recommend a new wheel for rfactor 2 and AC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eltidi, May 1, 2015.

1. eltidi

eltidi Registered

My fanatec CSR has just died on me, this is the second fanatec wheel in 4 years, I love the feel and the on the fly settings but I want something more sturdy can the thrustmaster t300 GTE fill the bill.

Thanks.

2. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Directdrive wheel!

OSW
    Bodnar
    Accuforce

3. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Must be honest, I'm loving my Thrustmaster TX (same deal as the 300)
    I can highly recommend it

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

What is your budget and expectations of a wheel?

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

t300 or tx 458s both seem like great wheels, but i dont know about their reliability...i feel like w/ any wheel you have to take a bit of a gamble there. ive heard all 3 major brands are awful at various times by various (multiple) sources, it only takes one bad experience to put someone off forever.

6. eltidi

eltidi Registered

I was satisfied with the fanatec csr wich is a 240 € wheel, I already have clubsport pedals and the the thrustmaster shifter so I only need the wheel, for around 300 I can buy a fanatec csr again, a t300 gte or a tx 458( this is my prefered option as the wheel seems like a plastic toy)

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I saw today the T300 GTE for around 250 EUR and the TM Leather 28 GT for 140 EUR. This would be my favorite Combo :)

8. eltidi

eltidi Registered

That's a real good price, where did you find it?

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you want real high-end, then forget wheel's like the Bodnar, Accuforce, Frex, ECCI, etc. Get an Open Sim Wheel (OSW) or pay someone to do it for you. 30 Nm (or was it 25?) for the price of around an Accuforce.

If you want pretty high-end but nothing in the $1000+ range, then there's only one to choose: the Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2. It seems like a real darn good wheel.

If you want a good, relatively inexpensive wheel, then get the Thrustmaster TX or T300RS. They're apparently 100% identical products besides some slightly different electronics for the console each product is made for. Between these two, I'd therefore go for a TX as it's usually 25% cheaper than the (apparently) identical T300RS - around $300 instead of around $400 (U.S.). The cheaper rim is probably lighter and therefore quicker to respond, faster to rotate/move, and probably relays FFB better - I'm just assuming though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
  12. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Depending of the amperes one uses, but 20Nm for the small mige and 30Nm for the bigger one.
    OSW price is around 1000e, less if you use GD`s ION controller.

13. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Sorry to hear your troubles with Fanatec, but i can really recommend the CSW V2. It really seems to be built to last, and is a major improvement to a Thrustmaster or lower spec Fanatecs (GT3RS, CSR, ...). I have never tried the really high end direct drive wheels, as they are just above my budget. But i feel the CSW V2 is a long lasting investion, and even if it would break, my experience with the support of Fanatec is very good. So for me it doesn't seem expensive at all.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yes, the Asian-made 30Nm motor :) . I don't to hijack this thread, but do you know the best place for me to get info and ask questions about the project?

15. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Yes. I`ll post about it in a minute. .

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

17. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

http://forum.virtualracing.org/forumdisplay.php/293-DIY-Cockpitbau

See that link. They are really helpfull. Just register there and ask questions..

This is the main thread:

http://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/90823-DIY-OpenSimwheel-NET-Selbermacher-Servo-Lenkrad

Here you can find info of the MMO's FFB controller

http://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/92420-DIY-USB-Force-Feedback-Controller

And here is talk about GD's IONI controller

http://forum.virtualracing.org/show...-DIY-DD-FFB-Discussion-and-information-thread

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
  18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The TX is the older Product (2013) with a lower rotation range (900° instead of 1080°). The Price in Germany seems to be the same for both.

19. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

If you get a wheel in the same price range as the CSR wheel it'll probably last about the same amount of time. Then again, you can buy 3 of those for the price of one CSW V2 + wheel rim.