[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks a lot. For the background and header pics - any specific dimensions you were aiming for, or is it kind of auto-scaling?

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Images are centered. For background image I think best size is your monitor resolution (like your usual screenshots), and for header you can try smaller image to cover header area only or little bigger, it will be centered in header.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Tried it just now, very well done.

4. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Fantastic tool, many thanks :)

I've got the championship top and background images showing in the viewer but they don't show on any exported HTML pages. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong?

Regards

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Its not possible at the moment. I might try to encode background image in css for next update, but I have not tried yet, if it will work.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

If you continue working with the BG image, then please consider making it so it "underlays" the actual text. I was considering to use a white-opaque picture as a background (something like a watermark).

But really, this tool is great already :)

I wonder if I could modify the BAT so it launches the browser window after a second or two.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don`t think its possible to make html background image to be visible through html child div`s. At least I don`t know how to do it. I could add another image that will show in session report div, but that session report view is the same for all viewer pages, not only Championship page, so I don`t want to include another check for existence of image file there on every page-call, for performance reasons. Also, if I use the same _bg image, than there is a question of some people not wanting to see bg image behind text in report div, so thats another problem...

You could start r2la by running web2py/web2py.exe, that server (Rocket) opens-up browser on start. But I had some problems with it on localhost in the past, its was not so fast. You can always return to .bat (gevent server).

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

About background image in exported html - no luck. I use other css framework in exported html, and it has different structure which does not allow html background to be seen like in r2la now. So exported reports will stay without bg images.

9. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Hi Nibo!

first of all: excellent work with the new features!

But something odd happened with the latest version: some of my results are not being processed correctly (tried DEDI and local), breaking the championship tables.
    I tried importing and adding manually, and both results are the same. Previous version works fine with the same rf2 results.

I attached the files and the description I get on the error page. Let me know if you need more info/files.

edit: how about a Speed info page? Like Top speed, average speed... maybe add it to the race/qualify tables?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
  10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

ggpiucco, yeah I introduced a bug in v2.034 where error happens with displaying some Race reports that have drivers in Qual log, but not Race log. Sorry for that. I`ll release fixed v.2.035 very soon.

There is no "Top speed" data in log files unfortunately. And Average speed will be just a calculation of track_length/race_time, so its basically the same as Race Time. I will think about adding it, if there is a place in some table. Because "Race results" is already packed with columns.

11. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Ah, I see. No worries!
    Thank you!

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to v2.035:

r2la v2.035
    r2la DEDI v2.035

If you run DEDI hotlap competitions, remember, you need to export them from old DEDI version and import into new one.

Changelog

Added an option to Dedi Hotlap Competitions to take lap times from current server logs automatically on refresh. Specific server name can be defined. Also added an option to accept only laps from this server logs (for client`s r2la`s such competitions will be invisible).

Added "helpers" for track name and car identifiers to DEDI Competition Create/Edit form. They are not mandatory to use, only if you want.

Server logs are now marked with * in log selector

Fixed error when trying to clean DEDI Hotlap competitions results
    Fixed error in color coding of lap times in "Race laps per driver" for current rF2 user
    Fixed removing all logs for selected mod in Track Records
    Fixed error with displaying some Race reports that have drivers in Qual log, but not Race log
    Hotlaps added for AMGT3 and ISI Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I have re-packed DEDI version, file has same name and version, but new link. If you use DEDI Hotlap competitions, re-download and re-install it. I fixed silly error with server lap times collection for competitions.

New link - r2la DEDI v2.035

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  14. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Looks like its Fixed Nibo!
    Thx Mate Top Job..........

15. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Nibo just wondering if you are able to set timezones??? In the hotlaps.......

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think it will be very hard to introduce timezones there. Because now every time is UTC timestamp. If I set a timezone for Competiton Start/End time, then I have no way to determine from what timezone lap time was submitted if somebody sends it from their r2la`s. Or if for some reason people have log file not only from one server in their log directory and this servers are in different timezones. Also, there is no timezone info in rF2 logs. In other words, this will require development of complicated system to work right in all situations and I don`t want to do that, to be honest.

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Ok no probs

18. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Hi Nibo!

the issue I had has been fixed. Thank you!

Another suggestion: re-ordering championships. Maybe add a "championship start date" field so it can be ordered by that? I was adding some races back from 2013 for laughs with friends and noticed it keeps the order of creation, so my current championship is the last (first?) on the list because I created it first.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Ok, I`ll think about it for next update.

20. Juergen Muench

Juergen Muench Registered

Hi Nibo.

Thank you for your passion and for this real awesome tool.

I´ve installed the dedi server version. I have a problem when I want to export a result.

can you help me? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015