Micro freezing and stuttering since build 930-worse in 946

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by baristabrian, May 6, 2015.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

I had not been having issues for many builds, was getting high FPS (190 range) with very smooth gameplay. Beginning with build 930 I started noticing occasional micro freezing. Then with build 946 I have frequent micro freezing (appx every 10 sec or so), and also major stuttering particularly in long corners.

I normally have my graphic details set at high with shadows @ low, shadow blur @ off, and reflections @ off as well as HDR @ off.

My system specs are in my sig.

I have try the following with no luck:

1. Fresh install of rF2 and build 946
    2. Multiple different video drivers from most current back to the last known stable set.
    3. SIm processor threshold both on and off.
    4. I have monitored the CPU while driving and the purple bar never goes past the half way point.
    5. FPS wich used to remain steady in the 190 range now jumps around iradically from 120 to 40.

Any suggestions? At the moment the sim is undrivable for the league races I run in.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Does it do it with single GPU?

3. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

That I have not tried. I wouldn't think that would be where the problem is as its been running with SLI just fine until build 930. Also it would be pointless to take one of the GTX 680's out of the mix as Im running triple monitors and one wouldn't be enough. If 2 GPU's were working fine in build 910 they should work fine in 946?

4. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Got Suttering with Triple screens and a single card GTX770 since COBRA release...
    I fix it by enable Multiview in Config tab from launcher...
    it worth a quick check if enable or not....

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Activate "MaxFramerate" in your player.json - I've fixed mine @60fps, it's most lightly your GPU which is gagging over producing an excessive amount of frames. Also, set PreRendered to 1 in your gfx driver settings.