rFactor 2 + TV 3D + NVIDIA 3D Vision. WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sderenno, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

time ago I bought the oculus rift, but use with RF2 was annoying, unfortunately worked well only with iRacing and just decently with Assetto Corsa. So I sold it. Meanwhile, by mistake, I installed the software NVIDIA 3D Vision, the trial version for 15 days, I connected my PC to the TV Sony 47 "3D and I was ecstatic. Pretty much any game works in 3D, without any concussion, also the 2D objects remain unchanged.

I opened this thread to entice anyone with a 3D TV to try and communicate to others the feelings, I think it's a turning point because you will realize that all the visualizations beautification of new titles do not really need anything.

While waiting for your comments, greetings.

2. Addict

Addict Registered

Do you need a 120hz or with 60hz is sufficient?

3. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Most TV's (i.e. not computer monitors) won't accept a 120 Hz signal. A lot of times, if they do, you have to drop the resolution down, anyway. The 120, 240, etc. Hz that most TV's claim are internal refresh rates (read: a gimmick) and doesn't matter what signal you're passing into it. Remember, these devices are intended to be hooked up to Cable, Satellite, DVD, or Blu-Ray first and foremost. If high refresh rate is what you want, your best option is a computer monitor that's capable of it.

5. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I play rF2 with a Sony KDL-47W805 passive 3D in Full-HD at 60Hz and no input lag. This TV allows you to play in 3D with a PS3, so it is suitable anyway.

In addition, a 3D monitor of this size does not exist and use a small 3D monitor does not serve almost anything.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup. 3D is bloody amazing especially when you adjust the convergence (pop out of the screen) as well. Triple screens, 3D, Track IR is gosh darn amazing.

- http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=258812
    - http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=36392

There's probably a few days or week period to get used to it but I now have no eye fatigue, just the first few days. Also, I rushed the 3D depth settings rather than starting off slow and slowly increasing the depth.

I now use a registry hack were I can use as much depth as I like. I tripled it so basically 100% depth is now actually 300% and OMG amazing. Such an increase in depth does mean you need to get used to it though or your eyes can get fatigued. I've only spent two days @ around 175%-200% and I'm already almost fully used to it.

The depth perception, the closing distances, the distance between you and other cars, the "thickness" and "mass" perception of everything, it's just another dimension. You are really there, you have TRUE depth of field (rather than fake, gimmicky DOF effects many game's use in order to try and pathetically convey a sense of 3D). I can go on about 3D forever.

I just can't explain it enough how amazing 3D is. It's not just some gimmicky thing, it literally "puts you" there in the car, on the track, in the city. The cars, houses, walls, guardrails, etc. are "actual" physical objects now, not just some nice rendered polygon/texture/shader on a screen, no, it's a real physical object now that takes up real space, has mass to it, etc.

Racing the Historic F3s with a 1:1 (or close) FOV at historic Monza and Spa is wonderful. You can really see the long distance of where you're flying down, you can see the long distance and "feel" the scale of the Monza banking as you're looking ahead into the cornet while banked and bouncing around. Monaco just comes so brilliantly alive; it's breathtaking.

The Metalmoro last night in GSC at night in some flat-ish track. The rental karts in Italy - I was "literally" in Italy :)

I'm so glad the VR headsets are becoming so big and therefore really pushing 3D because properly done 3D is so NOT a gimmick and really needs to be the standard. The only thing that's a gimmick is looking at a 2D world on some piece of paper (your monitor) that we've all been doing for so long.

Oh, and SLI scales darn-great when in 3D mode regardless of ISI engine (RF2, RF1, GSC, etc.) Single screen, triple screens, full reflection settings, HDR, Multiview, doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  8. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

...this and much more is the 3D, THANKS

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I suppose you get used to wearing the glasses?

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

No hassle with Passive 3D glasses, while the oculus after 15 minutes, I could not eat for a day

11. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Yeah. I mean, it's awesome if you have a lot of tolerance for it, but there's no 3D HDTV without significant lag. So if you're sensitive to it, it'll hammer your reaction times.

OP is correction that it looks terrific in 3D though. Rfactor 2 is great looking on a 3D Vision monitor (in the event you are sensitive to lag and need something more geared towards gaming).

12. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

In 3d I don't know but without it you he can play without input lag.

The best Monitor out there have 8ms of inputlag and this specific TV model have 17ms. Everything under 20ms its excelente and even more if we realize that its a TV and not a dedicated monitor.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

3d for sim racing is superb

but added lag how ever you go around it ( even with out vsync )

that's why I'm sticking to VR , perfect 3d with no 3d overhead ( each eye has its own area of screen so no shutter etc )

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. Every TV has a certain amount of input-lag.

No. The final number depends on measurement-method though, but there are several monitors that where measured with less than 4 ms.

Source? Measurement-method?

15. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

If you think that 20ms is too high to play I respect but HDTV with 14ms using leo bodnar its quite impressive and imperceptible. I bought one 42w705 last week to my center TV and this week I will buy another two extra to replace my three monitors. I can tell you that I play with it even better than in my old LG 226WTQ monitors.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

You´re right in those 4ms but are very few with that inputlag

Asus VG248QE 24-Inch LED-Lit Monitor
    Input lag: 3.1 ms

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl47w805a-201307043162.htm

Input lag (high-speed camera) - 6ms compared to lag-free CRT
    Leo Bodnar input lag tester - 17ms

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks! Interesting links!
    I don´t know if 20ms is too much, as I got me a monitor with minimum lag from the beginning.
    But in this regard lesser is always better! ;)

17. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i play on LG 27" passive 3D monitor, with tridef drivers and with AMD HD3D its amazing. I also had DK1 and didnt like it at all and sold it.