Input lag with Logitech Driving Force GT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A-Baroque, May 4, 2015.

1. A-Baroque

A-Baroque Registered

Hello !

Here's the issue I have with that wheel on rFactor 2:

After have correctly installed the wheel and downloaded Logitech Gaming Software, I still feel a very disturbing input lag from it (doesn't matter the car/the track/the speed/etc), there isn't any deadzone, the FFB is set "ON" on both profiler and game BUT when I turn the wheel it respond about 0.2s later !!:mad:

Of course it's not a deadzone issue, because when I'm on mid-range wheel and countersteer, the same delay makes the car reacts later than my command ! The wheel feeels good in general, excpet that !

I played 8 years ago with a 360 gamepad on multiple games and even on rF2, and I never had that bad feeling on my gamepad, it reacts very fast even with a 2% deadzone !!

Someone have told me to check the controller.json file to modify the steering torque minimum value, but it's already set to "0" ! There is lot of value about steering on that file, I've tried some value on steering resistance, extrap time etc..but come on first of all, I just wanna ask you basics tips to learn more about the DFGT.

It's really unplayable I'd like to say, I don't dare imagine to avoid a collision with such a poor reaction time !

Thanks in advance.

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I have a DFGT, but i have used it with a CRT monitor and with a LCD @ 144Hz.

In both the monitors i have zero visible lag, but in both the monitors i dont use V-Sync.

So, my advice is: first try without VSync ( to see if such lag is related to it) then, if without Sync you have tearing, try all the Sync options so to find the best compromize.

3. A-Baroque

A-Baroque Registered

It was already without Vsync, for long time, and I've never had that issue before.All the same, I've tried with Video, Software and GPU Vsync, but it's the same.

It's not an input lag from any command I enter, it's only the steering. Throttle and brake pedal and all the other buttons work well.Neither a visisble lag as you say, I repeat but if I plug my gamepad during the game to immediately play with it, this input lag disappears...

4. Dalek

Dalek Registered

a long shot, but have you got any steering aids on ? sounds like steering help is interfering or something.

5. A-Baroque

A-Baroque Registered

Just the clutch,nothing else, but of course I won't be able to set it OFF with my wheel ! I've just tried another USB socket: the same !
    It seems like a mechanical deadzone, a part of the wheel...

6. stonec

stonec Registered

You should test if you get the same in other racing sims, it sounds like wheel problem to me very much.

7. Dalek

Dalek Registered

I dont think auto clutch could do that.
    what happens in the logitec profiler ? can you reproduce the issue there?

8. A-Baroque

A-Baroque Registered

"what happens in the logitec profiler ? can you reproduce the issue there? "

You mean "Is that issue visible in the profiler" It's hard to see...

Other issue: sometimes the weel doesn't get back to the center properly, rather, the neutral is considered as the wheel is turned by 90° on the left.It's a secondhand product.

9. Dalek

Dalek Registered

Yes that was the idea.
    Sounds like something is not happy in your wheel.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I'm using no vsynch with my DFGT and no apparent problems with lag. A little tearing here and there has become to be no bother. Settings are such that I get an average of 120 fps on most tracks.

11. A-Baroque

A-Baroque Registered

So after a little more than a month with intense practice, I think that the problem is solved: in fact I don't really know if there did have one...

I'm way more used to those new sensations I've never had before, I'm much more confident to how to steer, how to correct the direction etc...of course that little delay is still here but I think and I hope that a wheel is made like that !

I haven't try to dismantle my wheel, I don't think I will need to do that, but anyway who knows...So thanks for all those tips guys !

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Congrats for not giving up too fast! :)