[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

I tried different 2 different users and passwords so it shouldn't be that...

Is there a minimum length in the password? As it was a test I just used 3 letters.

Sent from my C6943 using Tapatalk

2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Not sure on that but make sure password is the same as that on dedi...........

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Hm, I tried password with 3 letters and also can not login. So it looks like some silent validation failing. ggpiucco, try from scratch and use no less than 6 symbols for password.

UPD. Yes, there is "hidden" web2py default validator for password to be no less then 4 chars. I`ll try to make it visible for next version.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  4. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Ah, I see. I didn't try more chars because I thought about it while typing the post :)
    Thanks!

Edit: there's a typo in Fuel tab: "Average fuel consumtion per lap"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

This is brilliant for offline usage. Thanks a lot! The ease of use by automatically parsing teams and cars is wonderful, the scoring presets for Formula One are just what I needed.

The tool itself doesn't write any data besides the settings.json? So basically for best practice I delete my "old" logs before starting a new championship, then keep the logs for the duration of the championship?

regards

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes. And if you need to go from old version of r2la to newly released one, you transfer your Championships by importing settings.json file. Also if you want to save your championships results somehow, before deleting old logs and old championships you can "Export" old championship standings to static html file.

7. Slowsle

Slowsle Registered

Can someone help me? On the initial startup, I can't seem to get the proper path to my rf2 folder. I just have a standard install on the c: drive. What folder exactly does it need? C:documents/rfactor2? C:programfiles (x86)/rfactor2? I'm just not getting it right.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You need to find out what is actual path to your rfactor2. For me installer proposes standard path as C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 so you should try that if you used standard path.
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2
    Just copy/paste it. If it still fails and r2la will give you some error message, copy that message and post it here.

9. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Hi, just wanted to thank you for this brilliant piece of software and report a (very) minor issue.

On the car stats screen where we can look at team statistics, we have a Wins, Poles and fastest lap stat. These should be divided by the amount of cars there are in the given teams or car class. At the moment I have done three races with all my teams having three cars. Even though one team has won all three races, the stat in the wins column shows 3 out of 15 (3/15), it should of course be 3 out of 3 (3/3).

Thanks again for this. It' so easy to use and set up, a really essential bit of software if someone wants to do championships, or just keep a record of stats from the sim.

10. Slowsle

Slowsle Registered

Got it! Thanks!

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

pitkin, that later number is actually the overall number of starts for that TeamName. So "3/15" for Wins reads like "Cars with this TeamName had started 15 times and 3 times of this 15 starts they won". I don`t know why it shows 15 for you if you say, that you have done 3 races with 3 cars, so it should be 9. Are you sure there is no more races or more cars with this TeamName in your championship?

That number is also used in DNF and In PTS columns, where it is more useful. There you can see that "Some CarType (Team, Class, Vehicle) started X number of times and DNF-ed (or scored points) Y number from this X".

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Wow, I just saw the graph of positions during a race.

This is *really* nice, very, very immersive stuff.

Just curious, how do you correlate the Qual with the Race log files? Always the last Q file before R gets used (in case for example of "Restart Session" during Q)?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, from race log file it goes down until it finds Qual log from the same track, that also was created that day (it matches first 10 characters of the filename, which is date).

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I think you just re-ignited my passion for some serious RF2 time with this tool... it truly gives an "offline purpose".

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats nice to hear (or to read). I actually planned to run offline championship myself since I implemented Championship manager, but never found a time yet. Mostly hotlapping and running Offline Challenges. And yes, AI is not good with all cars and tracks, so you have to pick and choose. But sometimes there are pretty impressive races with AI if setup right.

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

For me the F1RFT 2013 single player package and the ASR Grand Prix 1992 season do nicely after a bit of custom editing, and it's great that you included the presets for the points system of these years.

One thing - not a bug, but curious... I had three log files (P, Q and R) of a single race. Worked perfectly to create a Championship result from them. Then I deleted P for some reason, and suddenly the race results in Championship Manager wouldn't show the Q results anymore. Must be some dependency, but for sure the Q log file was still present.

Very well done on the "remove empty log file" feature and the general ability to "hide" them. That folder can clutter up quickly with testing.

One suggestion for future versions, just visually: Maybe implement a header or background picture that can be configured, per Championship? So people could add a nice screenshot of the series they are racing, to make it feel a bit more "ingame" and a bit less "statistics". Though the layout, graphs and icons are very well designed, don't get me wrong. Similarly (if it isn't already possible, I didn't check) maybe an option to edit font colors trough a stylesheet. But that would just be icing on a very good cake.

The small mini-webserver is future-proof, i.e. Win10 compatible?

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Hmm.. There is no way Race log is connected to Practice log. It looks for Qual results only in Qual logs. So if there is Qual log, it should show result. I don`t know what happened, if it happens again, send those logs to me and try to remember what exactly you done.
    Maybe you`ve checked "Check, if there was no qualification session for this race (case: 2nd or 3rd race in BTCC)" checkbox while assigning log to championship race? Then there will be no qual data.

I can do that. Only problem would be upgrading between r2la versions, you`ll loose you backgrounds and will need to reassign them. Right now I don`t see easy system to transfer them, maybe later...
    UPD. 1 min later. Maybe I see a way to transfer, lol...

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Oh, I would have thought backgrounds just have to be specific sized images, have the user put them in the main folder and reference the filename inside the website setup options. No need to transfer them programatically...?

19. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

GCCRacer: I use it with Win10.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think there should be no problems with win10, but I can not test myself right now.

About backgrounds, yes, non-tested idea is to put .jpg files with the name matching championship name into some folder, and thats it.