[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just want to point out that even if ISI did have the time/inclination to build any of this into UI there's just no way it would be a slick and thoroughly thought through as Log Analyzer...just no way. And it also continues to improve...

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

That's great Nibo, thanks once more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

4. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Cool! Thank you!

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

[emoji41][emoji106]

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Thank you for this tool and the latest improvements. Also a very well-written guide!

7. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I'm having problems with this tool. It's awesome how It works, but guide does not match with tool stuff.

Guide talks about an admin account, and I see nothing. I can make this run in my remote server and open It from my local computer (and of course let other people check results from their local machines), but they are able to edit everything, and delete any results they want.

Need to know how can I make this work for clients.

I have another issue too, I can not find autorefresh option.

Edit: I feel stupid, I didn't see the DEDI version... my bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yep, use r2la DEDI version for hosting, and non-DEDI for personal offline use.

9. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Today, bad wether in Hamburg. Its snowing and very cold.
    So I used this day to try this wonderful tool.

Great stuff: Thx for this. Its fun to do a offline challenge. Sad that only a few people using this.
    I like it and I will try to improve my times and I will take every challenge.

I never raced the Palatow D4: Its a fun car like a very powerful kart.
    Great combo D4 at Mills Inner Loop C

10. Rapala

Rapala Registered

could one of you aliens possibly show a hotlap of the mills loop C in the palatov challenge? My best time is 1:10.5 and the fastest guy has done a 1.06.5. Where I will find 4 seconds I have no clue!

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

12. rio

rio Registered

Awesome tool. I have 2 notes about it:

- Could the Columns sortable? e.g. sortBy Fastest Laps (that would be nice)
    - If I want access RFLA as offline single player from different devices within my WLAN Network - how can I protect the side with a password (only via .htpassword) ?

Thx for your support, Go ahead man... I really like your tool.

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

rio, do you mean columns on the "Race results" page? It can be done with some work, but I wouldn`t want to do it so far. You can just click "R Flaps" tab and you`ll get table sorted by fastest laps. Its a little bit tricky to sort columns with various data properly, I could use some JS library for that, but as I said I don`t see big reason for now to complicate things.

About restricting access to non-DEDI r2la on the server side, it is not possible as far as I know. I`m using web2py framework`s build-in servers Rocket or Gevent and they do not have .htpasswd files like Apache or any other advanced configuration options. Maybe, you could use DEDI version and set it to private mode.

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

No idea why Rio wants to sort but maybe an export would help if he can come up with a use case for it.

I have a use case for combo detail export. I am currently manually keying the following data points from LA into a spreadsheet feeding a Tableau Public visualization I am using to monitor my progress on a combo:

- Lap time, result position, best position, speed position, possible position, consistency, incidents, AI%, race time, total number of laps with combo, new PB lap time / result / race time

Obviously, some of these will still need to be manual because data points do not exist for them.

The main visualization I am looking at is three stacked line graphs with date as the x-axis. On top is AI% over time. The middle graph has lines for result position, best position, speed position and possible position.

The bottom graph has a consistency line and an incidents line.

This encourages me and rewards me for focusing on a single combo.

Edit - Of course having some of this in LA would awesome [emoji1][emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  15. rio

rio Registered

I had set up a DEDI r2la in private mode for my private network. Thats what i want... Thanks a lot ;)

PS: in the non-dedi version I get more informations in track records->date link of a list entry. In the DEDI version, it's not possible. Is this feature somehow possible in the DEDI version too?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It uses "compare logs view" to show one specific log in non-DEDI version. I removed "compare" view from DEDI version because there is nothing to compare for multiple drivers. I can try to put it back in next update, so that there where links to log files containing the record.

17. rio

rio Registered

cool. Big thanks for your work.

18. Rocket_to_Mars

Rocket_to_Mars Registered

This is a seriously good tool, very well done and many thanks.
    I have found a couple of bugs. One: if there is a driver with an empty string as name the analyzer will fail with an error message. Empty strings as name seem pretty abnormal, but it has happened with simtek's Ferrari Challenge mod, although I'd guess it wasn't intentional.
    Two: if there is a race log file that follows a qualifying log file, but the drivers in the sessions are different, the program fails to load the race file. In this case it doesn't throw an error, it just does nothing, and I'm only guessing that the drivers being different is the source of the problem, but it seems highly likely: I even tried removing the quali logs and it worked correctly.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Rocket_to_Mars, I can try to add support for one empty name (renaming it to something like "Empty Name"). But if there will be more then one, there still will be an error, because there is no way to differentiate between several empty names which will appear in consecutive practice-qual-race logs.

About second problem, it would be nice if you upload these race and qual logs for me, because I had not encountered that problem before.

20. Rocket_to_Mars

Rocket_to_Mars Registered

Yeah, I didn't think about the case with multiple empty names. Regardless, I wasn't suggesting it'd be up to you to fix a mod's problem (the game itself seems to really not like when it happens, since the standings tables get all wonky), but just to catch the exception instead of letting it break the entire program when it happens.

Here are the quali and race logs that go in infinite load: https://www.dropbox.com/s/itu4wt9czxkjnro/Log.7z?dl=0