[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Justy

Justy Registered

I think it was just a change to the setup, stiffer front springs, changes to the aero and different tyres were the things which I noticed were different from the previous version.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

2. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

I just downloaded the new P1/P2 cars. I have to say, they are very tricky to drive. I felt the rear end of the Revolution P1 was all over the place, so I added some downforce and softened up the rear a bit. Seemed to help a lot, but at this point, the cars feel a bit "dodgy". I need to run some more tracks though to understand the car better. The engine physics and the car model are really great though as are the sounds.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

RF2 setups are stored relative to default values, so if you use an old setup on a car whose physics has changed, weird things can happen.
    Better start again from scratch from the default setup.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

They are perfectly drivable and balanced at least PX1s with default setup (doesn't mean it is the best setup on all tracks).
    An LMP should rank just under an F1 for skills needed for it's driving.
    For an average driver used to RF2 (more complex sim than some other available) they are very easy to drive (not to win a race with).
    How do you manage the Skippy, AC Cobra, Howstons, Brabham BT20 or the FISI Master F1?
    Cheers.

5. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

The skippy's are perfect and I like them for what they are. You can't compare any of the cars you mentioned above to these because they are totally different and how you drive those is completely irrelevant to how you need to drive these.

Getting back to what I said - my opinion is that the steering is a bit too light and they skate too much at medium speeds. Above 100 miles per hour, with a car that has that much downforce, I would expect the rear end to have better traction. A P1 car has way more downforce than it currently feels like. Obviously these are not going to have the same amount of traction as an F1 car, but I feel as though the grip level isn't there or at least the steering needs to better reflect the forces. I get the feeling I'm driving a golf cart through the steering wheel, although I'm driving a car with thousands of pounds of downforce.

Now, do I think its a great start? Yes, I think there are many aspects which are great. As I said, I think the engine and the car models are great and I like the sounds a lot. The physics are early versions, and I get that. I absolutely love the GTE cars and think URD did an amazing job with those. Obviously they are farther along as the protos were released later so I haven't tried to compare the two different 'sub' mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

A bit more feeling through the steering would be nice, I'm not sure what's most realistic though... It does have powersteering.
    And err I can feel what I need to feel. I mean the car talks to me through the steering wheel when something out of the normal happens... If the rear/front slips, I feel it... If nothing extraordinary happens, it's smooth and undramatical in the FFB. If I touch a curb with one wheel-set I can feel it, but it is not as much as other cars. A bit more would be nice, but I'm not sure what's more realistic and wanting more might be subjective preference really.

So far, raising the caster and putting the FFB multiplier from 1.00 to 1.20 has made it way better for me though and it doesn't clip :)

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

As I wrote before, I find the current version of PX1 2015 with default setup to be very easy to drive for such a high performance car (just tried it before writing this reply at Silverstone on cold tires).

You are totally entitled to have a different opinion.

There is no doubt that the physics are still in beta.

As I wrote in an earlier post, when all the PX willl be released URD will have to match their performance and choose wether doing a LE (all cars with equivalent performance) or HE (every car trying to match it's real world incarnation, in this case a Revolution is no match for a Darche P1). So final grip of Revolution is may be still to be determined. The Revolution 2015 is the slower P1 bar the Nissan, 10 s a lap down on top cars in Le Mans, it is down both on power and downforce.

This sim has a mathematical model feeded by data, so when we discuss a mathematical model, we should discuss about it with data.

The only data we can easily dispose are top speed, and lap time, if our model has similar lap times and top speed we can infer it is not completly off.

Do you have any data to sustain a lack of speed while cornering? I don't.

If we are not able to do this, we can argue for years.

Cheers and have fun racing.

P.S.

While tuning the car at Silverstone, playing with other parameters than caster, I increased cornering speed, and the steering felt much heavier than with default setup.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

URD is very likely - and thankfully - going for real life performance, not league edition.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Well, we are going to setup as much as posibile for real at start. Thought there is no real hybrid system where we allready have to fake it into the engine somehow.
    Than we might thought setup the cars to be more competitive as example it would be nonsence to put Shiro ingame that would hardly match PX2 cars.
    Overall Revolution is for sure slightly harder car to be driven to the top 3 cars. We need to evolve that further to see what you guys will want and than we can adjust them.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You could always include a Tuning package to bring it to what the manufacturer want it to perform, not to how it actually runs so people wanting more of a league-friendly setup can run it. Otherwise, some folks may love the challenge.

11. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Great, ;)

tested: PX1 has was reliable and easy handling.

Good job

Leonardo1962 (Peter)

12. steviejb

steviejb Registered

That's a rather good idea. :D I know at VEC we'll need cars that are very very similar, but it would be great to have the option of having the accurate performance of the cars, not only for offline use, but I know there are leagues out there that run historical mods with real car performance.

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1

14. eiketinen

eiketinen Registered

+1

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Try lowering sensitivity of your controls in the settings of your wheel in the menu game.
    On high powered cars, I run Brake sensitivity at 40 % and Throttle at 50 % with a G27.
    It may help controlling those cars.
    Cheers.

16. Justy

Justy Registered

Also bear in mind that softening the rear suspension too much can negatively impact on your aero setup, as the downforce can then overcome the springs and push the rear of the car down more, relative to the front axle, which in turn affects your rake and wing angles.

17. yurisminator

yurisminator Registered

Template for the revolution?

Really well made! I fell for it instantly!

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You are completly right.

I didn't want to say it to bluntly, but on a high downforce car, dynamic ride height control is very important.

Those cars like F1 are difficult to setup (packers, third spring, strong aero, diffuser), and I don't know how it can de done right without using telemetry.

Cheers.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thinking about it, this whole step for LE would potentially be too complicated. URD is good at updating the mods, maybe in 2016 there could be an update for 2016 in case there is a closer grid.

People could always run the SimHQ LMPs which are the exact same performance for both ARX and 919.

20. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

is very difficult to simulate an engine power on the front axle, in formula one is used a turbo simulating the electric motor, traction goes to the rear axle, but LMP is the electric motor on the front axle does not believe is feasible to do that and that works well, since it is 4WD