1966 AC 427 v1.03 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 3, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Some helpfull advises from ISI could help in this case...

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Very good job this car. Controlling this powerfull beast requires a quite sensitive right feet. :)

Unfortunately i couldn't manage a sunday drive without to scratching the car, but i could avoid to crash deadly.

Really cool, altough this kind of cars are not my favorites, i'm impressed.

No problems with the t500rs and my settings here, but i can feel a roughness in some scenarios, which feels like generated at the tire patch/surface, something kinda like a slip stick effect, the feels quite good with my setup, but i don't know how it feels in standard.

Everything is fine so far, but what i think could be somewhat more dominant is the lateral accel transmitted to the steering wheel.

The ffb lacks a bit weight pressure and lateral acceleration in my opinion in general.

The rf2 ffb dominates with alignment forces which even do under lateral accel while cornering and the quite weightless steering wheel feels like riding on egg shells under slip, while on the limit of G's.

To be short the force Fy could be stronger in the ffb which is the result and the sum of forces as you know for yourself, as for example the weight.

This little details and maybe a slip stick effect longitidunal aligned in the ffb could make it perfect, such as under traction on the drive axle, and brake slip stick.

That wouldn't be fake, it is real and feelable on real car steering as well when the rubber is slip sticking.

The best car so far, again good job and i'm looking forward to the next level. ;)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are two aspects here: in simple terms they said tyres need to be rebuilt, and if you look at old vs new tyres the lookup data is now different (also compressed, but obviously that's not all), so to some extent you could 'just rebuild' a tyre and it would probably behave better. But there are also some old parameters that have been superseded (most of the old temporary parameters) so I'm sure when ISI updates them they'll have new replacement parameters as well. So you could get an improvement, but it wouldn't be ISI level (and if the old tyre needs a bit of tuning to suit the newer modelling, you obviously wouldn't get that).

There is a ttool tutorial that provides info if you have the time and patience to work it out. It's not straightforward, but not much of modding is these days...

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nope, no clipping when turning the car, just beneath the clipping limit when steering.
    Bumps and big curbs make the wheel clip but the steering forces are clean.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am getting micro-stuttering with this car using same number of AI and same track and conditions as other cars that don't produce that problem. FPS is not bad (usually steadily above 60), but stuttering is there worse than any other car I believe. Clio, e.g.--no stuttering.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

I think it's due to polycount.

7. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Yesterday we opened one server for the public only with this car ( it´s already online ) and we could test strongly.

The feeling is really good in multiplayer mode and the sound is great. Congratulations, guys, you´ll made a great mod!

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, if a 4 MB R9 290X can't handle the poly count, either every other card should be having problems, too, or rF2 sucks with AMD. I think we know the answer...

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Any recommendations regarding how to use this vehicle in a championship? I haven't looked into the files yet but I notice that there are 8 teams and I am selecting 7 AI so that I would be 8th and theoretically drivers would be the same. I suspect that, based on other vehicles I've had to modify, that one of the drivers is on more than one team? If so, then why? Is it reasonable to ask in the future vehicles and updates to this vehicle that it be possible to have consistent drivers if all teams are used? People already have to use paper to keep track of championships. Why should they have to also mod the vehicle?

Edit - This also complicates comparison of performance from race to race with same combo because I cannot ascertain whether a better result at a given AI strength is because of improvement in my performance or worse performance of AI drivers because they are different. Anything that can be done to make it easier to keep challenge consistent from race to race without having to be an engineer would be much appreciated.

10. Justy

Justy Registered

I have been experiencing the same thing too. I would, ordinarily just put it down to my card struggling, with the settings I'm using. However the framerate is always steady as a rock, when the stuttering occurs and never budges from the 66 fps cap. With that said, I do find framerates lower than most other cars in general, but I figured this was due to the quality and detail of the car model, from a graphics standpoint, so I just don't run as many AI cars when racing offline, to compensate, but stuttering is still present.

I've not really done any objective testing (having too much fun driving it), so I'm not 100% sure if this is correct, but it seems to happen under certain driving conditions, i.e wheels spinning, hard braking etc. Maybe tyre smoke? Dare I say it... Cpu loads? As I say not really tested anything properly, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Currently running a 3gb HD7950 with a mild overclock, all graphics settings are maxed apart from Shadows and AA.

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

ISI makes this cake for us. Just open up the team mas and extract the veh files, rename the driver and team to anything you want. Add more veh files (pointing at livery of choice) for more teams and drivers then package up in a rfcmp. Did this for Lotus and Redbull with FR3.5 as well as added my own team. Five minutes to make these changes...

12. Emery

Emery Registered

You don't even have to get that drastic. Just make virtual team, especially for offline use. It's in the tuning menu and I know there's a thread about this, too.

13. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not sure five minutes of editing files is drastic :) but that won't resolve the dup driver name on more than one team. And if he's going to the trouble of a Championship then you can replace the AI names with names that you would like to have compete in your virtual series. e.g. Maybe an ex MotoGP racer is into vintage racing his Cobra.

I think that ISI provides these rfcmps as a template for us to create into our own. Helmets, gloves, suits, new liveries, new icons, equals any custom series you can dream up. Content can be borrowed from other mods, etc. It is like a set of legos, not always going to have the pieces you need (LMP please) but most are there. You could even create a rfcmp with Pros on Comp spec Cobras and AMs on Street tires. All in good fun. Sorry for being a bit off topic. Cheers.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Ah, true, forgot about that bit!

15. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

The best way to make a challenging and meaningful championship is to create a vmod, post in the league section of the forum and run your own championship with real people. It's far more intricate and rewarding. The odd track may have quick AI, and a few of them even have decent block lines, but AI are very easy to intimidate and pass -- so winning or losing teaches you nothing.

Get online, join a room, a league, host your own or whatever. It's very easy to do and far more fun for everyone.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It could be some sort of smoke thing causing the stuttering, since these cars can spin the wheels at the slightest provocation. I would also suspect high res mirrors that I don't think any other ISI car has and that we've been whinging about getting for years. There's probably a major optimization reason why ISI didn't give these seemingly easy and obvious high-res mirrors to us already.

Glad it's not just me, but, not glad because I don't think there will be any quick fix for this problem.

17. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Difficulty set to auto clutch off. Car tuning selected rev match. G27 pedals and H shifter set for gear changing and clutch. Buttons 5 & 6 (paddles) not configured (empty).

Apart from having to use the clutch to move off there seems no other operation of clutch. Not needed to upshift or downshift. Some clutch slippage can be made to happen when full throttle upshifting sometimes but that is all.

What am I missing?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I were to guess: probably a new transmission model that isn't here yet.

19. tommy42

tommy42 Registered

Thx ISI,

the AC 427 and the reworked BT20 are the best simulated cars ever. My wish: Same reworked physics for the two Howstons (new tire model) and the EVE F1 (rev-match and new tire model) .

BTW: Is it possible, to put a small "chrchrk"-Soundfile in it for Bad-Shifts?

Tommy

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

+1