[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

The Aura has so much oversteer when it has much fuel.

2. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

oversteer? it was understeer for me.

3. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

someone will display works?

4. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hi Alless. My feedback (for now) is:

Graphics and sound:
    - Are the headlights suppose to be asymmetrically lighted?
    - The KERS sound (whine) is missing and perhaps there should be a little turbo sound as well?

Physics:
    - Overall the car seems to handle well and the engine physics seems to give the correct output. The only thing I was wondering about, that may be a setup problem, is that the car seems to oversteer a lot when driving relatively slow (2nd gear), when releasing the throttle.

I have taken a couple of laps at Daytona and Le Mans, but I will test it further the coming days.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I don't think you have to comment much on the sounds, they're not really trying to be Aura sounds :)

6. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

I was expecting more from this mod, both cars are very poor on details (graphics, physics and sounds).

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It'll improve :)

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Which part of "Beta access" is confusing you ?

9. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

the display on the steering wheel work?

10. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

I don't really care if it's beta or not, just saying that I was expecing more from URD regarding current and planned features, this is not a Gen6 car... in fact far from it.

And since it's beta, it means that the team is still working on it, so why not be honest and tell what you think? That's why most developers don't care to create quality products anymore, the product is always under development instead of fine tuning.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Constructive criticism helps, what you wrote makes you come across as a whiny little kid who seems to expecting Gold when he got Bronze. If you don't understand the meaning of Beta or Constant Development then don't buy into the concept in the first place.

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

^ Exactly my point :rolleyes:

- And writing in past tense ("I was expecting"), doesn't really send a signal of being able to understand the concept of "Beta" and "Ongoing Development".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  13. Justy

Justy Registered

I've not had chance to test this car very much yet, but no, I'm pretty sure the steering wheel display didn't work for me either. I'm sure that will be fixed soon.

You may be right (personally I thought the cars looked pretty good in the graphics department, but as I say, not extensively tested the car yet), but given the improvements that were made with the EGT mod, I would think it's a safe bet that things will improve in time. I don't wish to sound patronising, but maybe you could help URD by offering more specific feedback about what you don't like, in the areas you mention? Simply saying you aren't impressed with graphics, physics and sounds is probably not going to be of much use to the URD team. :)

14. triebie

triebie Registered

well, if i read the email correctly, that comes with the latest 0.20, it clearly said that URD is concentrating on making good physics first!
    That is the thing the Beta testing is all about.
    I guess, creating good physics is an even bigger challenge now with these new games out.
    ...and i am sure that we will have best graphics anyway once the mod is finished!
    First of all driving them should be fun so i think it´s worth the waiting until they are getting there.

..just my 2 cents....

15. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

Thank you Justy

16. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

hmm its very hard to make these sorts of cars in rF2 because its missing a few features in terms of physics. I have this in both sims and in one it looks and sounds epic not sure if physics are good or bad but its fun in AC. rF2 needs work but it makes sense, the mod system in this game is extremely detailed. The sounds and visuals etc are going to be in the rF2 version so there is no need to worry about those things, of course it would have been preferable if this didnt have to happen but it the same back with EGT, the betas were edgy and i expect them to be. the prototypes are very hard to do, think about how little information the team has to work with, no one has tackled these cars before so id be more worried if everything seemed to go fine.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There is something weird with those LMP tires. There's a strange lack of initial turn-in bite, like it turns but slips, then there's some wandering about of the car that I wonder if it has anything to do with tire wall rigidity? A great place to test is Interlagos and a few parts of the track feel awkward to drive, the uphill right-hander (T6 or Ferradura) is a bit wobbly on default or slightly tweaked setup and the ensuing slow speed corners up through Junção (the slower left-hander to go up the hill to S/F straight) give the notion the car will grip but then it doesn't. Just drifts on itself.

I read somewhere once about an user looking at the tire values look-up table and being baffled at some numbers. Unfortunately he didn't post constructive feedback on it, about which direction to go but since the tires are what connects a chassis to the road it is of extreme importance to get it right.

18. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

So i thought id try and beat the free practise times over at nurburgring gp with the aura and revolution. Its not gone well im over ten second behind them.

19. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I think it's an error to try to get the exact lap times of real cars with a simulator like rf2 or other. There are so many variables involved in the lap time, that if you tune the MOD to be accurate in a track, it wont be in another. It becomes an endless history.

If lap times are near 5 seconds of the real time in a track with a lap time under 2 minutes, I think it's accurate enough.

I think car behaviour is most important. If you find your car is doing something impossible in real life, that's a problem.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup. Newerburg greatly lacks accuracy and the Audi is very early on. Surprising it's so much slower unless it's your first time around with a bad setup.