[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. peevee

peevee Registered

Hello Lgel
    I kept it very nice. You should have seen the original I nearly posted.
    I am a big fan of URD work thus I bought everything for both platforms, but I resent Alles self righteous attitude. I owe him nothing, but he owes me. I am aggrieved, but he has no right to be.
    I am curious why you take me to task about my post, but have no problem with his impolite response to my original whine.
    I really don't think I am the villain here because I have some sarcastic responses to his tirade.
    Cheers

PS
    I like your Mother Theresa attitude of peace and love. It's nice

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Sorry if I annoyed you Guimengo, nobody is perfect, I don't pretend to.

Cheers.

4. Promag

Promag Registered

It's a hard truth that with funding an unfinished product you are rolling the dice. I would like to think that funding these small devs to get content would be a good idea but if they don't deliver in a timely manner people will stop pre-funding, as I have. So you can say they are a small team, but they still have to deliver and they are not only are they hurting themselves but future crowdfunding projects for all. It's the old chicken or the egg principle. I'm still hoping for the cpm for the GT mod and am willing to pay for that update (I already bought the first iteration) but not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
  5. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

As The title states WIP!
    Sorry guys no ones perfect..........

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

peevee take it as you wish from my answer before. Im not going to argue with you.

7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

8. west1785

west1785 Registered

For the PX mod we all signed up for a WIP pre-order crowd-support mod. We paid 10 EUR and we got 5 cars right now which are not perfect, but they're pretty good at the moment. Was there a launch date, was there any actual legally binding promise from URD that was not kept? No (my mistake if I missed it). Just alless being overly optimistic sometimes and saying some things will be updated next week, etc. He explained he ran into unexpected issues, take it or leave it. If someone is that unsatisfied with a finished mod like the T5 or EGT, why would they pre-order a WIP mod from the same modding team?

And if I want to say thanks or keep up the good work, it's not kindergarten-moral support, it's being appreciative because I paid the price of a six pack and got 5 cars that I can't really drive in any race simulator at this quality. Which is pretty f*cking awesome if you ask me. But hey, let's all behave like alless stole our money just because URD didn't launch some updates when they said they would on a forum. Yep, that's the spirit!

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

+1

10. peevee

peevee Registered

Had my say. End of story!

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

12. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

As a modder myself for Virtua Simulazioni i'll take URD's side here, modding isn't easy especially when you do extreme cars. I've got a decent amount of experience in rF2 and AC and both sims have their physics based issues which you have to cater for. Then you might find a glaring issue later on, oh crap, the lod disappears, oh crap when i move the steering wheel part of the housing doesnt move with it or someone attached the wheel to the body model. I can go on for hours, there are even issues I can't talk about or problems that can happen to someone. Lets say the modeller got RSI, the physics guy broke his leg, a game dev wants work done. There is stuff URD can't talk about. For these pre-order sort of things(which i am familiar with from the flight sim days) there is a unwritten rule that you get pissed off if there is no progress for 3 months or if the project isnt finished within one year.

Delays happen, things we can control and things we can't but this situation is not remotely bad enough to warrant attacking them. If 6 months from now there is little to no progress then anger will be warranted.

I'm sorry but a common trend with the angry people is that they fail to understand how hard this can be at times. The raging really doesnt help to keep their morale up and no this isnt blind fanboyism, legally and ethically this is fine.

I'd suggest they slow down a bit with the free content to focus on the paid stuff first but that could be getting done by different members of the group, I wouldn't know.

You guys are welcome to complain but keep it civil and constructive please.

13. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Holy internet drama batman!

14. peevee

peevee Registered

@brownninja97
    It's not about sides and I said my bit. When my team Everton don't deliver (which is often!) I have a groan and moan and even a rant about it but they still my team....
    Just one question to you: Virtua Simulazioni do you charge for your mods?

15. Bazevo

Bazevo Registered

You (almost) lucky boy Peevee. I'm a Bolton fan.... imagine how I feel!

16. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

What do you mean FIVE cars? I only have THREE! Has there been an update recently? If so, where is my email!?

17. peevee

peevee Registered

LOL we suffer together mate :rolleyes:

18. peevee

peevee Registered

I was thinking exactly the same but could not be bothered to check (too busy driving Flat6 and latest Megane) - maybe it's four: Loire LMP1 & LMP2, Darche and Aura? Shiro supposed to be next?

19. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Keep you promise please

You had your say, now let the rest of us have our say.

Although i understand what you're saying ( i want this mod to progress as well) your message gets lost in the way you try to get get your point across. I'm not a modder but i think the explanation given by various people here is quite valid. Therefore i don't feel stolen at all. I had my fun already with the available cars, mixing them up with the splendid EGT mod for endurance racing.
    URD has shown in the past that they can deliver, so i expect them to do the same with this mod.

20. peevee

peevee Registered

Blah blah blah dude had my say end of story - we talking footie now bhendrik