So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Mark, Im sort of in the same boat, will buy it either way once new wheel is paid for ;)

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

it does i think ots fairly good... in the wet its a laugh lol

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

that maybe you spin.. but last night i constantly drove the Formulford round cadwell, and loved it... I find with the weather etc it can hold my attention just as long as RF2 can. some you say it aint about visuals.. but the wet racing in rf2 looks bland and not realistic at all.. In pcars you get the immersion of the rain etc, it almost adds a sense of fear whilst driving in the wet. Rf2 cant give these senses visually. although that cobra is near lol

4. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81 Registered

mehhh, please delete

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

For me its something to have fun for a while. But if it comes to e.g. FFB Comparaison vs rF2, pCars have nothing to offer. Very poor FFb, feels like Race07 or other old Games. However, it makes really Fun...for a while ;)

6. Corti

Corti Registered

My humble opinion:
    the February 22, 2012 buy a Team Member of PCars three months before buying a license for rFactor2. until that time the games we knew were the Race, CM and GRID saga. RFactor had heard of and even probe ever offline (the truth is that they were all in offline mode). but ultimately led me to use comparative rFactor2, its multiplayer fall in love and to date is the sim longer concerns me and which I enjoy the most. PCars always leave a little aside and when I first came in I turned to reinstall Steam and looked around from time to time. Yesterday pay the price difference € 25 as Team Member license has a 50% discount and came back to try, this time with the BMW M1 in Monza and the truth is that it has changed a lot, so far I have not tried online , although that aspect to overcome what has rFactor2 difficult. As for FFB I will not go into technical details but I like the initial behavior that has virtually without touching anything, which in rFactor is a bit more complicated especially when you play with suspension settings, always influences something in the feel of the steering wheel. As for settings I hope it's not that complicated, and at least keep some logic thing in rFactor not always happen.
    translate by GOO... XD
    regards, Corti. ;)

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you for your Opinion Andrè, than i don't need to by it.

....but where i'm not with you is the overdosed alignment forces in rf2 while cornering, because exactly that is somewhat of and should transmitt more lateral forces ( Fy ), but i know why you like it, because i know your arms. :)

Lets have a phone call. I'd like to hear more from you mate ;)

pCars was laggy from the very first day and the ffb very poor. I spend so much energy and lifetime into it at the beginning with feedback in hope they would unterstand and get it right, but sad to hear that it was for nothing.

8. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Has anyone watched ffb settings? Do i understand right that there is effect simulating driver's hands?
    If it is as i understand it at the moment, someone has had somekind of brain fart while making the game.

9. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Well sounds like some other released sim, exept for the FFB part.. :rolleyes:

10. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

I have Pcars, i played it for the first time in about 2 years last weekend, so i haven't played it much. It was fun driving around on the Nordschleife with it, though. The default FFB is decent, but you don't feel much of the bumps on the road, i had to use my Simx software to turn on something called "road bumps" in order to get a better feel of what the car was doing over the road. The aligning torque feels pretty decent though, and i never felt like i didn't know what the cars were doing.

I haven't raced against the AI, but they sound pretty bad from what i'm reading.

As far as the driving experience is concerned, they seem to have gotten the basic feeling of a car right in my opinion, but i highly doubt that most of the exact details are close to correct in terms of handling characteristics and car behaviors for each particular car, it reminds me of Gran Turismo in that sense, where, if you don't really pay attention to the details it still feels like some description of a car and can be fun to drive, but needs a bit of getting used to to learn it. All the same basic principles to drive a real car apply to it though, so it's not that hard.

One thing i don't like about it is that every car seems to understeer quite a lot under braking. I like having a car turn in sharply under braking, and i wasn't able to get that with any of the cars i drove, although it could have been due to the setup since i didn't touch any of those setting.

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's a good screenshots basis, with some few cars interesting to drive. I'm sick and tired to screw my connection up every week dowloading 10 Gb Builds that changes a in-game menu order, so don't ask me to be positive with it.

As for the AI they seems screwed in almost whole set of tracks and I doubt they corrected that in so short time.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

:)

I get the impression that he is searching himself, but coudn't find yet to establish his character and personality to manifest an serious opinion :)

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Or just trying to wind people up.

14. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

For those of you struggling to find a good FFB setup, I worked for a few hours last night testing different FFB 'setups' for different cars and think I've found a nice balance that brings alive the physics a bit. A lot less understeery and dull.

I'm using a G25.. note if it's not listed here I've left it set to DEFAULT.

FFB MASTER SETTINGS
    -------------------------
    FFB Slider: 90

FFB CALIBRATION SETTINGS
    --------------------------------
    Tire Force: 125
    Deadzone Removal: 0.14

SPINDLE
    ------------
    Master Scale: 26 for Tin Tops, up to 34 for Formula Cars and somewhere in-between for other cars.
    FX: 100
    FY: 120
    FZ: 140
    MZ: 150

BODY & SoP
    --------------
    SoP Scale: 50 (I've been using values closer to 100 for big cars like the Stock Car or the Trans-Am)
    SoP Lat: 0
    SoP Differential: 50
    SoP Damper: 0

Also remember that SPINDLE ARM ANGLE is a huge adjustment that cannot be made at the track... for certain cars that have 'snappy immediate FFB' try raising this - if it is 'loose and sloppy' try lowering it.

I've decided that probably the most important value here is SoP (Seat of Pants), because without it the FFB just seems broken. I think all sims these days include a certain amount of that feel and pCars retail release has this mostly disabled by default. A few of the cars that I thought had 'decent' FFB out-of-the-box all had SoP settings by default.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It would sure be a shame if this thread turned into mud slinging and personal attacks.. just saying. :)

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Do you don`t get much clipping with this value?

17. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

Here is an hour and a half video of me going through some of the aspects of PCARS, and sharing my impressions:

NOTES:

I will say that Project CARS, in my opinion does beat out Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport. It’s a more engaging experience, more fleshed out for racing (full race weekends, detailed setups, etc). They even are above titles such as Assetto Corsa, WHEN IT COMES TO SIMULATING A RACE EXPERIENCE (NOT IN TERMS OF PHYSICS).

AI needs work. That’s a fact. They are commonly over-aggressive and will act more like “Bumper Car Simulator: 2015″ than a true racing title. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

There isn’t true Multi-Class Racing yet: I tried two “Multi-Class” events, looking for a Le Mans style field. If I chose a Prototype, I would always be matched with other Prototypes (See 50:30 in the video). I don’t know about you, but it seems pretty imbalanced matching an Audi R18 against a Radical SR3…

I also tried GT3 in a multi-class event, and I was matched up with Trans-Am, Group 5, Group 4, and GT4 (See the 1 hour mark in the video)

Day to Night is AMAZING in this game. In my preview I had an issue with Le Mans not getting dark, but I’m happy to see it’s fixed. Le Mans at night in the rain… That makes
    PCARS a horror game xD. It’s a thrill to drive, and it gets the blood pumping. I also recommend driving the RWD P30 LMP1 car at Nordschleife at night, it's CRAZY... As Petros Mak quoted to me: "Get's the heart pumping and the bowels flowing."

I still would not say the physics/ffb are of a sim level. They are solid “SimCade”, but not sim. I had some erratic moments in the physics as well, so they do need some work.

Here's how I rank physics, in my opinion (granted, I've never driven a race car in real life yet):

1. rFactor 2
    2. Game Stock Car Extreme
    3. Assetto Corsa
    4. iRacing
    5. RaceRoom Racing Experience
    6. Project CARS

How I'd rank AI:

1. Game Stock Car Extreme
    2. RaceRoom Racing Experience
    3. rFactor 2
    4. Project CARS
    5. Assetto Corsa

Force Feedback

1. rFactor 2
    2. Assetto Corsa
    3. Project CARS
    4. iRacing
    5. RaceRoom Racing Experience

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

you must have better luck w/ R3E AI than i do. i like the list, its difficult for me to say "best physics" too as im in the same boat. so (like ffb) its a pretty subjective thing for me. its gotten quite hard to separate (for me) nu-R3E (~cars made since they became s3)/iR/AC/pCARS/SCE. even tho each are different. rf2 though is just, REALLY different, which makes it quite fascinating. is it the closest to the truth? get back to you in 15 years...

anyway nice list, i think i would find it more disagreeable (interesting, i should say...:D) if there were some kind of ratings atttached to each, bc for me its easy to say "well, 2-4 (or w/e) are very tough calls, i get that ranking" but theres probably a lot more difference in your mind than mine.

i like R3E FFB but i can see how itd put someone off. and glad again to see im not alone in thinking iR is sorta pants FFB-wise (i would love to say different, david tucker is always so genial & helpful & obv really knows his stuff but he's got a different interpretation of what ffb should do than me i guess).

19. yusupov

yusupov Registered

actually come to think of it, im not sure its the R3E AI that are so bad but that collision system...this part is similar in pCARS. the sound and feeling (is there a feeling, or just that awful sound)...its just like too bricks being bashed together...ughghhgh. something about it just puts me right off.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

R3E and GSCE use old gMotor 2.0 for physics. Most probably included is also the same gMotor 2.0 AI, unless they had a chance to tweak that part of code, which I doubt a bit because the AI behaviour is quite tied to the physics engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.