sim but the bezel sort of evaporates.
    rF2 ( many historic cars ) whats a bezel ? I feel like I am in a real car, huh ?

lool ;)

Serious though if it was possible to add the best of both ( rF2 and pCars ) you would have the most fantastic sim, one worthy of 90-95%

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Go on tell me I am spamming. lol

One effect I have never described about ProjectCars is the mild obsession with wanting to drive cars and tracks I wouldn't normally. :confused:

BMW M1 , Caterham SP300R , Cadwell, Snetterton to name a few ......... and heavens forbid modern OW and tracks even ! . lol p

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

For a lot of people, I expect it is their first foray into simracing on the PC.
    If you are used to gaming in general, or consoles, you may be put off by iracings costs, by rf2s graphics etc.

You can become invested in something, heck like we can be with rF2, to the exclusion of everything else.
    I don't understand it, I'll buy all the sims but a lot of others it seems cannot justify 40 bucks for thousands of hours of work.

I'd have to suggest these kind of people(way to generalise mat) may be more in love with their ego than they are with our genre.

7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Another thing I like is having actual marbles on the road surface (particles/meshes/bilboards?). They're not the most realistic looking thing I've ever seen, and they seem to on the racing line more than I'd expect, and I'm not sure if they build up dynamically (or at all), and I'm not sure if they effect grip, but geeeee it's cool to see the car in front flick them up at me :)

I'm getting a bit Kimi Raikkonen about having selected Pro mode, then having the pit guy tell me to keep momentum up in Porsche Curves, slipstream on Mulsanne, and block the guy behind me. Shut up, I know what I'm doing. And also, why not a bit of Hamilton-esque - hey man, don't talk to me in the corners, I nearly went off. What's more, why can't I, as an Audi LMP1 driver, have a female race engineer?

And... I want to be able to do the driving in pit lane!! :(

If anyone wants to see a semi-funny glitch/bug in pcars, pull up in the escape road at Indianapolis corner at Le Mans :)

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah i dont get auto-pitout, i guess its some...thing....always hated it, but it must be easier to do than not do for some reason. i think theyre ditching it soon tho.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That is called Longford sheep droppings mate. lool

They really should have done better with the marbles, does not look like they changed it since Shift.

I expect little stuff like that in pCars2 will get more attention, ( considering the amount of content they have to use and probably even more early release subscriptions )

rF2 fine particle is better too imho.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think it is a Ferrari / Italy " thing " Mat.

loool ;)

I was just thinking after woo's post how cool would it be do a Lan at Longford Festival, big tent, genny, BBQ'd baa baa lol ;)

11. matf1

matf1 Registered

You a speaka my language!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I messed up around 4-5 hours, to get the FFB a little bit appearing on my G27 Wheel. Curbs are now fine, but the FFB on straights is very poor. The Bump between T1 and T2 on Silverstone i can feel, but nothing more. Something very strange happened on Siverstone, too. The Car wents left, just as the steering help (switched off) comes in very suddenly...

Multiplayer seems have some serious Bugs, too. A lot of Ghost Cars around, but without collision detection. And...as expected, a lot of wrecker/crasher presence :(

The replay function is buggy, too. Managed photo finish from P10 to P8 and the Replay ends 1 Minute (total 10:50 Minutes) before...grrrrrrrrrrr

13. Tony

Tony Registered

I've been a member over at WMD since near the beginning (3yrs-ish) & did warn the devs about the badness of the AI taking over in the pitlane. They will fix this in the near future with a choice of driving yourself or not. I'm pretty sure it was wrapped up with car positioning & the pit-crew animations, & also being able to virtually "run over" your pit crew..!

I think it's great, & the whole charm for me is its very difference from rF2 :)

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

all great comments guys..

did a gt race with the darch (oops sorry Porsche) at laguna, in the rain awesome awesome fun... Also had no problems with the ai save a few cutting the corkscrew, but only because they got in a tangle. Wet racing is fun again.....

I would say actually the porche felt very similar to the URD gt car physics. I could compare pcars to URD physics in a nutshell

15. bwana

bwana Registered

first impression physics let it down and tyres BUT visually brilliant. Biggest loser .... AC, as being of what id call the same genre it eats AC alive

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah it really does, I agree.
    Everything AC set out to do, rF2 and pCARS now do much better imo.
    For me AC has been left in a limbo, a no-man's land.

rF2 takes care of the physics, force feedback and fantastic AI.
    pCARS takes care of the "spectacle", the visuals, the "fun factor" and so on.

Remind me again, what does AC do best..?

17. matf1

matf1 Registered

Marketing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

18. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Was anyone a junior member?
    It only cost me £10 years ago but I only received £8 off the game (same deal to be had on green man gaming!)

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh snap! :D

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

SMS won't even have to put out a screenshot to greenlight pCars2, apparently it is get in on time, one price or you will miss out again.

They have the power to bully you now. lol ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.